“Excellent time in NOLA! This place really is great!”

The New Orleans Jazz Quarters
Ranked #20 of 142 New Orleans B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 20, 2013

We recently stayed for 4 nights at the Jazz Quarters. Vincent and Lola were fantastics hosts and really made us feel welcome. Vincent met us the moment we walked in, offered us some wine and sat down with us to offer some suggestions about what to see and where to eat. He also gave us great tips to make sure that we stayed safe during our stay. You won't get that type of attention at a large hotel.
We stayed in the Kermit. It had plenty of room for the two of us, was clean and nicely decorated. We had friends that also stayed at the Jazz Quarters. They stayed in Fountain, which happened to share an outdoor common area with our cottage. We spent some time there each day relaxing and enjoying an adult beverage or two. If you plan to travel with another couple, I would suggest trying to rent these two cottages.
The breakfast each morning was very good. We enjoyed chatting with Vincent and Lola along with the other guests. We had a great time and when we go back to NOLA, we will definitely stay here.

Room Tip: All of the cottages looked cool. We stayed in the Kermit and really liked that one.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Jeff R
VincentLola, Manager at The New Orleans Jazz Quarters, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2013

Hi J and S,

Many thanks for the nice review..
When Indianapolis becomes to chilly, just fly down and warm up a bit in sunny New Orleans.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for several day in February and it was excellent. Vincent and Lola are great hosts! They know the area and will answer any questions you have. They have great suggestions for activities and provide maps and advice. The rooms are large and well appointed, the beds very comfy and we felt like we were at home there. The breakfast is outstanding and makes for a perfect start to the day. Whenever we visit New Orleans, this is the only place that we stay.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
6  Thank Benebarak
VincentLola, Manager at The New Orleans Jazz Quarters, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2013

Thank you, BeneBarak, for staying with us and for taking the time to write about our B&B on Tripadvisor.

Please come visit us again.

Reviewed March 16, 2013

I stayed here mid-March. First I admit was almost skeptical about all the praise given by reviewers. - as well as the spaciousness and beauty portrayed in pictures. I am happy to report these are not exaggerations.

Room Quality - excellent. I stayed in Connick with two bedrooms. Spacious, charming furnishings, very clean. Also there were special carafes of filtered water in the refridgerator, which was wonderful -- as well as plenty of space for refridgerating other items. cottage was set back from other buildings, and felt wonderfully private.

Location/Grounds - very charming, unique. On edge of French Quarter other side of Rampart St. Entrance was discreet, with separate pedesterian gate, which added to security (didn't announce "hi we're tourists"). If I was woman travelling alone, I might be more cautious at night and take cabs back late hours.

Innkeepers/Bkfst - Victor and Lola were extremely gracious. When I first checked in, Victor sat down individually with me, gave map and good suggestions. Breakfasts both mornings were excellent, and accommodated for vegetarian diet. Also they were very kind to offer late checkout, since room wasn't booked later that day.

Very happy to have stayed here, my first time in NOLA, and thank you so much Lola, Victor, and your staff

Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
6  Thank AJ E

Dear AJE,

Many thanks for the kind words.
I am glad you enjoyed your short stay in New Orleans.
If you decide to return ( and If your schedule allows ) consider staying for a few more days.
NOLA has so much to offer, you can easily stay a week here and not be bored.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

We were off to a rough start with our flight reservations, but once we arrived all of our troubles went away... Vincent and Lola assisted us with getting a room upgrade to the Louis Armstrong Suite. They offered plenty of suggestions of where to go and what to eat. All of their suggestions were awesome! They really considered the personalities of their guests and tried to be as accomodating as possible. The breakfast each morning was awesome, yet they didn't "shove it down your throat" that you "must join" for breakfast like other b-n-b's. If we chose to venture out and get our own breakfast that was okay as well.
In regards to the location of the facility, we loved it! It was close enough to the French Quarter and other tourists spots but far enough away to enjoy the peace and quiet. We did walk to most of our points of interests, although a cab after dark is recommended regardless of what area of town we were in.
As I stated earlier, we were upgraded to the Louis Armstrong Suite and enjoyed everything about this room. I read previous patrons comments of the noise, but we honestly heard nothing. The room had a sound device that provided white noise to assist with the sleeping, and trust me it did! We cranked it up on the rain and heard nothing all night. The room was quite spacious with a sitting area followed by the bedroom and a small kitchenette then the bathroom.
If you have a chance to stay at the Jazz Quarters, definitely do; I highly recommend this place to anyone, even those that may be travelling as a family. We are looking forward to being able to come here again!

Room Tip: Armstrong Suite-- As I stated earlier, we were upgraded to the Louis Armstrong Suite and enjoyed eve...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
6  Thank rgm1982

Thanks, R and K, for giving us the thumbs-up on Tripadvisor.

We hope that if you are coming back to beautiful NOLA, you will decide to stay with Lola and me again.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

I traveled to New Orleans for a work conference and found very few options in my office's price range. The White room was in budget so I booked it several months in advance. I couldn't have asked for a better New Orleans experience. Vincent and Lola are exceptional innkeepers. Their restaurant map was always in my pocket and their dining advise led to many excellent dinners. The conference was at the convention center so each day I walked a different path to and from the waterfront trolley and had a chance to see most of the French Quarter in just a few days. On days when I needed to get a little work done, the internet access was strong and my cozy room was a great place to concentrate. I hope to someday bring my family back to the New Orleans Jazz Quarters.

Room Tip: I stayed in their smallest room, the White room, which was perfect for a single traveler.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank DebSholtes

Thanks, Deb, for the positive feedback.
I'll miss our excellent breakfast conversations.

Reviewed February 23, 2013

For our first visit to New Orleans, we certainly picked a gem for our accomodations! Jazz Quarters was just what we would expect from the website and other reviews. We stayed in the Kermit and were very satisfied, the bed was most comfortable and awesome. The service was beyond our expectations. Vincent and Lola provided their smiles, hospitatlity, and their very own concierge service for us readily. Their friendly attitude and willingness to answer any question we had about our visit and what we wanted to do was very much appreciated. They helped us with maps, recommendations for tours, and especially restaurants! They were right on with all of their advice! The maid service also went above and beyond and did a little laundry for me after I had a spill the night before on my jeans. We had a fantastic time and felt so comfortable to come "home" to our cottage. The location of this B and B is perfect. It is walking distance to Armstrong Park and the French Quarter. We did the Swamp Tour and rented bikes for an afternoon, along with getting to know the French Quarter during our 5 night stay. We would recommend Jazz Quarters to anyone visiting New Orleans!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Karen K
VincentLola, Manager at The New Orleans Jazz Quarters, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2013

Hi Karen,

Many thanks for the kind words.
If you decide to come down South to The Big Easy again, please make sure to look us up.

Reviewed February 21, 2013

We travel to NOLA regularly and have stayed everywhere from conference hotels to Ws to other B&Bs. We have never stayed at the same place twice in over 15 years (not necessarily anything wrong just so many places,l so little time) that said - we'll be back here. Let me start by saying we are not big B&B people - we have often avoided breakfast at B&Bs or one of us (me) gets sent down for coffee. We had a coffee pot with lots of good coffee in our room. Even so, we went to breakfast every day. The food was great - the breakfast cous cous is amazing and that is followed by excellent hot dishes each day - wow. We stayed in the Mayfield - and we worried that pictures were deceiving - but they aren't - our room was lovely and our sitting room was spacious. Vincent and Lola, the innkeepers, are personable, friendly and knowledgeable of the rich culture of New Orleans, even providing new info for "veterans" such as ourselves. They offer great recommendations - and we heard them speaking with a variety of travelers and adjusting their recommendations to their needs/experiences. Also, and this may seem minor, but if we used three packs of regular coffee we got three new packs of regular coffee when our room was done that day. Dirty glasses were replaced with clean ones, and the room was spotless (really I wouldn't mind using the same bar of soap 2 days in a row, but it is nice). The location is amazing , across from Louis Armstrong Park, near the French quarter AND the Marigny and Bywater, also quiet and secure. GO HERE! If you love NOLA or want to get to know NOLA (it's not all about Bourbon St) this is the place. See you soon! Pat & Kate

Room Tip: The pictures are accurate!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
11  Thank Pat B

Hi Pat,

Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review on Tripadvisor.
Lola and I really enjoyed your company,