“Great Hotel!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #24 of 162 Hotels in New Orleans
Miami, Florida
“Great Hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2011

My family and I stayed at the Ritz Carlton New Orleans for New Years for three nights. You could tell the hotel was full but this did not affect the service. We stayed in standard rooms, which is the most basic rooms you can get, and we found the decor to be classic. Wood furniture, comfortable beds, beautiful upholstered fabrics. Ritz Carlton's are usually decorated classic vs modern but they still have all the modern amenities, some people may consider this dated but I certainly don't!
The room was always cleaned in a timely manner. Room service was good and had fast service, even on January 1st, you can imagine how many people were choosing to order breakfast in their room after a long night.
The hotel is a block and half away from Bourbon.
The only reason why I give it a four star on service is because the concierge service wasn't the best. I guess the concierge felt we were asking too many questions and after our third question to cut us off she answered a questions and went into a back room, leaving us standing there. Also we took a walking tour at the recommendation of the concierge, we thought we were taking it with a serious company and it turns out the meeting point was on the sidewalk in front of a restaurant and the tour guide took cash only. It was just a little weird...didn't expect that from a concierge recommendation.
Overall great hotel.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank trespequitas

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (465)
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2011

This hotel is in a convenient location near the French Quarter, the building is quite nice, and the staff are uniformly pleasant, friendly and helpful. However, the guest rooms feel very dirty and dated. Carpets, upholstery, wall coverings and curtains in our "executive suite" were grubby and needed replacing, housekeeping tidied but did not seriously clean the rooms daily (i.e., no vacuuming), fresh bedding did not always seem clean, and we were fairly certain that there were bedbugs in our first room (the hotel promptly changed us...but it was very unsettling).

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
los angeles, California, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2011

First of all, they were filming a movie next door and besides giving guests everything they expect from the Ritz, Jeremy Piven, Luke Wilson and a ton of pro basketball players were wondering around. If working out next to Luke Wilson isn't reason enough to stay here, I don't know what is.
The bar is great, the atmosphere classy, and my maid did an extraordinary job every day. She even picked up my dirty clothes and kept them in a bag for me so when I check out, voila, dirty clothes in one place! She also folded all of my other clothes, which was above and beyond. I also ordered room service one morning for breakfast and the grits and eggs hit the spot after a night of partying. It was $40 grits and eggs, but still, it was heaven in my waffel robe. Love the Ritz.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Sarasota, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2011

It is true what they are saying, the Club level is as nice as you can have. Loved the auto cappuccino machine andthe desserts? They we're at the entrance. Do much room and the food service and private entrance made this property really stand out. Great value and service!

• Stayed January 2011
Memphis, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2011

We stayed on the Concierge level of the hotel which is the old Maison New Orleans and it was amazing. My husband and I stayed in original Ritz building in 2004, and it was absolutely wonderful, but this beat it by a mile! The room had hardwood floors, huge marble bathroom with a very large tub, great stereo system, most comfortable bed I've ever slept in! The concierge level has a full breakfast and lunch buffet as well as a cheese presentation and champaign and wine during the day (champaign at breakfast too!). It was set up in a beautiful room connected to a comfortable library with tables. This side of the hotel has its own entrance, but I will say that if you want to go to the main lobby of the Ritz, it is confusing and you have to switch elevators. Well worth the trouble.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Beaumont, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2011

My wife and I stayed in the club level and were treated like royalty! All day food and beverages were available. It was worth the extra expense!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2011

The hotel stay was mediocre, but fine. The problem began when I went to check out. Upon arrival, the valet left my headlights on which, of course, drained my battery. I waited for over an hour to have them bring my car around. Eventually, they compensated my $40 parking fee, with an apology, I was on my way. I live 10 hours from New Orleans. I proceeded to stall approx. 4 hrs into my trip, leaving me stranded in Mississippi. I had to walk through the dark, cold, rain and mud to a store to purchase jumper cables, ruining a very expensive pair of shoes in the process. Also, I had to leave my car running when I filled my car with gas, so I wouldn't be stranded in the middle of nowhere, again. When I got home, I immediately contacted the Ritz, assuming they would be extremely apologetic and offer to pay for any and all expenses incurred. How wrong I was. After several hours of phone calls and emails, I was eventually directly the customer service manager in charge of reimbursement who ensured that she would look into the matter and get back to me. A couple of months, yes MONTHS later, I received a letter in the mail notifying me that their so called 'investigation' of my claim had concluded and they determined that I self-parked my car so they weren't responsible. I called this woman, I was understandably furious that the hotel was blaming ME for their negligence, and let her know that I had the valet ticket to prove that they had parked my car. She hardly let me get a word out before she requested that I fax her a copy of the valet ticket and practically forced me off the phone within just a couple of minutes, with no apology. I obliged, as I'm out of hundreds of dollars at this point, and faxed her the info she needed. Only to received nothing, no phone call, email, fax, letter in response. I never heard from the Ritz Carlton again. Never stay at this hotel, consider yourself warned. BEWARE.

• Stayed December 2010