“A wonderful Place”

Rose Manor Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #17 of 142 New Orleans B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 19, 2014

My husband, a friend and I were guests in this lovely place. Rose and Peter were very friendly. The place was clean and very comfortable . It was not near the French Quarter, but it was not a problem. The district was good and it had many good restaurants and it was easy to go to there. Everything was all right and we hope to return in the next French Quarter Jazz Festival! Denise, Eduardo and Ana Lúcia

Room Tip: All rooms are lovely furnished and quiet.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends

Reviewed April 7, 2014

Stayed for three nights while visiting our son who lives about three miles away. Fantastic alternative to the downtown and French Quarter lodging reviews. Located close to the Marina within walking distance to a number of good restaurants. For us the location was perfect.

Rooms were nice and clean and breakfast was pretty good too. Our room was located upstairs and was clean, had good wifi access, a seating area, and a refrigerator; it was nice sized. Bathroom on the small side, but adequate.

Ruby and Peter, the owners, were quite friendly and accommodating. Made you feel at home.

In closing, if you are ok with a B&B, then I think you will really enjoy Rose Manor. One note: our experience was that we had best results by calling directly. We never got a reply to several e-mails.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed February 4, 2014

What can I say about this place but it was so very clean and the rooms were ALL spacious and very well decorated. The history in the B&B is amazing from the antiques in the rooms to the pictures on the walls. Peter and Ruby were the greatest and made us feel right at home. They recommended places to eat and things to do in the area.
We were a family of 7 age ranging 1yr. to 87yrs. and it was comfortable to us all. My daughters ran in the Rock and Roll marathon and were able to wash there clothes after the race. Since it had been raining and everything was wet this was a really great thing. There are really good places to eat close by or you can drive into New Orleans in 5-10 minutes depending on the traffic. No charge for parking and we all felt like our cars were safe at night.
There were refrigerators in each room and microwaves in some. However none of this was necessary as Peter and Ruby really made you feel welcome in the kitchen to use the microwave or refrigerator anytime.
My family will definitely stay there again and give it a 5 star for cleanliness,nice staff and owners, safe place to be, close to almost everything you could possibly want or need.

Room Tip: We all stayed on the bottom floor and never heard a noise from the upstairs. I think any of the room...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed February 3, 2014

My wife and I, along with my brother and his wife, stayed at Rose Manor last weekend for the Rock n' Roll New Orleans 1/2 Marathon. Ruby and Pete were quick and happy to see to every need we had. From our warm welcome the night of our arrival to their gracious late-checkout accommodation (not to mention the delicious breakfast), we got royal treatment. It was our second time staying at Rose Manor and won't be our last. Our room (The Plantation Room upstairs) was spacious and comfortable with a king size bed, beautiful antique furniture, and in-room refrigerator. I had a bad experience during one of my three showers when the water wouldn't stay a consistent temperature or pressure, I chalked this up to the B&B being full and my shower being during and after that of a number of other guests. As none of my companions had similar experiences, and my other two showers went well, I didn't change my rating for this little plumbing snafu. The location by the Lake may look a bit off the beaten path on a map, and would likely be prohibitive if one were relying on taxis/buses/streetcars for the entire trip, but for anyone in their own vehicle the location is spot on. (The one taxi ride we took from Canal Street by the French Quarter to Rose Manor cost approximately $20 one way). It's easy to get to the interstate/downtown/Metairie from the B&B, and unlike parking downtown it's a) free; b) doesn't require waiting on a valet or getting a cab all the time; and c) when you DO drive, it's not always through the congested French Quarter or CBD
In sum, barring a ridiculous deal on a hotel downtown, this is where we will likely stay for our future trips to New Orleans (of which there are about 3-4 a year).

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
Management response:Responded February 16, 2014

Thank you for your wonderful detailed review.
Sorry about the faulty shower control which has now been changed and is working fine now.
Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed December 9, 2013

I traveled to NOLA with my Mother & 16yr old son for a High School sailing regatta held at Southern Yacht Club. Ruby & Peter were out of the country and their son Mark, daughter in law (and granddaughter Stella, what doll!) were there to welcome us into the Rose Manor home! Thats what it felt like, a home we returned to each night. The accommodations were lovely and the hosts couldn't have been more pleasant.

I also booked an additional two rooms for other parents of the sailing team. The Rose Manor is located just north of downtown and 10/15minutes from anywhere you want to go in New Orleans!

I travel all over the world almost 8 months a year for work. I stay in the finest hotel chains worldwide and would recommend the Rose Manor B&B to ANYONE traveling to New Orleans for business or pleasure!

It was more than just a place to sleep but a warm, clean & comfortable "Home Like" experience.

I can't wait to take my wife on my next trip to New Orleans and would not hesitate to making our reservations to stay again at Rose Manor B&B.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Management response:Responded February 16, 2014

Thank you SOOOO much for your great review . It is always nice to know that we did a good job and it was our pleasure to have you to stay with us.We look forward to serving you in the future.

Reviewed October 25, 2013

My husband & I traveled to NOLA for a wedding. Arrangements at Rose Manor were made for us by the bride & I must admit I was reluctant. I couldn't have been more wrong. The accommodations were lovely, with a large room, clean facilities and good food. Ruby & Peter were both very welcoming -- we enjoyed the experience from beginning to end. I would highly recommend it.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Management response:Responded October 27, 2013

Thank you very much for your nice review.We are glad that you enjoyed your stay at Rose Manor and New Orleans.Hope to see you again on your return to New Orleans.

Reviewed October 18, 2013

I recently spent a wonderful two weeks at the Rose Manor guesthouse. I was working at a nearby facility and am delighted that I chose Rose Manor to be my home while in New Orleans. It is a beautiful guesthouse with a very unique charm. Ruby and Peter could not be more welcoming and accommodating and did everything they could to make sure my stay more enjoyable. There is such a friendly atmosphere in the guesthouse and everyone else I met during my stay there certainly felt the same way. Many of the guests I met there have stayed at the guesthouse every time they visit New Orleans. I highly recommend it to anyone visiting the area.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Management response:Responded October 27, 2013

Thank you so much for your nice review.We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and New Orleans,We wish you all the best in your endeaver.