“Our Favorite Place to Stay When in New Orleans”

Southern Comfort Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #32 of 142 New Orleans B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 21, 2012

The Southern Comfort B &B is a lovely home, and Cindee is a gracious, accommodating host. My husband and I have stayed there twice over the past six months when we have been in New Orleans on family business. We have enjoyed the relaxing atmosphere, the convenient location, and good New Orleans style breakfasts. We plan to stay there again next time we visit.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank marcellehilll

Reviewed September 21, 2012

I stayed here for 3 nights while visiting family. The house is very large and quiet, with 3 guest rooms. The rooms are spacious, elegant, and furnished with beautiful antiques. Cindee serves a hot homemade breakfast each morning. The house is in a safe, beautiful area only a very short walk to the St. Charles streetcar, which will take you to the French Quarter or the Audubon Park/Tulane area for only $1.25. Will definitely stay here again when I come to New Orleans.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank BaylorKathy
Reviewed September 13, 2012

My husband and I had a wonderful stay at the Southern Comfort B&B. It is located just two blocks off of St. Charles in a quiet neighborhood within the Garden District. The parking is free and right in front of the home (that never happens in the French Quarter). Our room, the Horizon, was warm and inviting, and the bathroom was very large. The house has a lovely front porch, which we enjoyed one morning. The best part of the stay, though, was getting to know the hostess, Cindee. She made us feel completely comfortable and welcome. She is very knowledgeable about the area and gave us plenty of great ideas for things to do and places to eat. Cindee also makes a terrific breakfast! I hope that we visit New Orleans again soon so that we can go back to the Southern Comfort.

Room Tip: The Horizon room is at the back of the house and is very light with its large windows and blue/white...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BackintheNW
Reviewed August 23, 2012

We loved our stay in The Plantation Room. This B&B is spacious and comfortable, and it is located in an awesome neighborhood close to some great restaurants and the trolley. Cindee is a spectacular innkeeper. Being a lifelong resident of New Orleans, she has bookoos of information about how to get the most out of your time in this beautiful and mysterious city. Her breakfast was to die for! Homemade blueberry bread pudding! Altogether a splendid stay. We highly recommend this B&B.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank maarond
Reviewed August 12, 2012

Our get away was wonderful thanks to the Southern Comfort Inn. Relaxing and quite with excellent food. Our host Cindee could not have done it better, She knew all the historical sites to plan a day visit to. The garden district was a nice change from the french quarter we loved the peaceful neighborhood and we do plan to go and visit again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Dee R
Reviewed July 24, 2012

I had the pleasure of staying three nights at the Southern Comfort Bed and Breakfast in New Orleans’ beautiful garden district. What a delightful place to stay! I would recommend it to anyone visiting New Orleans. During past visits, I’ve stayed in hotels in the French Quarter, and although being in the midst of the action of the Quarter was exciting, this time I loved being able to relax after a fun day of sightseeing in the quiet, comfortable atmosphere of this tastefully-furnished 100 + year-old house. The French Quarter and other tourist spots are just a St. Charles streetcar ride away, so staying here is the perfect way to enjoy the best of both worlds.

Lovely gardens surround the house. Right outside the window of my large bedroom with its beautiful four-posted pineapple queen-sized bed was a delightful little pond with a mini-waterfall and water lilies floating on its surface. In the charming patio area beside the pond, my relatives and I relaxed, chatted, and enjoyed a glass of wine on the evening I arrived. We borrowed wine glasses from the kitchen that’s available to all of the guests. Well-stocked with bottled water, soft drinks, and snacks, the refrigerator, in which we were allowed to store small amounts of food and drink, also serves as a convenient honor bar.

Owner Cindee Quick is a warm, generous host who exhibits a sincere interest in her guests. A fantastic cook, Cindee treated us to creative, delicious, three-course breakfasts, good conversation, and restaurant and sightseeing tips. She’s knowledgeable about the city and can be a tremendous resource to out-of-towners. Accommodating and flexible, Cindee graciously adjusted my breakfast time the day I left to accommodate my early departure to catch a flight to Los Angeles.

Staying at the Southern Comfort is like spending a few days with a good friend. I look forward to my next visit and will recommend this Bed and Breakfast to all of my friends who plan to visit New Orleans.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Cheryl T
Reviewed July 18, 2012

Although we have visited New Orleans a number of times over the years, we had never stayed in the Garden District. The location is great, a couple of (short) blocks off St. Charles and a streetcar stop, and very quiet and restful. There is plenty of on-street parking right in front of the B&B.

Cindee is a gracious and accommodating hostess, and will share all kinds of useful tips with you. Knowing that we were renting a car, she let us know the best route to take from the airport. Since we had a very early flight in, we arrived at the B&B right in the middle of breakfast. Cindee offered us coffee and whisked our bags off for storage until our room was ready. She had lots of other good tips as well, one of which was the 25-cent martini special during lunch at Commander's Palace. You gotta do that! The food is excellent and it's one of those NOLA musts to go there. Cindee is no slouch in the food department either. All four breakfasts we had were different and yummy. My husband ate every bit of her quiche (which he normally doesn't much like) and then commented on how delicious it was.

Although we were only staying for a few days, the room is big enough and has enough storage that even if you were staying longer, you would be comfortable. The house "lives big." We didn't use the pleasant-looking porch rockers or the back garden, since the temperature was hovering in the high nineties, but they added to the ambience nonetheless.

We enjoyed our stay and would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple