HH Whitney House on the Historic Esplanade
Preferred Hotels
$333
$229
  • Restaurant
Omni Riverfront Hotel(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$296
$208
  • Restaurant
Best Western Plus St. Christopher Hotel(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$229
  • Breakfast included
$299
  • Pool
Holiday Inn New Orleans - Chateau Lemoyne(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$257
$247
HolidayInn.com
  • Pool
Courtyard New Orleans French Quarter/Iberville(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$381
$369
  • Bar/Lounge
Omni Royal Orleans(New Orleans)
$259
Omni Hotels
  • Pool
Drury Inn & Suites New Orleans(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$240
  • Breakfast included
All reviewssolarium suitegrooms roomplace to stayother guestsfrench quarterpool and hot tubcity parkold world elegancewonderful hospitalityold mansiongreat poolcharbroiled oystersbreakfast was amazinghot breakfastfew minutes walkwonderful staybeautiful room
Reviewed July 4, 2012

First of all, I cannot explain how thrilled I was with my stay at HH Whitney House! The personal touches and care you guys put into your B&B is obvious! For example: Randy called me a few days prior to my visit and we talked about my traveling alone. On my way down, I received a phone call from him checking to make sure I was doing okay! Talk about service! When I arrived, Randy was ready to talk about Plantations (because that's what I was planning to do), and had so many suggestions. I pretty much followed all of his suggestions after the first one was so right! Drago's for the Charbroiled Oysters, Mandina's for the Turtle Soup (thanks Randi Amelia!) and French Market Restaurant for Crawfish Etouffee! You knew what you were talking about! And the breakfasts were positively divine! Thank you all for making me feel like a long lost friend and welcoming me into your home.

One thing I want to address...I read one of these reviews that was talking about how horrible the location was. It was very evident to me that this area is still in a rebuilding phase, however I felt completely safe and the locals were friendly! I'm sure if you don't exercise common sense that you might not be safe, but I was a single female traveling in New Orleans...from a small town in Arkansas. I'm certain if something bad was going to happen, that I would have been a prime target.

I will definitely be back & will share this gem with my friends. Repeat customers is the best compliment you can receive and I was thrilled to be staying with you along side not one, but two repeat guests! Keep up the fabulous work! Thanks for making my stay in New Orleans so much fun!

Room Tip: The bed in the Bride's Room is awesome! Even if your bathroom is down the hall, it's a GREAT choice!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Jennifer E
Reviewed May 26, 2012

A MUST DO!!! What an amazing home! It is absolutely beautiful. Definitely feels like walking in to the old South. Glen & Randy are amazing hosts full of tales, recommendations & hospitality. Very welcoming atmosphere. We felt right at home with their family. The pool & hottub are a definite bonus...great way to end a long day, I felt like we were saying goodbye to friends when we left.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Scarlett O'Hara room. Was just like the picutres on the website.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Peggy G
Reviewed May 6, 2012

What a find! We recently stayed at the HH Whitney B&B for Jazz Festival and the location could not be more perfect. It is literally half-way between the festival grounds & the French Quarter (about 15 mins walk to each). The hot breakfast served each morning is unbelievable- including the best French toast I've ever had! There's also free bottled water, soft drinks & snacks throughout the day. The rooms are great- spacious & clean. Only minor problem was that the walls were a little thin so we could hear the snorer next door- but so minor! The pool area is also a great place to relax. Would definitely recommend this B&B.

• Stayed: May 2012
Reviewed April 4, 2012

My boyfriend and I decided to take a get away trip to New Orleans. It was our first time to go and also our first time ever staying in a bed and breakfast. Let me tell you, after staying at the HH Whitney House...I sincerely hope that other bed & breakfasts that we stay at in the future will be just as hospitable and elegant as this one was! The house is quaint and well preserved and kept. The history of the house is up on the walls for all to see..very interesting. It was fun talking to some of the other guests and meeting them. Everyone was so nice. As a female, I was a bit skeptical of New Orleans just because in previous years I have heard so much about violence and crime. I was nervous about going and walking around places...but we had no problems whatsoever..nor did we even feel uncomfortable in the slightest. We walked around during the day, and took a cab back at night to the house. It worked out well!

And the food..oh jeez. The breakfast..was AMAZING (to say the least). Saturday night, my boyfriend and I came back to the house a little earlier after a long day, and we saw Glen in the kitchen. Curious, we walked in there to say hello & saw him making breakfast for the next day. He was making pecan praline french toast casserole. How many places will you ever stay at where you will see the inn keeper preparing something for the guests..a day in advance? Seriously..I was impressed. And that next morning when we ate that casserole for breakfast, I was in Heaven. I should also note, that on the last day we were there, which was a Sunday, the Rock n Roll half marathon was taking place. Glen was nice enough to bring chairs and tables outside for us and we all had breakfast outdoors in front of the house so we could watch and greet all the runners. We also had a speaker and music playing. It was so nice! If I ever go back to New Orleans...I know where I am staying! HH Whitney House!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kyndra S
Reviewed March 21, 2012

An ideal location for a reunion! Six of us gathered from different locations to celebrate birthdays, friendship, recovery, gratitude and grace! Glen, Randy, Maria, and RA welcomed us into their home and hearts. They extended themselves in every way and we are grateful for the attention, the love they extended,and all the wonderful food we enjoyed. Thank you!!!!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends