“First time trying chargrilled oysters”

Drago's Seafood Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Drago's Seafood Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #260 of 2,024 Restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Description: Home of the Original Charbroiled Oyster!
Reviewed September 15, 2013

We had a great dining experience at Drago. We wanted to sit at the shucking bar and we are so glad that we did. Scott was shucking right in front of us and not only did he give us an eyeful with his talents at handling an oyster but he gave us an earful of advice and tips. His Southern hospitality welcomed us to NOLA. We ordered a dozen char grilled oysters -- a treat we had never had before. The oysters were plump and cooked to perfection. We enjoyed washing them down with our cold beers and mopping up every bit of juice with our warm, fresh bread. Go for the oysters, you won't be sorry

1  Thank Pattyannkess54
Write a ReviewReviews (3,608)

Reviewed September 12, 2013

my husband and I visited New Orleans for the first time, I had a long list of restaurants to try out and Drago's wasnt on the list it was given through word of mouth and we went there first, OH!!! My God breathe taking, my husband is a very great cook and he said this was the best he'd eaten in a long time from a restaurant. I give Drago's a 5 Star and more. I live in Miami and I've been looking for Chargrilled Oysters, and the Lobster Mac& Cheese, Gumbo AWESOME!!!!!

1  Thank wisdom101
Reviewed September 11, 2013 via mobile

My friends and I had dinner at Dragos while in town for Atl Falcons & Saints NFL game. I always love eating here but this time was not as hood as previous visits. The shrimp are always fresh but this time they were rubbery. I ordered the shrimp platter but my friend got more shrimp on her shrimp po boy than my platter. My gumbo was barely warm and was quite bland. This used to be my favorite spot for char grilled oysters but not anymore. I will give it another try but it will not be at the top of my list.

1  Thank iluvfoodz
Reviewed September 9, 2013

We figured we would give it a try, and the service was sub-standard. My wife had the Oysters, which were good, I had tuna, which was average. My salad came first, and it looked and tasted like food served at a giant convention, lifeless and gobs of dressing. It was probably made early in the afternoon and thrown in the refrigerator. Honestly, save your money, there are too many choices in NOLO to pick average. We ate at the one in the Hilton, if you walk two blocks, you have the best restaurants in the USA,

Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stopped in on our second day in NOLA. We were ready for some good cajun style seafood. I ordered the blackened catfish and boy was it ever BLACK -END. It was very dry and had no taste. The waitress had them re cook it but I still was not impressed. My boyfriend had the oyster pasta and he was pleased. We are still here for a few more days. .. I hope to get the cajun seafood taste of red beans & rice, fried fish etc... before we leave.