“Best Place in Town”

The Ritz-Carlton, New Orleans
Ranked #22 of 166 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed August 2, 2013

Beautiful rooms. The Ritz-Carlton, New Orleans has a lot of great spaces to just relax or get some work done like the Library or the Courtyard. Walking distance to shopping, sightseeing, restaurants and bars. Great gym with cardio and workout room.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Write a ReviewReviews (3,121)

Reviewed July 30, 2013

We had a room that looked over Canal Street so the noise never bothered us. The service was impeccable at every level; everyone was unfailingly polite. The parking valets suggested good restaurants and the breakfast servers called my room when I left my pillbox at the table. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Great check in experience and good service. The room was comfortable but the best part was the view of the Mississippi. Many of the courtyard rooms look out on the river and it is conveniently located to everything. This hotel aims to please and it shows.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

I chose to stay at the Ritz on my trip to New Orleans with my fiancé because of its proximity to Bourbon Street. It was about two blocks over, making it easy to walk everywhere we wanted to go. The hotel itself was gorgeous, the staff was courteous and the rooms were very nice and super clean. I loved how they had the open air courtyard as well. I would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CeabeeL
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Staying at a Ritz is always a pleasure. The Canal Street, New Orleans location is no exception. Impeccable staff, they always greet you by name on check-in, free ice-cold water after a run (really nice in hot, humid NOLA). The rooms are nice & big. Really nice, period styled bathroom. However, the place could use a freshen-up. The carpet in the hallways was worn: overall seemed just a little dingy. Great location on Canal, just steps from Bourbon Street & the French Quarter. The Garden District cable car is also just steps away.

Reviewed July 27, 2013

Quick easy check in. Staff was amazing and very hospitable. They catered to our every need. We were craving fried oreos, and when the concierge could not find any for us he had the chef make them for us.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Stayed here for a business meeting and of course (as you expect from the Ritz) everyone treated me like I was a Royal. I was really impressed when I asked a desk clerk if he would "do me a favor", to which he responded, "I would LOVE to do you a favor!" What a great line, and I know I was being sold, but his delivery was belive able and I was impressed. Great job by all.