“Rathbone Mansions”
Review of Rathbone Mansions

Rathbone Mansions
Ranked #33 of 142 New Orleans B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 1, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here in January 2014. Beautiful place but not clean! Floors were dirty, bathroom shower curtain was nasty as well as around the toilet on the floor. Maids came in dailey to give us clean towels and empty trash but thats it. Did not clean the floors or wipe things down. I had to do it. There was a vacuum in the hallway so I got it and cleaned the floors myself. Thankfully I had Clorox Bleach Spray with me as well as Clorox Wipes. I tale those when I travel in case of nastiness, cause I definitely need them while staying at the Rathbone Mansions. Other than that the place is beautiful and in a beautiful neighborhood. They just need to make sure the maids are doing their job

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank Tammy R

Reviewed April 27, 2014 via mobile

I'm torn on this one. To be fair, it was Jazz Fest and we got what I think was the last room in New Orleans. Were it not for the bathroom, my rating would be better. We stayed in what was a back (third) building. The bathroom was small and the shower was very small. The housekeeping staff cleaned, but the shower was old and funky. Let me put it this way -- I showered with my flip flops on. However, the pool was awesome and the owner couldn't have been nicer. My kids enjoyed it. Any port in a storm...

Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Tanya K
Reviewed April 25, 2014 via mobile

Recently my wedding party spent 2 nights at the Rathbone Mansions for our big weekend.
The suites we booked provided ample space for accommodating wedding preparations. The rooms were clean with all working amenities. We enjoyed the character and uniqueness each room demonstrated.
The location was great for a quick cab ride or casual walk to the French Quarter. There was great local flavor as well being on historic Esplanade Avenue which lends to the more authentic visit to New Orleans.
Pat, the manager, was always there if we needed anything.
We even invited other guests to join our party who were staying at the mansion. That's the fun thing about New Orleans. You will make new friends instantly.
We didn't make breakfast after partying late into the morning but we heard it was yummy.
If you would like the real deal when you visit a city, and have a memorable experience, book with Pat at Rathbone and let her craft a fun time for you.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 14, 2014

This was my first time in New Orleans and the group I was travelling with had stayed at the Rathebone before so I figured it couldn't be that bad, right? I was wrong. The breakfast each morning was delicious, along with the coffee and the hospitality from Tanya was above and beyond, but the cleanliness of the room was where it went sour. Throughout our stay, housekeeping would just make our beds and leave. Towels laying on the bathroom floor that needed to be replaced were still there when we got back, and the particular room I was staying in, the floor needed to be mopped and swept. There was a pop spill (from someone before me) on the wall beside the fridge. Left a note, it never was cleaned. Had to leave a note halfway through the stay (about day 5) to ask to have the sheets changed and the sheets they put on seemed dirtier than the ones they took off. Other than cleanliness my only other problem would be the price. I definitely did not get my money's worth staying here. AND they had charged my Visa weeks before I had even arrived... was no very happy with that. I would not recommend this b&b to anyone wanting to stay near the French Quarter as it is quite a walk from the heart of the quarter where everything happens. Don't get me wrong, the place was nice to stay in for the historical factor and the delicious breakfast but once was way more than enough for me. Plus, reading the negative reviews and how defensive the manager gets while replying to some of them really turned me away from ever staying here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the main building where breakfast is served. The other building's front door d...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Breanna S
Reviewed April 13, 2014

I couldn't understand the disparity in reviews before I got here. I think lovers of Rathbone and haters have the story right. It's a historic home, so it smells old. There is some cosmetic stuff that could be improved, and we did see a roach. If you are going for the historic, New Orleans experience, that's part of it. We actually loved it. The suite was very comfortable. Breakfast was fabulous. Pat (the owner) was gracious, accommodating, and friendly. The other guests were also really fun. Parking could be a problem if you expect a parking lot and curbside service. The quarter is a mile away so consider your level of fitness before booking. The hotel is located about two blocks shy of the right side of the tracks, but if you are into character and the New Orleans experience, go for it. We did and had a great time.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 6, 2014

This place is fun! It's not hospital clean, the food is really good-but not gourmet,there ARE ghosts, crazy neighbors and street noise. You will not be enveloped in luxury...but you will also sleep comfortably, enjoy fun conversation and see the 'neighborhood' side of things, in a cool building with character and history. Our family loved it (but didn't have any pretentious expectations). The Rathbone is REAL. Friendly staff as well...

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed April 4, 2014

Me and my friend stayed at Rathbone Mansions for a week while in New Orleans and we were very happy about it. Our room was perfect! Big and beautiful. The people who worked there were very nice and happy to talk to you and help you with everything, they even booked activities for you (called the business and made the reservation) if you told them when you wanted to do what. That's how we booked our trips on airboat and to plantations. The location was great! We walked easily to the French Quarter. It was very fun to eat breakfast with other people, because they have one big table and one small, so we always sat at the big table because you started talking to people and hear different stories and you could share experiences and advices on what to do during the day.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends