“Aceptable for the price”

Motel 6 New Orleans
Ranked #144 of 165 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed March 24, 2012

The place does not look particularly nice or particularly bad, it could be cleaner ... the room and the bathroom were spacious, the air conditioner was fine and the bed ok, I was all day out and only were in the room to rest for a while and go out again, so I never even turned on the TV.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for Motel 6 New Orleans

Reviewed September 24, 2011

I was so skeptical at first, my cousin that lived there recommened this hotel and stated since you really want be in the hotel dont pay alot of money. I must say for the price we paid it was a decent hotel, the bathroom and rooms was clean, so that was certainly a plus. I didn't see any strange people hanging around the hotel so for the price I paid, I really can't complain. There is nothing special about this hotel so if you are looking for DoubleTree on for $42 dont stay here. I was here for a wedding so we only probably slept about 6hrs, most of the time we was on the run... the area was conveinent to resturants, we was about 15min away from Bourbon St..

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 7, 2011

The room was clean. However, there is a mildew smell. The location is far, but perfect if you are on a budget. Staff was friendly & helpful.

• Stayed: September 2011
Reviewed May 29, 2011

excellent staff, very motivated. GM. seems very involved, rooms are clean as they can be. i was expecting more, like the one in biloxi, this is a world wide destination spot. i would think the company would have this as one of the best the company would offer. it is my opinion if this was done right it could increase sales across the board. hmmmm. food for thought.

Room Tip: little noisy on the first floor(avoid)
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank crash055
Reviewed May 9, 2011

Motel 6 has older properties with exterior entrances and newer ones with interior entrances. This is one of the newer properties and for a Motel 6 it would be one of their nicer ones. I would definitely stay here again. There is a closer location to downtown New Orleans at Gentilly that was sold out by the time I made my reservation but it also looked like a newer location. I was here for JazzFest and compared to other options available for what I received, it was a good price. The room was clean and I slept well each night. During the day I was out and about. I was able to hear road noice from the interstate the first night, but didn't notice it the other 3 nights. There was minor wear and tear on the property. The different workers at the desk were unable to give me directions to the race track where they have the festival which I thought was strange since it is so well known and brings in alot of tourist. Also, the room didn't have a phone book that usually has area maps. TV was smaller in size - possibly 20 inch.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed March 10, 2010

Motel 6 has always been a dependable choice for our family when we didn't want to blow the whole vaction budget on the room, but still wanted a decent place to stay. The rooms we have stayed in with this chain have always been clean and functional and the staff has always been courteous and professional. This property is the bad apple.
The property itself looks relatively new and is in an area in NO that looks like it is trying to come back, but the place is very poorly maintained. Windows and mirrors dirty, rugs not vacuumed, floors not mopped. Careless repairs; lots of sloppy paint patches, etc. Cleaning and maintainence in general was just sloppy and half-way complete.
The young lady at reception was capable, but not overly helpful or friendly. And there seemed to be lots of people just sort of hanging around the lobby and entrance for no particular reason. There always seemed to be someone yelling somewhere in the building at any given time of the day or night.
Luckily, we spent most of our stay away from the room. It's a shame. The location and price of this hotel were great, but it was actually depressing coming back to the room at night. Not the worst motel in the world, but we won't be staying there again.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank michig00se
Reviewed September 26, 2009

don;t go there period , they have blood stained mattress, some woman named pearl is very hishonest. this pkace is like going to hell

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled on business