The Ritz-Carlton, New Orleans
Chateau Orleans(New Orleans)
  • Room Service
  • Fitness center
3,264 results
All reviewsclub leveldavenport loungejeremy davenportmaison orleansfrench quartercanal streetlive jazzthird floorbeautiful hotelturn down serviceconcierge serviceluxury hotelbeignetsmardi grasthe location is perfectbourbon sttwo blocks
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 2, 2005

Went to this hotel for our 10th anniversary and were sadly disappointed. The room we were allocated was right opposite a building site. The work men finished work at 5 pm and started as 7 am. Made five calls to reception before being transferred to a courtyard room. Whilst in reception another guest stormed in with luggage demanding to be moved. We were led to believe we were the only ones!!! Did not get value for money.

• Stayed: February 2004
18  Thank ADRUK
Reviewed March 1, 2005

My husband and I stayed at the Ritz Carlton New Orleans for one night, following two bad nights at the Holiday Inn Chateau Lemoyne. So, we were a bit overly impressed with the Ritz after the bad experience we came from. However, that being said, this is your typical Ritz Carlton. Beautiful room, spacious beautiful bathroom, absolutely glorious bed, great service. Everything you expect from this chain.

The location was fine, with entrances on Dauphine and Canal Street. Our room overlooked Canal, and that was the only drawback to staying in this hotel. Canal Street is NOISY. Car alarms, sirens, bell hops whistling loudly for cabs at 5:30 a.m. . . . I slept through most of it from our 8th floor room (my sleep at the Holiday Inn had been horrible, and the Ritz bed is so heavenly . . .) but it did disturb my husband’s sleep. So, I would recommend this place without reservation, IF you get a room on Dauphine, or in the back, or overlooking the courtyard. The location, besides the potential for noise depending on the room, is otherwise perfect. Just far enough from Bourbon to keep it sane, but close enough to everything else.

Other details to mention – the building itself is gorgeous. The only oddity is that the lobby is on the 3rd floor (this is a very European practice, but worth mentioning as this is a U.S. hotel), along with the restaurants and lounges. So, you need to take one elevator to the lobby, then walk across to another bank of elevators to reach the rooms.

We enjoyed a fabulous dessert of crème brulee and chocolate martinis in the FQB in the lobby. Highly recommended.

8  Thank DTimberLD
Reviewed February 28, 2005

I went to New Orleans for a business trip February 24-25. This was my 3rd time to New Orleans and I had wanted to see what the Ritz Carlton was like. A place like New Orleans has so many visitors most of the rooms and hotels are worn out. Not so with this Ritz. The room was comfortable and cozy, everything typical of other Ritz hotels. The staff was excellent and went above and beyond for the guests. The location is great, just a block over from Bourbon street. If you need a place to have a meeting, the facilities are excellent. We had several meals around the event and the food was great. The lounge areas are clean and comfortable. With New Orleans kind of being dirty and loud, this hotel makes you forget where you are. Enjoy!

2  Thank 2017LBV
Reviewed January 23, 2005

My husband and I stayed at the Ritz Carlton the weekend before Thanksgiving 2004. The rooms are not huge, but they are nicely decorated, comfortable and quiet. If you are looking for a typical New Orleans experience, there are better choices. However, if you are just needing a nice hotel room, here is an excellent one.

My problems were with the hotel's service, usually the forte of the Ritz Carlton chain. Room service practically dumped the trays on our bed; the rooms were not cleaned until we called and requested it at 4:30 pm; and the concierge was too busy to call us back.

When I asked about the service at the front desk, they told me the hotel was "very busy this weekend" -- frankly a poor excuse in a hotel chain that supposedly emphasizes service -- and I was not offered an apology.

We paid $189 per night and had a great time in New Orleans in spite of this. But I would not stay at the Ritz Carlton again.

13  Thank PrettyGoodMom
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed January 18, 2005

We stayed t the Ritz Carlton the week of January 14th. Our room was on the 11th floor facing Canel Street. Although it was 2 weeks before Fat Tuesday the city is well on the way to getting ready for fun and craziness. The rooms in the front of the hotel facing Canel Street can be noisy and I was glad we were not on the lower floors. Bourbon street is only two blocks away.
The housekeeping is excellent. We were with a group for a meeting so our rate was very good. Our room was not large but it was comfortable and there was no noise from other rooms or from the hall.
The property is very well maintained, the staff is excellent.

• Stayed: January 2005, traveled on business