“Friendly, personal and sincere attention to guests at Southern Comfort”

Southern Comfort Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #32 of 142 New Orleans B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 28, 2006

Having just spent (last week of August, 2006) three delightful nights at this B&B it's hard to believe the negative commenters were at the same place. The rooms (we had a suite) were spotless, the bed quite comfortable and everything was to our liking. Best of all, the owner was extremely friendly and helpful (directions, recommendations for nearby hangouts and restaurants (where the locals go for great po boys, etc.), and we spent hours during our stay enjoying chatting with her. The neighborhood is completely safe (a few seconds' walk from St. Charles) and conveniently located. The ever-changing variety of freshly baked scones, muffins, etc. served at breakfast (with cereals, fresh fruits, yogurt, etc. also available) were enough to make me want to ask if other home-made meals might be available the next time I return -- and I definitely will return.

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk

Louisiana
Reviewed July 6, 2005

Not a great place. Costs a lot for a bad bed and a questionable neighborhood and I've had better baths in third world countries. Wouldn't go again or recommend. Thanks.

• Stayed: July 2005
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Huntsville Alabama
Reviewed July 4, 2005

This bed and breakfast was a real let down after reading the reviews here. There is mold growing under the tub in the bathroom. There was no hot water and the water pressure was so low, it took forty minutes to fill the tub to take a bath. Plus, one day I was going out as she came to clean my room, and returned while she was still there, please tell me why it takes three hours to clean a room? I will tell you, I feel she was looking through my belongings while I was not there. There have to be better places to stay in a city like New Orleans and next time I will find one.

• Stayed: July 2005
7  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Missiouri
Reviewed July 3, 2005

This bed 'n breakfast was a rip-off. Stay at a real hotel for less moneye and a better experience.

7  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Texas
Reviewed March 18, 2005

My partner and I must be looking for different things from a bed 'n breakfast than the reviewers here, because we used these reviews to choose Cindee Quick's place, and were disappointed to say the least. True, it is only a short distance from a good neighborhood, but it's not IN a good neighborhood. There were gang-types hanging out on the corners at the bottom fo the block at night, every night. Breakfast was basically breads and coffee which is okay but not what we expected. The 'pond' is small enough to jump over. The room was okay but the bed was uncomfortable and we felt rather hounded by our hostess. For the cost this was a bad experiment.

• Stayed: February 2005
5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Salisbury, Wilts, England
Reviewed November 20, 2004

We found Southern Comfort Bed and Breakfast on the internet and what a wonderful find it turned out to be. The house is lovely and our room was very large and comfortable. Far, far better than any hotel would have been.

We were so impressed that the owner Cindee Quick took so much time and trouble to provide her guests with information and advice.

The breakfast was lovely and we can't recommend Southern Comfort highly enough.

Go to ------

Foothill Ranch, CA
Reviewed November 18, 2004

We spent an entire week at Southern Comfort that included Halloween weekend. Cindy was a very, very helpful host. She clued us into a lot of great local events, restaurants and clubs. We really wanted to experience the city outside the confines of tourist traps and Bourbon Street. She was very helpful in providing us with information to do this.

Our room was very comfortable and a nice size. We especially enjoyed the bicycles that allowed us to get around the city and explore a little bit more.

This was a great stay and we had a wonderful time. I highly recommend Southern Comfort!