“Outstanding Oysters!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Drago's Seafood Restaurant

Drago's Seafood Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Drago's Seafood Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #136 of 1,919 Restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: Seafood, Cajun & Creole
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Business meetings, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Description: Home of the Original Charbroiled Oyster!
Dallas, TX
“Outstanding Oysters!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

I went on the advice of a friend for the chargrilled oysters. Best advice I ever took. They were to die for! The flavor and taste were devine! One friend had the Cobb Salad, which is more than enough for two people to share. I had the Buffalo Shrimp Salad. I couldn't finish it. Very generous servings on the salads.

• Korean first
New Orleans
“Over rated - try Metairie location”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

Drago's at the Hilton continues to disappoint and seems to be getting worse. The grilled oysters are great (though overpriced) and should not be missed. Nothing else in the menu that I can truly recommend. Their fish is almost always dry and over cooked. Even the lobster is hit and miss. This location rules the Hilton dining choices and it was very good when it opened. Unfortunately, it's quality control and service has gone down tremendously over the last two years.

I was in town for a conference and went there to get a quick dozen raw oysters and a dozen grilled oysters. That and a beer ran me over $40!! My per diem for the day was shot on a snack! Someone needs to tell Citanovich that the BP oil spill is over and many other restaurants are bringing their oyster prices back down to reality. I can get oysters in Mississippi, Alabama, and Florida for under $10 a dozen and they are just as good.

If you want good food and much better service, try the original location locate in the Fat City area of Metairie. The prices are the same but the quality of the food and the table service are much better. You won't be sorry.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank funinthesun95
Northern Virginia
“Ehh- not the best”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2013

I tried to like this place- the chargrilled oyster's were what drew me there- they were fine- the food was just average- Olive Garden is slightly better- my seafood pasta was just warm and kinda bland. I paid over $10 for a watered down Long Island Iced Tea- if you really want to go - try the oysters and drink a beer then go somewhere else for dinner.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Tulsa, Oklahoma
“great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2013

We ate at Drago's in the Hilton on the recommendation of a friend. She did not steer us wrong--the charbroiled oysters are almost addictive, with some kind of light sauce that just sets off the flavor perfectly. If you are hungry, start with a dozen! One of our party got a hamburger and a bowl of gumbo; these were both first-rate, too. But the charbroiled oysters are a special treat.

Visited March 2013
Huntington Beach, California
“Happily surprised”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2013

I don't normally eat oysters, but this restaurant makes them any way you want them..I had grilled oysters and to my surprise I ate a whole half a dozen..the restaurant is very busy and entertaining. Watching them open the oysters and cooking them in the fire was a sight to see..our waiter was exceptional and took the time to explain all the specials of the day..the shrimp, corn chowder was delicious and another person in our party had the BBQ shrimp poboy which is NOT a regular BBQ sandwich....I will be back on my next visit.

• Visited March 2013