“My first taste of New Orleans”

Drago's Seafood Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Drago's Seafood Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #137 of 1,991 Restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Description: Home of the Original Charbroiled Oyster!
Reviewed September 17, 2013

I had the barbecue shrimp, Drago's calls it Crescent City Shrimp. It was absolutely delicious. A little spicy, very savory. I was given a very generous portion, and it came with a huge piece of french bread. I couldn't stop mopping up the sauce with the bread. It was so good. Several employees that weren't even waiting on my table stopped by to check on me, ask if I needed anything and refilled my glass of water. The restaurant was moderately busy when I was there, so this "extra touch" of service was very appreciated.

1  Thank nnaatsirk

Reviewed September 16, 2013

gumbo and oyster dishes . Excellent. buffalo shrimp salad was a treat! other reviews complained about bad service...here is my take: service was lacking a little bit...servers stood around talking to each other a lot. but I noticed that this is not unique to the restaurant. everywhere we went in New Orleans... Service people were super friendly...so friendly, that they spend a lot of time being friendly to each other and affects service. they would sell a lot more alcohol and food if they were more attentive to the patrons... Business owners would make more profits!!

Reviewed September 16, 2013

The food was good particularly anything connected to the sea, service was competent and costs reasonable for New Orleans. Go there you do not have to be staying in the Hilton

Reviewed September 15, 2013

We had a great dining experience at Drago. We wanted to sit at the shucking bar and we are so glad that we did. Scott was shucking right in front of us and not only did he give us an eyeful with his talents at handling an oyster but he gave us an earful of advice and tips. His Southern hospitality welcomed us to NOLA. We ordered a dozen char grilled oysters -- a treat we had never had before. The oysters were plump and cooked to perfection. We enjoyed washing them down with our cold beers and mopping up every bit of juice with our warm, fresh bread. Go for the oysters, you won't be sorry

1  Thank Pattyannkess54
Reviewed September 12, 2013

my husband and I visited New Orleans for the first time, I had a long list of restaurants to try out and Drago's wasnt on the list it was given through word of mouth and we went there first, OH!!! My God breathe taking, my husband is a very great cook and he said this was the best he'd eaten in a long time from a restaurant. I give Drago's a 5 Star and more. I live in Miami and I've been looking for Chargrilled Oysters, and the Lobster Mac& Cheese, Gumbo AWESOME!!!!!

1  Thank wisdom101