“NOLA bound”

The Ritz-Carlton, New Orleans
Ranked #20 of 167 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed March 20, 2013

This is second time at hotel. Overall, very nice experience. I cannot give highest rating as that is reserved for rarefied air. However, people extremely friendly as you expect at a Ritz. Location is great, within easy walking distance to sights etc. Room was nicely appointed, also as you'd expect. They did seem a little light on staff at check out which took way too long. The only thing that really bugged me was no coffee in room or complimentary in Lobby. There is a coffee bar where you have to pay. Both days I had to ask the attendant to fill the cup to top. I don't know about you, but I'm getting sick and tired of paying for a full cup and only receiving 3/4's. Seems to happen all the time at Starbucks. Reminds me of earlier days in England when populace
revolted over same with pours of a pint of beer. At any rate guy's, if you're looking for a profit center with morning coffee, at least train your staff to give a proper pour:)

Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank TommyLongboat
Write a ReviewReviews (3,227)

Reviewed March 20, 2013

Full disclosure, I stayed here over Mardi Gras weekend so did not actually spend much time in the hotel. That being said, I did get a general impression of the hotel and that is that it is perfectly fine. The room, although not big, is nice. The bathroom was also serviceable, although I recall something being confusing (I forget what, which probably has to do with it being Mardi Gas weekend...). The staff was friendly (we got a sweet Mardi Gras goody-bag, which was a nice touch), the breakfast was good although the room did feel kind of like a basement, the drinks on the terrace were nice. And of course, location is excellent!

All in all the Ritz Carlton New Orleans would have gotten 4 stars were it not for my policy of marking down one star it a hotel of this price-class does not offer free internet.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

Stayed in suite at Maison Orleans. Very nice but too many issues for $1,700/night. Couldn't order movies from their system. Cable in the room had limited channels. Club room was very nice. Room was comfortable but had too much furniture.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank ALGulfCoastJunkie
Reviewed March 15, 2013

There are many nice things to say about this hotel. The staff is unfailingly polite and solicitous. The rooms are comfortable and elegantly furnished. The location can't be beat. The fitness center is well equipped. The courtyard is lovely. But we felt that this Ritz is not quite up to the standards set by other Ritz-Carltons. The hotel occupies a converted department store, and the layout is rather bizarre. Check-in is on the third level, so you have to take one elevator to get there, and then a second elevator to get to your room. At least one of the elevators malfunctioned repeatedly during our stay, resulting in some lengthy wait times. There is no map of the hotel in your room, so finding the conference rooms can be an interesting exercise. A plumbing problem in our room required three calls to get fixed. Food at the breakfast buffets was just adequate. The hotel has only one perpetually overcrowded bar. We left pleased with our stay, but vaguely disappointed.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I was expecting the same level of service I have recieved at other Ritz Carltons and this NOLA Ritz was disappointing. Arrived from the airport and was not offered any help with our luggage. We draggged our bags to check in and waited 25 minutes to register. The room was large and comfortable.
We were here to attend a wedding that was being held in the hotel. They had a team of waiters for the sit down dinner reception. Unfortunatley everyone's dinner at our table was cold!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank kramer01
Reviewed March 14, 2013

This is my motel location of choice any time I travel to NOLA.....great location on Canal Street...friendly staff....beautiful court yard for dining.....Great Ritz property!! Close to all of the great NOLA restaraunts, Casino and Super Dome...not to mention Bourbon Street..

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed March 13, 2013

I had previously stayed at this property in December 2011 with my husband. My girlfriend (with 2 toddlers) needed a break from cold weather and I knew the right place to meet her! The Ritz Carlton did not disappoint. She had never been to NOLA so I knew that the hotel was the perfect kickoff to our girls weekend! We checked in on Friday morning and even though it was very busy, MJ at the front desk did an amazing job and was not only helpful but thoughtful. We never felt rushed, even though there was an insane line behind us.

After wandering around the city each day, we came back to the hotel for dinner and drinks each night and were blown away by the service and the food....and the drinks!!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a higher floor, the views of the city are amazing! Try the spa, just sitting in t...