“Grilled Oysters”

Poppy's The Crazy Lobster Bar & Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Poppy's The Crazy Lobster Bar & Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #185 of 1,989 Restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Description: Come join the fun at The Crazy Lobster, where indoor dining meets outdoor atmosphere! Come get down with us on the banks of the Mississippi River, with live music and the best seafood in New Orleans.
Reviewed December 28, 2013

I went to this restuarant because I bought a groupon. I had a crab cake, grilled oysters, and steamed shrimp and crab legs. If I didn't have the groupon I would have easily spent $70. The crab cake and steamed pot was okay. The oysters were so good I will probably go back before I leave The Big Easy. The seasoning and preperation was delicious! My drink was excellent also...I can't remember the name of it, but it was what I would call equivalent to a spiked tea.

Reviewed December 27, 2013

The sea food basket is big enough for two and tastes fantastic. The service was very good. My waiter (Michael Anderson) was very kind and informative even washed my hands with lemon after to get the sea food smell off.

Reviewed December 17, 2013

These folks really take care of you here and the food is very good. It's a little pricey, but considering it is along the river with a better than average outdoor atmosphere it is understandable. Worth a visit for lunch, dinner or just drinks.

Reviewed December 15, 2013 via mobile

Although the prices on the menu were pricey, there is a great deal on groupon right now ($25 off if you spend $50). We came here for lunch and just ordered drinks and a few appetizers. The coconut shrimp was amazing but only came with six. Their specialty drink (voodoo juice) was okay but I would probably not order again. It was a little too sweet for my taste. The restaurant is hidden next to the water and ferry entrance. It is a nice atmosphere.

Reviewed December 15, 2013 via mobile

Dangerously yummy Shrimp & Grits and Mardi Gras salad (dressing was tasty). Very large portions, could share if not hungry. Not expensive at all. Staff was extremely friendly. Casual atmosphere.