“Impeccable!”

Ranked #22 of 163 Hotels in New Orleans
Toronto, Canada
“Impeccable!”
Reviewed October 10, 2013 via mobile

We spent three nights at the hotel and were awed by the service. Upon arrival we decided to upgrade to the club floor for an additional fee. The facilities includes three lounge rooms which provided a wonderful buffet breakfast, lunch, beverages all day and an evening offering of buffet food which could serve as a light dinner. The staff made a point of learning our names upon arrival and provided extremely friendly, courteous and attentive service. After two days of their observing my dads drinking habits, he was awed when before he finished his statement to us that he thought he would have another scotch, he was served one.

The rooms are lovely, the location ideal, and the concierge service extremely helpful. A wonderful experience!

• Stayed September 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (534)
Reviewed October 9, 2013

I planned a Bachelor Party for my best bro here and could not have been happier. Whenever we get together with friends, we still talk about how epic the trip was -- mainly on account of our stay at the Ritz. The Ritz NOLA is central to everything -- Bourbon Street, Harrah's, great eats and the French Quarter in general. The rooms were beautiful, and we spent the extra dough to add the "Club Level" to our stay. The "Club Level" really made the trip -- the food was copious and delicious, the drinks were complimentary and free-flowing, and the service was insanely great. We asked one of the concierges if we could have some extra bananas, and found a basket of them sent to our rooms later that night. I've never had service like this -- anywhere -- and I've stayed at Ritz-Carltons in New York, Ireland, and Vegas.

Five guys on a bachelor party is probably not the key demographic for the Ritz-Carlton (even though we are all young professionals). We definitely looked a little out of place, and while some places might act snooty, the staff here went out of their way to make our stay amazingly enjoyable -- especially Pim. Because we had such a good time, we're going to plan an annual couples trip here with all our wives.

Thank you Ritz-Carlton, for helping us send or buddy into married life and for giving us an experience none of us will ever forget.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Rob T
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed October 7, 2013

I stay at Ritz Carlton properties all over the US and I must say the team at this hotel really set the bar high. Normally a business traveler, I stayed at this Ritz with my family (3 year old and 8 month old). When I made my reservation, I requested a crib and they asked me about my kids: age and name. I didn't think much of it at the time, but when we arrived, in our room waiting for my son was a book called "Goodnight NOLA" with some rubber duckies (that had mardi gras beads on it). Also, for my infant daughter, then had a NOLA bath book along with a few handwritten notes. No good deed goes unpunished: they didn't realize that I was also booked a room for my sister and her daughter, who didn't get a book. I just casually mentioned it to Pierre when we returned one night from dinner and within 10 minutes, he had a few gifts for her as well. I really was impressed with their service, whether it was our guy PIerre (who my son really loved) or Lindy or Thomas who checked us in or Simon the valet who left us a handwritten note in our car when we left for the airport early in the morning. I guess my point is, if their goal was to get me to remember them and their service, they succeeded with flying colors.

When you're traveling on vacation, you want things to be easy and you want the hotel to help make your trip special. The gang at the Ritz NOLA did exactly that. As far the amenities: the bed was heavenly, so much so that both my kids slept in it. The crib looked like it had never even been used, incredibly clean. We missed the complementary beer tasting, but my wife and sister enjoyed their time at the spa.

I guess the only negative things I could say are the double elevators aren't great, I did try to check in early but the lady on the phone had a bit of an attitude. But as you can see, the rest of the team did such a great job I couldn't have been happier with this place.

I hope some of the other Ritz Carlton properties take notice...

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank shiatsu11
Texas
Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

Excellent room, excellent service, excellent location. The only 2 negatives are the 2 elevator thing gets annoying. I don't know who the genious was that design that. And for such a high end hotel the bathrooms are really plain and small but it's a very old building and you have to work with what you have.

• Stayed October 2013
New Hyde Park, New York
Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

This is my first stay at a Ritz Carlton, and I was pleasantly surprised at the accommodations. I usually stay at Four Seasons, but this was part of American Express's Fine Hotels and Resorts. The hotel is wonderfully taken care of and the room was very spacious. I had a city view room with twin king beds. The room was larger then I would have expected. The service was excellent in the dining room for both breakfast and dinner. The hotel lobby is on the third floor which is a quick elevator ride. Then to get to your room your required to use your room key otherwise the elevator will not move. This is a great function since canal street has some rather shady folks lurking around. The location is excellent since Bourbon Street is only a block away, and the shopping, art, and French Quarter are all right there. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a nice hotel in New Orleans. The only negative about the hotel is the $44.00 parking fee daily. I think that is on the rather high end for a parking fee.

virginia
Reviewed September 30, 2013 via mobile

Stayed one night at the Ritz in New Orleans while on business. Great location in the middle of the Canal Street action and at the edge of the French Quarter.

Rooms were very nice, but not over the top. Service was outstanding and the staff made you feel like you were at home.

Only complaint I have was at the high cost of the valet parking, which was the only option, $44 for one night.

Great place for business or a romantic weekend.

Houston, Texas
Reviewed September 25, 2013

This hotel is super special! We stayed here just one night, and we did not want to leave. I am not the world's biggest New Orleans fan - for me, a little goes a long way. But staying here gave me some peace and quiet, class and tranquility just blocks from the craziness of New Orleans. Our room was INCREDIBLY beautiful. We were told that we were the first guests to stay in our room since it had been remodeled. It was so tasteful and comfortable. Oh my, oh my, oh my, we want to go back (and we are already trying to figure out when we can make that happen).
PHENOMENAL!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Club floor is so lovely as is the entire hotel.