Motel 6 New Orleans
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Quality Inn(New Orleans)
  • Free Internet
All reviewsminute driveroom was cleankatrinafrenchquarter
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Attending a Super Bowl is an expensive thing to due. We ended up stayed here at the Motel 6 because its prices were lower than all the hotels in New Orleans. There were not a lot of options price wise, I would've stayed closer to the action if the price was better. However, it was only a 15-minute drive to the French Quarter, traffic wasn't bad until you hit the Quarter. The motel is in an area that was flooded by Katrina and is in the middle of re-building. I agree with other travelers, this is a place to rest your head only. They do not provide shampoo, only hand soap. The bare minimums for motel stay, such as 2-towles and 2-wash cloths, 2-pillows, the bare minimum. Wi-Fi was $2.99(+tax!) per device per day using access codes you purchase from the front desk and it's rarely fast enough to stream video but otherwise reliable. TVs were OLD 19" tube sets and many rooms still have the old-school Ma Bell type phones. The rooms are clean enough but be sure you check with the front desk. Service is outstanding even though the property itself is worn/tired. They switch us rooms because of a hole in the floor of the tube/shower. Place could use a good cleaning.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Tbuttars
Reviewed March 5, 2013

First of all, I stayed here because all the hotels in New Orleans were sold out for the conference I was attending. If I had the option, I would've stayed closer to the action in a greater than one star property. That being said, it was only a 15-20 minute drive to the convention center, little traffic, and a decent overall experience.

The motel isn't in a rough area although you shouldn't be surprised to see/hear people hanging out and talking in the parking lot and common areas. No obvious hookers or hoods on my visit, however.

One thing's for sure... This is a place to rest your head only. They do not provide shampoo, only hand soap. They have no irons or ironing boards. They provide the bare minimum in towels. Wi-Fi is $2.99(+tax!) per device per day using access codes you purchase from the front desk and it's rarely fast enough to stream video but otherwise reliable. TVs are maybe 19" tube sets and many rooms still have the old-school Ma Bell type phones.

The rooms are clean enough but be sure you check with the front desk. Service is outstanding even though the property itself is worn/tired. They don't like to give freebies but they will take care of room issues ASAP and they even switched my rooms before check-in due to one of my rooms in an adjoining pair needing a good carpet cleaning.

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms were recommended on check-in as quieter at night but louder during the day due to being close to the housekeeping services, etc. Also the elevator seem slow, so I'm happy on the ground. CHECK YOUR WINDOWS - mine were unlocked on check-in.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Shane C
Reviewed January 3, 2013

Please be mindful of this information if you are staying at this place with family or even alone. I got a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach as I watched my autistic nephew staring and obviously disturbed by the site, of all of those scantily clothed young women standing in various poses at the foyer entrance to the hotel. He said to me innocently, "I guess this doesn't look like a very good place to stay". He was SO right.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank Lavinia B
Reviewed December 14, 2012

The good part is the price. I booked a non smoking single room and when I arrived at this HUGE property of cubicles I couldn't believe how small the room was. I have stayed at many many Motel 6 hotels across the nation but this was amazing at how tiny and smelly this room was.. barely big enough to fit a queen size be in .. seriously! I could have lived with that except the non smoking room reeked so bad of cigarette smoke apparently drifting up through the plumbing in the bath that the tiny room smelled as if you where inside an ashtray. The long narrow halls leading up to each tiny room where a bit depressing but the staff kept things tidy and organized. The front desk staff worked like dogs to keep the tiny "lobby" filled with people coming and going. When I checked out early it was no problem refunding my extra night which I appreciate. This property is a GIANT warehouse of tiny rooms at a cheap price.. if you need a place to stay for a night as your passing though and can't find anything else you can afford you might consider it as a last resort.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank femadude
Reviewed October 16, 2012

Made online reservations, when we got there, room was dirty, not vacuumed, sheets dirty, bathroom was very disgusting. Staff needs customer service training. Checked out that same day and went elsewhere. Spend the extra money, its worth it. Will never come here again, this place made me sick to my stomach..

• Stayed: October 2012