“Best Value in New Orleans” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Super 8 New Orleans

Super 8 New Orleans
Ranked #92 of 162 Hotels in New Orleans
Bellevue, Nebraska
“Best Value in New Orleans”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2014

My family and I stayed 3 nights at this Super 8 in New Orleans and found it to be one of the best values for the area. The front desk and the house keeping employees are extremely friendly and helpful and we could tell they wanted us to have the best experience possible. We had originally booked a double room for about $66 per night with our AAA discount, and then decided to call and upgrade to a room with a microwave and mini refrigerator for only $5.00 extra per night. Our room was clean and spacious and everything worked well including the television, lights, free wi-fi, in-room coffee maker, hair dryer and shower. The beds were comfortable and the A/C worked great. The house keeping attendant, Cathy Smith, was very nice and made sure our room was clean and that we had everything we needed. We were on the 2nd floor and there is an elevator, however, most of the time we used the stairs. The hotel is located close to the interstate for easy access to any area in New Orleans which was great for us as we did travel to several plantations for tours, and a swamp tour as well as the French Quarter which was about 15 min. away. The front desk attendant gave my husband directions to a secure parking garage which was close to the French Quarter and we were able to park, walk down Canal Street and get to the French Quarter easily. The parking fee only cost $5.00. There is a gas station very close to the hotel that has a small grocery section for basic items and we did stop there twice to buy a few things, including fresh bananas and bottled water which was handy. The parking lot is well lighted at night and located right on the main street in front of the hotel. We could see the parking lot from our room, and the front desk is open 24 hrs a day so we felt secure. The free breakfast was satisfying including make-your-own waffles, assorted breads/muffins/cinnamon rolls, yogurt, fresh apples, dry cereals, instant oatmeal, apple and orange juice and coffee. The breakfast room is larger than most and seating was never a problem. We did use their fitness room which had a treadmill, elyptical and weight machine. The treadmill wouldn't turn on at first, and the front desk employee was very helpful in getting it to work for us. There was a television in the fitness room also. We enjoyed our stay at this hotel and would stay there again because it was clean, comfortable, had great service and location, and was a good value for the price we paid.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Love-2-Travel3218

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
  • Slovak first
Atlanta, GA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I from Scotland via Atlanta to visit New Orleans and my daughter. Having grown up in the south, I expected the same level of kindness and manners that I use. We received that and more. Ms Cathy made sure our rooms were always clean, straight, and welcoming for us when we returned from a hot day of sight seeing. Tira greeted us a smile and always asked how our day went. She's knowledgeable about Nola and helped us when asked. All in all, a very nice stay.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank pondtraveler
Constantine, Michigan
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2014 via mobile

When we pulled in, my wife said she wasn't staying there!! Rating for this hotel are good but I found out my wife assumed the deltoid acted motel next door was the same hotel. It wasn't. It was damaged in Katrina and never fixed up. The Super 8 is narrow and long and very OLD feeling. Room was good but.... The security doors that had signs stating they were locked at 11pm weren't We got all the
way to our room without using our keys from the rear of the hotel. I went to the front desk and no one was there (security door was not locked there either). Waiting 5 min. No one showed up at the desk So I went to my room. Told manager about the locks in the am. Female Evening desk clerk was very nice and helpful!!!! I'd say it was priced a bit high for what we got.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Doug E
Lawrenceville, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2014

My room was enlightening..I enjoyed the convenience of the microwave, refrigerator,iron along with the board..
My housekeeper Ms Cathy Smith was very welcoming and kept the room extremely clean.She had a very good spirit..I will definitely visit this hotel again..and would love to have Ms. Cathy as the attendant..

• Stayed July 2014
      Cleanliness
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2014

We arrived at the hotel in the late evening and when Angela saw the difficulty I had walking she immediately got on her computer and changed our room to the front right above the office on the third floor. Our stay would not have been nearly as pleasant without Cathy S who took care of our room and even took the time to go from the laundry area to the front desk to get me some laundry detergent . Even the male clerk rushed to unlock the way so I didn't to go up a floor and down the hall then back down to the laundry room. Angela even suggested one of the best "diamond in the rough" restaurants Sassafras, who's bread pudding is to die for .

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank JohnElk092
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2014

My husband and I visited NO in mid July. We came to attend the Elks Convention that week. We couldn't have been more pleased with our double room, the cleanliness, and the very delightful housekeeper, who name is Cathy S. She was there for the duration of our stay, and was just super efficient, and was very timely in making up the room. She anticipated our needs and was friendly and willing to go the extra mile. Angela at the front desk was very friendly, always smiling and offering any assistance she could. When we checked in, she saw that my husband was using a walker, so she took the initiative to change our room location to the 3rd floor just above the desk, without being asked. We thought that very kind of her to do that for us.

Room Tip: We liked the 3rd fl up front, it had a large balcony!