New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

“Loved it!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Dauphine House Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Dauphine House Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #41 of 139 New Orleans B&B and Inns
Muldrow, Oklahoma
“Loved it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2013

My second time to NOLA and roomie and I almost stayed at an awful place, but thankfully we found the Dauphine House. We absolutely loved our stay at this B&B, and our host, Karen, made it even more awesome. We're definitely coming back to this place.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Libertysfate

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

My sister and I stumbled upon Dauphine House by accident and we couldn't have been more pleased!! We had previously scheduled a vacay to Estes Park but due to the flooding that occured there we were forced to replan our vacay destination. In looking for a B&B to stay I stumbled upon Dauphine House on the internet and it looked like a interesting place....very New Orleans!! Karen (the home owner) is a very interesting and informative person who provided us with all the tips and direction we needed...she even told us we could text her if we needed anything. We love New Orleans and are next trip there will include staying at the Dauphine House!!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Marti M
Appleton, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2013

We had an excellent stay here on our second honeymoon to New Orleans! Our room was very comfortable and the service was top notch. Karen even gave us a bottle of champagne when she learned it was our 2nd honeymoon! We would for sure stay here again.

Room Tip: There is a daily basket provided along with juice and yogurt with bananas. There is no hot breakfas...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank batkitty5580
New Norfolk, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

Our wonderful Dauphine House experience began even before we left Australia. Karen contacted me via email and couldn't have been more lovely. She also had some helpful tips regarding how much a cab from the airport should cost. When we arrived after our very long flight, Karen greeted us like long lost friends.
One big tip - place close attention to the information Karen gives you when you arrive, her recommendations are invaluable. If there is anything you want/need to know about New Orleans, her knowledge of the city is remarkable. Nothing is ever too much trouble for Karen (she even lent us a cell phone to take out with us to use for local calls, or if we needed to get in touch with her).
We stayed in the purple room for 6 nights. As others have posted everything was spotlessly clean, and the breakfast basket and fridge were replenished daily. I was travelling with a friend, so Karen had a single bed set up in the room in addition to the existing queen bed. We were both very pleasantly surprised at how comfortable the mattresses were. I have a very bad back, and I slept like a baby every night.
The location is fantastic, we walked everywhere. You are literally just around the corner from Bourbon Street, and 2 blocks away from Frenchman Street. I can honestly say I was never worried about our safety. We were sensible and always got a cab back after 10 o'clock at night (it's around $10 including tip from the French Quarter).
Another couple of tips - The Port of Call Restaurant is literally 2 mins walk away (on Esplanade Ave), their steaks and burgers are excellent! We dined there on our first night (on Karen's recommendation), and ended up going again another night because we enjoyed it so much.
Esplanade Mini Mart - also just at the end of the street (cnr Dauphine and Esplanade), great for any essentials you may have forgotten. They also have an ATM, which can really come in handy. It's clean and the staff were very friendly.
I would not hesitate to stay at Dauphine House again, in fact I wouldn't even look elsewhere. I have stayed in many hotels and B & B's around the world, but none of them come close to the experience that Karen offers. From booking to check out every aspect of our holiday was perfect.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Sao Paulo, SP
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013

There is probably no better place to stay in New Orleans than Dauphine House! The location is perfect: in any moment I felt I was in danger, it was very close to nice and cheap places to eat, drink, listen to music or just walk and everything was in a walk distance. Besides the location, Karen takes care of every detail to make everything perfect and is always concerned if everything is ok. When me and my boyfriend was planning the trip, I was worried about the cleanliness of the place where we would stay and we had absolutely no problem with that. In my opinion, big chains of hotels are depersonalized and they really don't care about you and your well being. You're just one more. At Dauphine House, Karen's was the whole time very attentive and gave us valuable tips to enjoy the city.

Room Tip: My tip is about the map she gives in the first day: it has great and affordable places to go and vis...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Giovana123
Wichita, Kansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013

The Dauphine House is the place you ought to stay if you are visiting New Orleans. My wife and I stayed for our honeymoon and were ever so pleased with our decision to stay here. Karen provided local advice on where to see/eat nearby and was so hospitable; offering us whatever we needed to make our stay the best it could be. We thought we might need to use the transit system but there was no need as we were within walking distance of everything we wanted to see in and around the French Quarter. Access from I-10 is easy, we never had trouble finding parking, and our safety never came into question. One of the main concerns of first time visitors to New Orleans (our concern as well) is safety, and from the Dauphine House into the Quarter is a really nice stretch of neighborhood.

Room Tip: Either room is great, but from what we saw of the red room it would be the best choice as it has a l...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Jon B
Wilmington, Delaware
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013

I have traveled to New Orleans Many times, stayed in many fine hotels there, but after finding the
Dauphine House and meeting Karen I'll never stay anywhere else. The accommodations are warm , cozy and quiet. Great for couples and solo. The location is within walking distance to everything in the French Quarter.
area.

Room Tip: All 3 rooms are beautiful
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo