“A great place to stay”

Ranked #33 of 161 Hotels in New Orleans
Saint Peters, Missouri, United States
“A great place to stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2014

We were here from Friday - Tuesday after Thanksgiving. Everyone that worked there that we talked to were great. Always helpful and had plenty of suggestions. We are in N.O. at least once a year and this has made it to one of our now two places to stay. The room was very nice, the beds were comfortable, plenty of storage space in the bathroom as well as closet. They had a K-Cup machine in the room so that you could make your own coffee or hot tea. The cleaning staff were great, always checking to see if we needed anything and were always nice. I'm looking forward to staying there again.

Room Tip: If you have a problem with narrow steps make sure to request a room on the main floor.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Rachel R
Marianne P, Manager at Inn on Ursulines, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
We are so pleased you found the Inn on Ursulines to be such a "great place to stay" and that it has made it on to your list of top two places to stay while in New Orleans! We appreciate your kind remarks and look forward to having you back again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
  • Finnish first
Raleigh, NC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2013

Normally I stay at one of the hotels in New Orleans, but this time we stayed at the Inn on the far end of the Quarter. My room was nice and comfortable, and the bed slept well. It is a unique setting and gives more of the New Orleans Quarter feel. The rate was good and was convient to the Quarter. I will say that I could hear the courtyard and others fairly easily, but generally this was not an issue. The front staff was friendly and helped when I needed a taxi to the airport.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Gregory M
We are thrilled you decided to change it up and stay with at the Inn on Ursulines during your recent trip to New Orleans in December. It sounds like you made the right decision as our great location, helpful and friendly staff as well authentic NOLA charm were exactly what you were looking for! We appreciate you sharing your experience with us and others on TripAdvisor and hope to have you back at any of our French Quarter guest Houses properties upon your return to New Orleans!
Houston, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2013

My husband and I stayed in room 4. At first glance it was very cute. It seemed clean enough, but fixtures were very dusty. It was very cold and the heater was not blowing hot air. After talking with the management, they told us to turn the heater off for 10 min to let it reset. That seemed to work, however the heater is at the top of the ceiling and the ceilings are 15 ft high. The room never got warm. I literally had to sleep in layers of clothing and my coat. The next morning when I started the shower I turned it all the way on hot water. I let it run for 10 min and it was still ice cold. I figured out that the "cold" actually got warmer, but not hot enough for a shower. Especially not in the freezing room. We will not stay here again. It is in a good location, but it was not comfortable.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
We are extremely disappointed to learn of your recent experience at the Inn on Ursulines. We try to be proactive with our preventative maintenance and test all of the heaters in our guestrooms prior to the first cold front of the year and are extremely sorry that you ran into an issue with yours. In regards to the hot water, this is also a one off issue that unfortunately you experienced during your stay and we have since rectified the issue. We would love the opportunity to make it up to you with a future stay at any of our French Quarter Guest Houses properties, as we are sure you would find your stay to be nothing short of delightful. Please let us know if we can set up a reservation for you!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2013 via mobile

My partner and I stayed here from November 5th till November 12th.
Check-in was quick, welcoming and very helpful. Our room (room 3) was really nice with polished floor boards and painted exposed brick walls. The bed was huge and extremely comfortable. I think they've recently renovated and have done a really good job of creating a modern room that still retains old New Orleans/French Quarter charm.
The location, in my opinion, could not be any better. Literally within walking distance of most things you would want to do. Our Favourite area was Frenchman street which is a 10 minute walk.
The Staff were really knowledgable of the area and New Orleans as a whole and were always able to point us in the right direction. We had a problem with a delayed flight to New York and had to stay an extra night which they were able to accommodate without any fuss at all. It was just added on to the total of our bill. We had to move across the courtyard to a different, equally as lovely room, and they even moved our bags and set us up across there by the time we had come back from lunch.
It really was a pleasure staying here.
Loved New Orleans and loved this Hotel. I really think it would be hard to find better value for a place like this. Will definitely be back here!

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
We are thrilled you enjoyed your 7-day vacation in New Orleans and chose the Inn on Ursulines to stay at! We are beyond pleased that you found our prime location, comfortable guestrooms and great rates were exactly what you were looking for! We truly appreciate the kind feedback and look forward to having you back again!
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2013

Very good location close to Bourban street, however be careful walking home late at night. We (a college girlfriend and I) stayed in an upstairs room with two beds - Very cute and quaint, also newly renovated. The only down side to staying up stairs wast that the stair cases are very narrow and the in July the room was very hot. Other than that the room was great and clean. Would definately stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Krae18
We're thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us back in July and appreciate you taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor! Thank you for your kind remarks and we look forward to having you back at the Inn on Ursulines upon your next visit to NOLA!
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for a few days in early November 2013. It is central to just about everything in the French Quarter and easy walking distance to shops and restaurants. 2 or 3 blocks from the French Market and Cafe Du Monde. Between Royal Street and Bourbon Street.

The staff is very friendly and went out of their way to make sure we were comfortable. The guy that checked us in at nearly midnight when we came in after a long flight offered us many ideas for 24 hour food delivery as we were tired and hungry. I forget one of the lady's name at the front desk, maybe Mimi? Anyway, we had to check out and back in on our second to last day, our booking mistake in advance, not theirs. She made the process so easy and we didn't even have to change rooms. When I was asking about those little voodoo dolls they sell at all the shops she told me they used to have those they would give as little gifts to the guests, I said I wish they still gave them out because I thought it was a cool idea. When we got home from our day outing in the quarter there was a little bag with five of them in our room with a note from the front desk. I thought that was really kind of them.

While we had a bottom floor street room we didn't feel there was any lack of privacy. We stayed in room #1 and I don't think it borders any other room wall to wall so the only noise we heard at night were the occasional car driving down Ursulines. The hotel and room was clean and well kept. The court yard is really cute and has a little hot tub in the back. I thought the whole experience was just delightful.

I would stay here again if we are in town.

Room Tip: I say if you want to be street side ask for room #1. One side of the room is a breezeway used for st...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank karl w
Thank you for sharing your experience at the Inn on Ursulines with us and others on TripAdvisor. We are pleased you found the whole experience to be so delightful and we look forward to having you back again upon your next trip to New Orleans!
Reading, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2013

I stayed here with my boyfriend for five nights around hallowe'en, and we had a great time. The staff were fantastic, very professional but also laid back and easy to chat to, and gave us some great advice about places to find things around the city. They also booked some tours for us and advised us on where to find some costumes for hallowe'en.

The rooms are all off a small courtyard which also has a hot tub. The courtyard has wrought-iron chairs and tables outside, and also an ice machine. The room we stayed in was one of the smaller ones on the ground floor, which was fine as we were staying as a couple, and who comes to NOLA to stay in their room? The only small issue is that there were no windows so it got a little stuffy at times when we were out all day, but when we returned we left the door open and turned up the fan which easily aired the room (and we didn't feel there was any security risk leaving the door open). Each room also has an AC unit and Keurig machine (there is also a small fridge and more coffee in the reception area). The bathroom was nice too, looked like it had been recently refurbished. I noticed some of the reviews said there was a problem with noise from rooms above, but we didn't experience this at all. Our room did have a door that could be used to join two rooms together (e.g. if a family or group was staying), and we only heard the other guests on a couple of occasions, but this really was not a problem. The other guests were kind, and easy to initiate conversation with, e.g. in the courtyard area.

The location of this place is excellent, being in the French Quarter and a short walk from Frenchman Street, but just enough away from all the craziness of Bourbon street (so you can still get some decent sleep). The area felt very safe, and there is a pastry shop (the hotel doesn't serve breakfast, not a problem but just FYI…) and 24-hour store a block away (Verti Marte does amazing sandwiches, great for on the way home from the bar at 3am!).

If you are not a fan of the big chain hotels, but want a bit more than a B&B, this place is perfect. I've already recommended the Inn on Ursulines to other people, and will certainly stay again if I return to New Orleans!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Helen M
Thank you so much for recommending the Inn on Ursulines to others based off of your stay with us over Halloween / Voodoo Fest, as it is truly the highest form of compliment! We are pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and found everything to be to your liking. Thank you again for your kind feedback and we look forward to having you back again!