“Good stay, great value” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #92 of 162 Hotels in New Orleans
Ontario
“Good stay, great value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

The staff were friendly and helpful. Good location and close to downtown. It made our stay a good experience. We were able to park our bikes out front as to not worry about unwanted attention to then.

• Stayed February 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
  • Slovak first
San Marcos
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2013

Stayed here pre cruise. Greatest part is that you can stay and parking is free for cruise. Love that!!! Also, I felt comfortable with leaving my vehicle here security guard there the entire time.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Niceville
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2013

I like staying here. The experience has almost always been enjoyable. I would like for the fee for a room to return to that of previous years.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2013

Recently, stayed at the Super 8 before leaving on a cruise and several nights pre-cruise. Room was adequate, nothing fancy, but clean and fairly quiet. Breakfast was decent, no protein, but dining area was clean with plenty to eat if you like carbs. Coffee was good. Public bus was available right across the street, with the ability to transfer downtown with some effort. We took the bus several days so we did not have to park near Bourbon Street. The city needs to improve its bus service as there was long waits at times up to an hour later at night. The staff was very helpful with any request we made, even making arrangements for transfer to the ship. The cost was about $8 per person for the transfer I think, or $32 for the 4 of us. We did our own taxi back and it was $30 with no traffic, so you might to check on a preset shuttle back with the Motel. I would stay here again without hesitation.

Room Tip: top floor best
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013

Was in NOLA for a conference, and my room at my downtown hotel was overbooked, flight was delayed, and they filled my room when I got there at 2 am....I had no where to stay except for this Super 8...When I was told that I would be staying here I was feeling a bit sketchy about it....That is until I arrived at the hotel, and was greeted by Angela. She is amazing, friendly, and completely changed my nightmare. She made me feel comfortable, and was very helpful. The room itself (King Suite) was nice, for the cost. You could tell it was an older hotel, but it did the job, and I was happy with my experience. I am used to staying in 5 star hotels, and this could have been a lot worse, but looking back, I am very happy with my experience, and would suggest the old adage, "don't judge a book by it's cover."

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Alpharetta, Georgia
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 2,003 helpful votes
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2013

Mostly clean but worn out and shabby. People park their cars underneath the rooms so when people leave or park it can be heard in the rooms above. Noise level in the room was pretty high in general. People were coming and going at all hours and didn't work at being quiet. Some rooms are smokings so our room which was non-smoking still had an ashtray smell to it. It is not downtown -- about a 15 to 20 minute ride and then you need to find parking. The included "breakfast" was only juice, waffles, bread, and bananas. No eggs, fruit, etc. 8 nights with tax was about $920 which is a lot less than a hotel downtown. There is an abandoned building next door with a lot of homeless people there. One family was sleeping in a van at the back of the parking lot one night. Almost no food choices right around the hotel. I don't think I would stay there again. Room service was very good (thanks to our service person Cathy)!

Room Tip: Get up onto the third floor which reduces noise and is also a level that wasn't flooded.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Trek-Always
Chicago
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2013

Inexpensive hotel with easy access to downtown. Terrible neighborhood with no restaurants other than a dirty Chinese place and fast food chains. Room was dark and dank. Towel rack and plumbing fixtures loose. Paint scrapes thruout. Plug had to be replaced. Main bath light flashed on and off. Breakfast very limited. Business center operational, but only 1 computer and it was not enough for fully occupied motel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple