“Classy............Classy..............Classy”

Ranked #24 of 162 Hotels in New Orleans
Sanford, Florida
“Classy............Classy..............Classy”
Reviewed February 8, 2014

There are many fine hotels in New Orleans and this is certainly one of them. Expensive, yes but you get what you pay for and if you like to be "pampered" with excellent service and a memorable event, then try it.....you won't be disappointed. Located on Canal Street in the heart of the city and on the fringe of the French Quarter, most venues are within walking distance. The nearby street car stop is convenient for transportation throughout the city. The main line will take you back in time as you roll uptown along St. Charles Ave.
A walk through the French Quarter will get the juices flowing as you encounter some of the best
restaurants and jazz musicians this country has to offer.

Room Tip: The higher level rooms offer less street noise, however all levels a good.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Benny C
JOliver-GM, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, New Orleans, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
Dear Benny C,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding a recent stay at
The Ritz-Carlton, New Orleans. I was very pleased to learn that you and a memorable stay and received excellent service. Our Ladies and Gentlemen strive to provide the finest personal service for our guests. I also agree that our hotel is in a location in which you are able to enjoy all the city has to offer.
We look forward to welcoming you back.
Best regards,
Jim Oliver

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (525)
Georgia
Reviewed February 7, 2014

I recently stayed at the Ritz Carlton for the first time on a business trip for 5 days. While the hotel was nice and the customer service was great, for some reason I was expecting MORE... I guess the "brand" really does sell. Yes, I have stayed at 4-4.5 star properties before, however I was expecting more. I definitely look forward to having the "Ritz" experience at another location.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
White Mountains
Reviewed February 2, 2014

Just back from a wonderful 3 day visit with my daughter in New Orleans. I am pleased to say that we loved the Ritz Carlton Hotel. We were there during a period of bad weather and many attractions were closed so we spent more time at the hotel then otherwise. Everyone on the staff was so helpful and friendly we hated to leave. The hotel is well located at the edge of the French Quarter. If you are there at lunch time have the Po Boy Sandwich. The Davenport Lounge is a great place to relax and enjoy a drink after sightseeing. My only recommendation to the Hotel is to have in room coffee makers. I was glad to see that the internet was free.

Room Tip: The 11th floor has great view. Not so good on the 6th.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Steve A
Charlotte
Reviewed February 2, 2014

Beautiful hotel in the perfect location, on Canal Street and a 2 minute walk from Bourbon Street. The staff is so well trained and they do their utmost to accommodate us guests. Our very nice large room was one of the quietest rooms we have ever stayed in, no hallway noise or anything. The local jazz musician Jeremy Davenport was performing with his band in the so well appointed bar area on Saturday night and that was a real treat. When we arrived it seemed packed but somehow the staff found us a table, added a chair, immediately served us water and a large bowl of warm potato chips and a nice bowl of nuts; this is good training! Breakfast was excellent as well! Didn't bring umbrellas but of course the RC had umbrellas for us to use! Perfect stay!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ConnoisseurCharlotte
Silver Spring, Maryland
Reviewed January 31, 2014

I travelled to New Orleans for a business trip this past month. I have been to New Orleans several times prior ( for both business and leisure) , but never stayed at the Ritz Carlton. It is located downtown about 25 minutes from the airport, close to there French Quarter, the Convention center and the Warehouse district.

I arrived mid-afternoon. The lobby and check in desk is located two floors above the entrance level. There was a bit of a line when I arrived, but I was in my room within 20 minutes. The room was nicely decorated and had vert comfortable furnishings. I was given a handicap accessible room ( which was communicated to me at check in ), but I am always about why they give those rooms away. What happens when a handicap person arrives afterwards and the room is gone???

I used the business center, but not the gym. The weather was cold, so I could not enjoy their courtyard, but it did look inviting for a warmer day. The lounge is very nice and they had live music in the evenings. Cocktails are pricey, though. I ordered room service breakfast and a lunch over my three days there and the food and service war excellent.

The second day was a little nicer and sunnier and I was able to walk to the French Quarter, so the hotel's location is great for anyone who likes to explore neighborhoods and wander around as well as take in the touristy sites.

I would certainly recommend staying at the Ritz Carlton and look forward to an opportunity to return for full vacation time.

Room Tip: a higher floor room facing Canal street is a nice city view
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Farmerica
Mississippi Gulf Coast, Mississippi
Reviewed January 25, 2014

We stayed one Saturday night here and there just so happened to be a wedding going on. The elevators were back logged and when we asked the staff where the stairs were the first person said he didn't know and the second rudely said we weren't "allowed" to use the stairs. After having to sell an organ to pay the nightly rate, I was not happy with being told I couldn't take the stairs.
On the other hand, the bartender was great, the bed was comfortable, and I liked their line of purple water spa products.
However, we won't be back. There are other hotels with better customer service in the area.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank tosha25
Guntown
Reviewed January 25, 2014

if there is a hotel that has better service than here, I haven't ever found it...can't turn around without someone asking if they can help..not cheap, but that's what comes with this type of service...rooms very nice, beds very comfortable..unusual elevator arrangement in that you come in on first floor, but have to go to third floor for registration and access to room elevators..have to have room key to access these elevators which is a good security feature...right on Canal St. very close to French Quarter..

Room Tip: some rooms don't have very good views but can't be helped for location
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business