“Don't let the location scare you”

Super 8 New Orleans
Ranked #96 of 163 Hotels in New Orleans
California
“Don't let the location scare you”
Reviewed November 23, 2013

Wasn't at all happy with the looks of the surrounding area but parking was secure. Easy on and off the highway. Rooms were clean, bed was comfortable and the staff was excellent. The price was right and it included breakfast. Public transportation was near by, although we opted to take a taxi into the city. I would return to this location.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
  • Slovak first
Terre Haute, Indiana
Reviewed November 23, 2013

The staff here was very courteous, friendly, and helpful. The rooms were very clean and well kept. The hotel itself was a bit dated but the staff seemed to take care of everything with fresh paint and general upkeep. Parking was not a problem. The hotel was about a 10-15 minute drive to the French Quarter if I-10 traffic was light. So, the big advantage to this hotel was its prices compared to anything close to the attractions of N.O. The only downside of this hotel's location was that there were no nice restaurants close by. At least a 10 minute car ride would be needed. Other than that, we would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Shannon
Reviewed November 18, 2013

I stayed here along with 20 Passion Parties consultants on a team retreat. We had 6 rooms including 2 of the balcony rooms. Great value for the money. The front desk staff is warm, friendly, and went out of her way to help me. I would stay here again!!! Beds were comfortable. Parking was secure at night.

Room Tip: Balcony rooms are the best!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Munster
Reviewed November 17, 2013

I will say that when I arrived at this Super 8 I was not too impressed, the area surrounding it was not one that I felt safe, or liked. But I decided to give it a try, it was late and one night would have to do. But from the moment we entered and met the night clerk, ( sorry I didn't get her name, I think it might have been Angela??) We were met with a smile and a warm feeling. She was very helpful and accommodating. From that point on it just got better,...so much so that we extended our stay. Everyone their ( the staff) was very helpful and seen to it that your stay was a pleasant one. I will be honest and also say that the area next door will turn people away at first glance and if I had not already made reservations, and just drove up to it, I would of not stayed there. They unfortunately can not help that the building next door is there, I only wish that for their sake it is torn down soon, I am sure this place is a major downfall for them. And also their are a lot of stray cats roaming around the property, from what I gather it's a results of Katrina, very sad. But once again my stay was pleasant and not what I expected from what I came upon at the time I arrived. Your Staff is to be highly praised for doing such an excellent job.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple