Historic Streetcar Inn
$179
$153
Preferred Hotels
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn New Orleans - Chateau Lemoyne(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$178
$126
HolidayInn.com
  • Pool
Crowne Plaza Hotel Astor-New Orleans(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$133
$249
$189
Marriott Hotels
  • Restaurant
Best Western Plus St. Christopher Hotel(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$111
$99
BestWestern.com
  • Breakfast included
Omni Riverfront Hotel(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$144
$118
$303
$259
  • Pool
Omni Royal Orleans(New Orleans)
$203
$179
$138
$102
  • Pool
All reviewsvoodoo bbqgarden districtslice pizzahistoric street carcontinental breakfastfrench quartercharles avenuetrolley lineday passfront porchsmall hotelmardi grashome away from homecharming hotelsouthern hospitalityfew blocksbourbon street
Reviewed October 1, 2013

As a part of our road trip New Orleans was one of our favourite destinations. Obviously we had to stay somewhere in the centre of the City. The Historic Streetcar Inn offers this for a very good and affordable price. The locations is in walking distance of Lafayette Square or you can hop on the Streetcars that stop directly in front of the Inn.

The staff was also very nice and help full. They gave us some good advice on what to do in the city and where to go.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
AvenueGM1509, General Manager at Historic Streetcar Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! We hope you will come back and visit us soon! Do not hesitate to contact me directly at gm@historicstreetcarinn.com or 504-521-8000 if you might reconsider staying with us again in the future so I can ensure you a more comfortable stay.

Reviewed September 18, 2013

This was an older facility but still had so much charm...from chandeliers in the hallways to real keys to unlock your room door! When I checked in, hotel staff personally accompanied me to my room. There was no 'closet' to put my things in...there was a cute little cove with a pull curtain that was quite charming! I loved everything about it. There were a couple of different areas to enjoy the continental breakfast. I felt like my stay was at a cozy bed & breakfast!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank MandyL2013

Thank you for staying with us on your recent visit to New Orleans. It is great you took the time to let us know we made your stay so memorable. We strive to ensure our guests receive a great experience and its a pleasure when we can achieve that goal.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

I was very pleased with my three night stay at the Historic Streetcar Inn. The price was very reasonable. The room was spacious and was equipped with a fridge and microwave. A light breakfast was provided and parking on the side streets was easy. The streetcars stop right in front of the hotel. My only complaint was the air conditioning unit in the room was loud. This didn't come as a surprise, most window units are not quiet. The staff was helpful and polite. This hotel is a 10-15 minute streetcar ride to the French Quarter. It was perfect for me and my husband. Plenty of restaurants within walking distance. There's even a Walgreen's three blocks down the street if you leave anything behind. Check out Slice Pizzeria next door. And be sure to get a map of the streetcar routes, it will save you from walking around in circles.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Alexis S

Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

I was in desperate need of finding another hotel since the hotel my daughter, 18 month old grandson and I booked and checked into turned out to be filthy and my grandson received numerous bug bites and dirty knees and feet from crawling on the carpet. We checked out soon after checking in with no place to go since we were from out of town and my grandson was having surgery the next day at Children's Hospital. My husband found the Historic Streetcar Inn on line while frantically searching for us another hotel. I called the historic streetcar inn and had the most amazing person help me. Ms Glenda not only stayed on the phone with
Me and guided me to the hotel with street by street directions, she also gave me the children's hospital rate which helped tremendously since I was unable to get a refund at time of check out of the 1st hotel and is being disputed with my credit card company. Upon arriving to the historic streetcar inn Ms Glenda helped calm my then fragile nerves and showed me to our room which was very spacious with 2 beds that were very comfortable to sleep on. Due to us having to leave early the next morning for my grandsons surgery, and before the continental breakfast was to be served Ms Glenda was thoughtful and gave me and daughter blueberry muffins to eat for breakfast the next day. The only regret I have is having to leave early the next morning and not being able to enjoy this hotel more or the nearby shops and restaurants. I will definitely return for an extended stay at this beautiful historic hotel for a nice
getaway trip.

Historic Streetcar Inn!!!!

Billie Anglin

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank CJN_TRAVELER
AGHgm, General Manager at Historic Streetcar Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2013

Thank you for staying with us on your recent visit to New Orleans. It is great to hear that you had a great stay with us! I always love to hear that a staff member made a stay memorable. Although I am sorry for your treatment at the hands of the other hotel, it is not representative of New Orleans, more it is just an isolated problem. I welcome you back if you have need, especially in regards to a hospital based stay, as we attempt to accommodate anyone who has such an important need.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

Well when we arrived, we had to ring the doorbell, which made me feel safe because it didn't look like a very safe part of town (then again neither did the rest of nola). We checked in and the lady at the desk was very very informative. She told us about the history of New Orleans, the history of the hotel, some cool places to visit, and she answered all our questions. Our room wasn't cleaned so the lady at the desk set us up on the top room (room 30) which was the only one on that floor, which I thought was pretty cool. The room was a little dark but she was kind enough to hook us up with 3 beds (for 3 people) instead of the 2 queen beds we originally reserved. After some insight from the lady at the desk, we found our way around town, and let ourselves into the hotel that night with the key they provided. The beds were comfortable and the room was clean. In the morning, we had breakfast on their patio. It was definitely a good experience. Next time I'm in NOLA, I know where I'm staying.

Room Tip: I think room 26 had a balcony. Room 30, which was right above 26, is on a floor of it's own.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends

We welcome your comments and I am glad to hear our staff served you well. The neighborhood we are in is indicative of the more common New Orleans style. It does have a dated look, but that is more ot a theme in New Orleans than anything else. Do not hesitate to contact me directly at gm@avenuegardenhotel.com or 504-521-8000 if you might reconsider staying with us again in the future so I can ensure you a more comfortable stay.