“We had a blast!”

Ranked #52 of 137 New Orleans B&B and Inns
baltimore
“We had a blast!”
Reviewed March 21, 2012

An ideal location for a reunion! Six of us gathered from different locations to celebrate birthdays, friendship, recovery, gratitude and grace! Glen, Randy, Maria, and RA welcomed us into their home and hearts. They extended themselves in every way and we are grateful for the attention, the love they extended,and all the wonderful food we enjoyed. Thank you!!!!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed February 29, 2012

I would recommend this place to friends (and did) for a relaxed stay just outside the French Quarter, and a short walk to Frenchman Street music venues. HH Whitney is in a quiet residential neighborhood on Esplanade that's close enough to walk to the French Quarter but away from the late-night noise that can be part of French Quarter hotel experiences.

I really enjoyed my stay there - I had the Groom's Room, which would be comfortable for 1 or 2 people. The Groom's Room shared a bathroom and shower (in separate rooms down the hall) with the Bride's Room but in early February, I had use of facilities to myself the first two nights. The B & B is elegantly furnished without being fussy, with a sitting room that had comfortable seating for reading or relaxing downstairs, a dining room, and kitchen where the owners had snacks and a refrigerator stocked with soft drinks for guests. Stairs lead to guest rooms upstairs and I was able to use the free wi-fi to research my activities, and get driving directions. I met some nice guests from across the U.S. also staying there and discussed different New Orleans activities with them since it was my 8th NOLA trip. Glen was a most gracious host and was very helpful to first-time visitors, telling them about museums and attractions, restaurants, shopping, giving directions and advice about avoiding sketchy neighborhoods.

I had rented a car to do plantation tours one day and swamp tour the next so I was usually the first guest out the door in the morning as I wanted to get an early start each day as it was a bit of a drive out of New Orleans to each activity. Maria, who cooks breakfast and does housekeeping, accommodated me with breakfast each day; in fact, the day of the swamp tour, it was a little longer drive and I was only going to have cereal and a little coffee and Maria made me a breakfast ham and cheese croissant to go that morning.

In fact, some friends who live in Kenner came by to pick me up for dinner one night, saw the accommodations inside, and met Glen, then said that they were sufficiently impressed and would tell out-of-town visitors that HH Whitney would be a good place to stay.

Room Tip: All guest rooms are upstairs, some with their own bathrooms; Bride's Room and Groom's Room s...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Kaufu
Madison, WI
Reviewed February 28, 2012

We were met promptly by Randy & Glen and the first thing I noticed was the pictures did not do it justice. I'm used to alway's being underwehlmed but was very pleasantly surprised. Glen gave us great advise for local restaurants and bars and we enjoyed the walk down Esplanade looking at the old homes and mansions- very eclactic with some pristine and other's having seen better days which is very typical of New Orleans. A reasonable walk from to the French Quarter and though Glen suggested taking a cab home in the evening we did walk home several times at night because Esplanade is so well traveled. The breakfasts were great and we loved the hot tub in the seclude back of the B&B. Also, take time to walk down the opposite way of Esplanade to the city park along with the art museum and out door sculpure park... beautiful on a sunny day. Though we don't know when we will be back my wife Pamela and I are sure to check for vacancy at HH Whitney!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Austin, Texas
Reviewed February 27, 2012

I can't say enough good things about HH Whitney. This past weekend was mine and hubby's 2nd stay at this gorgeous, amazing home but this time, with our 18 year old son in tow, on a college visit. First off, the house is seriously gorgeous and completely IMMACULATE. No detail has been spared. There is a pool, a hot tub, snacks, drinks, and kick-butt breakfast. Glen is a SUPER host and is an EXCELLENT source of information on all the really cool stuff to do in NOLA- the best tours, restaurants, etc. My husband is *not* a good traveller and is normally very uncomfortable in hotels, but at HH he feels right at home. Though the house is not on the Quarter, it is a short walk or cab ride away and is very quiet, and safe. My son also commented how he just felt right at home there and loved the vibe. I am honestly so grateful for the hospitality we have been shown there and feel like I have a home in NOLA now. My son is considering Loyola for colleges and Glen immediately offered to be an emergency contact for him, which gives us much comfort. So wonderful. I can't wait to go back!!! Please do yourself a favor and book a room here immediately...just save a room for us! :-)

Room Tip: If you are a family, I'd recommend booking the Bride and Groom's room, as you will share a b...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Marlo M
Boston
Reviewed February 16, 2012

We booked for 2 nights with another couple (4 adults total)...so we had the Bride and Groom Rooms...The House was gorgeously decorated, clean & neat, and festive. Randy greated us immediately by making a round of delicious bloody mary's! He gave us great recommendations, provided us with maps that Glenn had pre-marked to help orient us, and set us up with dinner reservations. We spent our first night exploring the French Quarter/Bourbon St. and due to extensive traveling ended up back earlier than expected. The bed's were soooo comfy and an amazingly smelling breakfast brought us downstairs. These breakfasts were gourmet.

The second day we explored more and ended up on Frenchman St. for a much better night with so many great bars and live free music.

On day of checkout one of our bright men realized he hadn't packed a swimsuit! Instead of getting in a cab, Randy insisted on taking the 2 guys himself to the store, helped him find the cheapest swimsuit and brought the guys for liquor and mixers we could sneak on our cruise!

We had a great time...I highly recommend this B&B and all the hard work and effort Glenn & Randy put into it.

ps. they have a great pool and hot tub outside too!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 12, 2012

We booked a last minute four day New orleans get away. I couldn't decide bed N breakfast (since we have never been to one) or hotel. Well, we chose bed n breakfast it was the best experience! We got sooo much done in 4 days because we had a personal assistant at the HH whitney bed n breakfast. Glenn was superb! Every reservation he made for us...every place he sent us...was unbelievable. When we couldnt get a cab....he drove us. The house was neat and clean. Many beautiful features. We will definately go back for a visit. To all at the HH Whitney house thank you for the experience :)

• Stayed February 2012
Brandon MS
Reviewed January 31, 2012

My wife and I spent our anniversary weekend at the Whitney House. Randy and Glenn made us feel very much "at home". Breakfasts were wonderful, including the home made hot sauce, and the kitchen was open any time for a variety of drinks. Our room was perfect for relaxing, and it was quiet at night. The shower was large and had two rainfall shower heads, providing a very relaxing experience at the end of a day of sight seeing. The HH Whitney house is just a few easy blocks from the Quarter. Randy and Glenn's recommendations for dining were spot on. My wife and I can't wait to visit again!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple