“Great food!”

Poppy's The Crazy Lobster Bar & Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Poppy's The Crazy Lobster Bar & Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #182 of 1,978 Restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Description: Come join the fun at The Crazy Lobster, where indoor dining meets outdoor atmosphere! Come get down with us on the banks of the Mississippi River, with live music and the best seafood in New Orleans.
Reviewed April 2, 2013

If you are planning a stop along the riverfront in New Orleans, check out this restaurant. My wife and I had lunch there during our stay and the food was fantastic! The shrimp was the best we have ever had and the local jambalaya and gumbo serving was beyond belief! The staff was very friendly and the atmosphere was fantastic!

Reviewed April 2, 2013

I come to New Orleans at once every 18 months. I lived here for a while before moving to Georgia. I know that New Orleans can give you good food, great food, and something slapped together for the tourists who don't know any better. This place is just that last category. It was Horrible. If my wife had not purchased a groupon for the joint, we would have left. There NOTHING about this place that was good other than the view of the river. We ordered fried pickles - frozen. But it came with their version of remulade sauce. Everything did. Then Shrimp (boiled) which were also cold, and obviously from the fridge. My son ordered red beans and rice. It looked like a bad version of old porridge. And I thought that I would see about the BBQ shrimp poboy. THE SHRIMP WAS COLD and the sandwich wasn't dressed. The whole place seemed to just chunk out whatever food they had and move the tourist out. the waiter, Tony, was very nice and helpful but not apologetic at all and tried to push the more expensive items on the menu.

2  Thank GAhiker
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Read the reviews, tried it anyway. Forget the mixed drinks (cute hierarchy of Category 1-5), but it's all just fruit juice from $9-$14. Beers are reasonable and good (sent back the $14 Cat 5 for a refun). Hamburger was tasty, cheesy lobster was dreadful. "Live entertainment" was pretty close to as bad as it can get (you'd have better luck with a McD cheeseburger and a street musician, except for the beer!).

This is one to skip. What a shame, there should be a really good restaurant in a great spot like this!

1  Thank Rigel54
Reviewed March 31, 2013

In a city so well known for great restaurants, this one was disappointing. Our food was cold and bland. The service was good though, as too the location. There are much better options though.

Reviewed March 31, 2013

We are locals here and everytime we go to harbor walk we are sure to stop here and eat !!! Love this place!