“Nice stay”

Wyndham La Belle Maison
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed August 31, 2013

This was a actually our second visit to this Wyndham. Both stays were very pleasant. Staff goes out of their way to always greet you and chat. The valet guys go above and beyond to be helpful and polite. The place has very spacious rooms with real appliances and decent views. The beds were very comfortable and it's so nice having Everything you need like silverware, cups, plates etc. It's in a great location and within walking distance to everything. I walked alone to several shops and never felt unsafe. Get a room on the edge of building that has the three arched windows. The other rooms are dark without the natural sunlight. We were in room 912 and the only downside was the carpet and chair in our room was pretty stained. The room was clean but the wear and tear was evident. It is New Orleans after all. Overall, we would stay here or the Marriott when we return.

Room Tip: 9th floor with the three arched windows so you get lots of light!
1  Thank 1njen

Reviewed August 31, 2013

My husband and I stayed 4 days days here....and we could have stayed longer! We chose to stay in the Presidental Studio Suite instead of a regular one-bedroom. It was perfect for just the two of us! We had tall windows overlooking the street, and we definitely utilized the amenities which came with a presidential unit: jacuzzi tub, Bose sound system (which we always had playing local jazz music), and beautiful furnishings! The staff was great, and the valet parking was very prompt. The location was perfect, and we felt very safe. I can't say enough good things! We will be back!

Room Tip: *Always ask for room with a window. *Valet service akes about 30 minutes to retrieve your car, so m...
Reviewed August 22, 2013

We stayed here for 11 nights and could have stayed longer. The room was gorgeous, 9th floor with a view. The Staff were very friendly, helpful and happy. Location is perfect for walking to the French Quarter or for catching the Streetcar to the Garden District Can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a window and hopefully a view!
3  Thank LesBeats
Reviewed August 8, 2013

I stayed at the La Belle Maison back in mid March. If you have timeshare, you can book the La Belle Maison through your timeshare. We actually had an exterior suite with a window facing the street. There are some some interior suites without windows, so if you can help it, try and get a suite with a window. The staff was very friendly. The guest services (front desk) reps were great, in particular a young man named Michael. He was instrumental with providing information to various restaurants and jazz bars in the city as well as the various tours. One afternoon I was waiting in the lobby and one of the staff members brought in red beans and rice for the rest of the staff to eat and I was offered a bowl. I thought that was very nice of the staff to offer me a snack while I waited in the lobby. They seem to treat each other as family and the guest are treated as if they were family as well.

The Suite: The suite was clean and very spacious. The suites come with a full size refrigerator and microwave. There is a dining area and a pull out sofa (queen) and tv. The bedroom was had french doors that opened into the living area. The bed (king) was very comfy and there was a flat screen tv and a dresser for your convenience. The bathroom was a typical bathroom. However the bathroom has a motion sensor light that flickers when you enter the bathroom. It's great for when you had to use the bathroom in the middle of the night. You don't have to fumble around looking for a light switch or disturb others because the sensor which is flickers on and off gives off a low beam of blue light. It's just enough for you to make out shapes and to see where you are, but not bright enough to cast light into the bedroom or hallway.

Parking: To be honest, you don't need a vehicle if you stay at the La Belle Maison. It's about 3 blocks from the French Quarter and walking distance to just about anything. To be honest, I don't know where you would park, if you had a vehicle. I honestly didn't ask or look since I did not have a vehicle.

Food: There is not a kitchen at the La Belle Maison, however in the converted garage entrance, they serve beverages and maybe cookies. Most restaurants will deliver to the hotel, however it's probably better if you get out to the French Quarter and find you something to eat.

Overall my trip to New Orleans was awesome! The suite at the La Belle Maison was clean and tidy. The staff was awesome. I really don't have any complaints.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank divalicious757
Reviewed July 28, 2013

I must say in the beginning I was a little irritated because we drove down early in the morning for the essence fest and when we arrived we were told that it way too early too check in. Now normally I would not care because our hotel was 2 blocks from the french quarter, but it was pouring raining and we were soaked. I have to truly thank Ms.O.T(the housekeeping manager) and Michael(the front desk manager) because as soon as they sensed my frustration they had our room ready within minutes. The room is huge with a kitchenette, staff was very friendly, I think it was by far my best hotel stay in New Orleans.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Jutelle1982
Reviewed July 23, 2013

This was a lovely place to stay. Decor was beautiful. Room was clean and nicely arranged. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Valet parking was easy and prompt. Laundry room was nice. Location was exceptional. The only complaint I have is that it was loud at night. I know that is not the facility's fault as the noise was coming from outside not inside.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MsJenni
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Walking district to French Quarter, WWII museum, Jackson Square,etc. The decor is lovely traditional New Orleans. Valet parking available. Staff is helpful. The room is huge with a small kitchenette. This is a place we plan to recommend to others and to return to ourselves. It's unique and fun!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple