“Charbroiled oysters”

Drago's Seafood Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Drago's Seafood Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #142 of 1,978 Restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Description: Home of the Original Charbroiled Oyster!
Reviewed November 23, 2013 via mobile

One of (if not THE) originator of this dish - they do it best. As a local I still prefer the old Metairie location but Hilton good as well. Always have live. Maine lobsters. I've never been disappointed in many visits. They have their own oyster beds so always fresh half shells. My vote for best seafood in NO area. Prices reasonable also

Reviewed November 22, 2013

We had started out with a Dozen Charbroiled Oysters and could have had one more but we all had the Maine Lobster. I had the Charbroiled Jumbo 2 1/4 to 2 1/2 pounds but i think it was a little bigger than that made to perfection. Also had the Lobster Marco and Stuffed Lobster. This was not consumed all by me... It was the Wife and Daughter. We all tasted each others and I half to say excellent . Next time I am in NOLA this is worth the stop for dinner.

A BIG THANK-YOU TO THE STAFF THAT GAVE US FIRST CLASS SERVICE..

Reviewed November 21, 2013

Someone suggested we go here and eat the roasted oysters. They were a sloppy mess, I guess the idea is to bury the delicacy of the oyster taste, They succeeded. The gumbo was good, the service and bill were great. The room was bad modernism.

Reviewed November 20, 2013

My husband and I both enjoyed our lunch at Drago's. My husband enjoyed his gumbo soup and we both had a salad with yummy shrimp on it. Our meal was perfect for what we wanted and it was easy and quick. Certainly this is MUCH better than your typical Hilton restaurant serving lunch.

Reviewed November 20, 2013

Let me first start off with our server Telly was great. My friends and I dined here before a Saint's football game, of course it was packed. The charbroiled oysters are great, I was craving fried alligator and I was not disappointed. I did ask for a fried alligator po boy and they stated they could not do it. Which I found crazy...I would return.