“Exceeded my expectations”

Ranked #23 of 162 Hotels in New Orleans
Nashville, Tennessee
“Exceeded my expectations”
Reviewed August 4, 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Ritz bordering the Quarter. It was classic and charming. We were on the Club level and it was absolutely delightful. Every need was met with a warm smile and great service. The room was so interesting. It was decorated with style and had a fireplace. The bed had a canopy and that was a real treat. W really didn't eat at the hotel since wee were on hither club level and because we were in New Orleans!!!!

Room Tip: I would recommend the club level. It is worth the dollars.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (525)
Midland, Texas
Reviewed August 4, 2014

I recently stayed at the Ritz on a girls trip to NOLA. We all really enjoyed our stay. The hotel was beautiful and always smelled amazing! All of the employees we encountered were extremely helpful and friendly (with the exception of a few servers in the restaurant). The location is perfect for walking around the French Quarter. Our favorite part of the hotel was definitely the spa though. I am a spa junkie and have pretty high expectations when it comes to spa facilities and treatments. I had the best facial I have ever had in my life while at the Ritz. I wish I could have stayed there all day! I highly recommend booking a treatment during your stay. Our only complaint during our stay would be that the wait staff in the hotel restaurant was pretty lacking each time we went. Our servers were quite unfriendly and inattentive. However, the food was wonderful so I would still recommend going. Overall, we loved the Ritz and would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed August 3, 2014

We arrived at The Ritz Carlton with our golden-doodle in tow and we were treated like royalty!!!All the staff knew our dog by name within the hour and greeted her each time she passed by. The suite that we had was immaculate and appointed beautifully in an absolutely elegant old world style. We have always stayed in the center of The French Quarter, however, we were very happy with this location since it was just steps from all the luscious restaurants that we love and the more than friendly ,helpful staff recommended some other eating establishments that were superb and we will certainly add them to our list of favorites. The lounge , where the World Cup was on the television, was cozy and the bartender was more than accomodating, providing prompt service and snacks even though the room was very crowded with soccer fans. Our visit at The Ritz just couldnt have been better, ( ok, the rain I could've done without) , we were spoiled, indulged, our dog was spoiled as well, and we left wishing that our holiday could've been longer.....much longer!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank 498candaces
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed August 3, 2014

This was our first stay at a Ritz Carlton property, and we really enjoyed it. The hotel is stunning, and the smell upon entering the lobby is amazing. The use of multiple elevators to get to guest rooms is initially a bit confusing, but it is easy enough to adjust. The courtyard area was lovely, and our bar service was good. The bed was super comfortable. We really did not spend a lot of time in the hotel other than sleeping and a couple of drinks, but the time we did spend there was very nice!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 1, 2014 via mobile

Overall, loved my stay. The room was beautiful. The fitness facility superb. Found the layout of the main lobby, restaurants and different elevators confusing but no big deal. My only complaint was that my bathwater in the evening did not get very hot.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank julie g
Reviewed July 31, 2014

Unlike some Ritz Carltons that are more generic and "Marriott like" This Ritz maintains that elegant old charm, upscale atmosphere and design. Beautifully appointed rooms (I was in a suite), very nice lounge area and restaurant, full of southern charm. Service was great as well. very centrally located and just steps away from the French Quarter

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Phoenixfry
Plano, Texas
Reviewed July 30, 2014

My wife and I stayed at this hotel one night. We drove in from Dallas and after an 8 hour drive all my wife wanted to do was take a bath. Check in was fine but upon arrival to the room the tub would not switch from the shower setting. We had already unpacked so decided to shower instead of bathe. The shower water pressure was nil. The room appeared clean however a candy wrapper was found on the floor near the night stand. After showering we decided to have a cocktail and have dinner in the hotel. On the way to the lounge we stopped by the front desk to mention the candy wrapper and water pressure. They offered to move us, but we were exhausted and decided not to pack again and move. Thank you for that offer. We headed to the lounge, which had 4 people in it. We ordered 2 identical martinis. Five minutes later nuts, chips and water were delivered. Ten minutes still waiting for drinks....fifteen minutes still waiting. Another patron enters the lounge and sits at the bar, orders what looks to be a cosmo, and it is immediately served. Twenty minutes, no drinks for us and we left. We left the lounge and gave our business to people who would serve us. Upon returning from our room we had a message from the lounge asking us to contac them regarding the service. Tired we didn't call. About 15 minutes later the phone rang and it was the bartender wanting to send up prosecco. It was nice of them to offer, but we were tired from our long day of driving and we passed on the offer. In the morning we went to the Bistro for our breakfast which was included in the price. My wife ordered eggs over medium. Breakfast arrived proptly but cold. Toast was so hard it was more like a crouton. Potatoes cold. Eggs hard/cooked thru. We were given a credit for the breakfast, but it was already free so didn't matter. Upon returning to our room the 9th floor had some stench in the hallway like a sewer back up. We received our bill with no concession for all our trouble. I stopped by the desk on our way out and asked for a discount and was given one.
It would have been great if I didn't have to ask.
On the brighter side the bed was very comfortable.
I will never stay at this hotel again....even if it were free. Does that tell you anything?

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
9 Thank momljs
JOliver-GM, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, New Orleans, responded to this review, August 1, 2014
Dear Momljs,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with the Trip Advisor Community regarding your recent experience at The Ritz-Carlton, New Orleans. I have reviewed your comments and I am very sorry to learn that you did not enjoy your time with us. I will follow-up with all areas mentioned to get to the bottom of your complaints.

Please know that I will use this review as a learning opportunity for the Ladies and Gentleman. I am sorry that you will not be returning, but I do hope you accept my sincere apology.

Best Regards,