“Beautiful resort in great location.”

Wyndham La Belle Maison
GreenLeadersGold level
Champaign, Illinois
“Beautiful resort in great location.”
Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here the week before Super Bowl. The personnel were all very friendly and accommodating. The place is gorgeous and located right off Canal street, so easy access to the street cars, French Quarter, riverfront and many great restaurants. The rooms were large and decorated in an old New Orleans style. We loved the indoor/outdoor patio inside the valet parking drive. Great place to meet friends and family before going out. We would definitely stay here again. This is a Wyndham Vacation Club resort.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (171)
Church Hill, Tennessee
Reviewed January 29, 2013

BREATH TAKING is the only way to describe this place!!!! I was visting NOLA for my 1st time with my boyfriend and the La Bell Maison he chose for our getaway was perfect and beautiful. He knows I love old building etc and the renovations to incorporate the brick of the old train building was done so carefully and well thought to blend in with the newer ammenities but yet not take anything away from the originality of the place... excellant location to everything we wanted to do...access to public transportation was great.. and the staff was very attentive and friendly...ladies were so helpful...love this place and am already wanting to return there as soon as possible..

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Donna W
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed January 27, 2013 via mobile

I'm visiting New Orleans for the first time on a Girls' Trip. La Belle Maison has some great ammenities: outdoor nicely heated dipping pool, indoor hot tub, sauna, business/computer room and well-equipped workout facility. Every staff member we've encountered have been nothing but geniunely friendly, helpful and welcoming.

We have adjoining rooms each with kitchenettes. Very spacious rooms, super comfortable king size beds with plenty of pillows (a "must" for me). Each of the rooms have decent sized flat screen TVs with DVD players. The kitchenettes are well stocked w/ glasses, plates, wine bottle opener, programmable coffe maker and even a small dishwasher. My only disappointments are w/ the lack of storage space for unpacking and lack of counter space in the bathrooms. Besides that, I have no complaints. LOVE this place!

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank drb_ATL
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed January 25, 2013

This hotel is nicely maintained and has an excellent, polite staff working for them. There is excellent security on the premises and the rooms are lovely with modern amenities. The location is off the beaten path in the 'Industry' area however so we did require cabs or alot of walking in order to reach the French Quarter so be warned. Late at night the vending machines were out of stock on almost everything so be sure to find beverages to keep in your room but if that's the worst of it that's not bad! Beds were amazingly comfortable with nice plush goose down duvets. Great hot tub area with Grecian theme and small pool nearby. Exercise room fully stocked with modern equipment.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
albany ny
Reviewed January 22, 2013

The whole family stayed at the La Belle Maison in July 2012. Hubby, I, 2 children and grandfather. Location, location, location, 10-15 minute walk to Bourbon street and all of the excitement. We we there for a week, and I did my research before we went. There is no room service, you can exchange towel from the gym area, and there are refuse deposits on each floor. Bonus there is a washer and dryer available for all guests. We picked up detergent and dryer sheets while out and about, that saves on purchasing the packets in the coin-op. We had a very large apartment with two bedrooms 2 baths, living & dining area and a kitchenette. We did not have a stove, but did use the microwave to reheat leftovers. You could truly save $$$ preparing lunch and breakfast in the room. But in NOLA, dining is amazing, so we ate out everyday.
This place is a timeshare, we were so busy that we never did the presentation, and frankly tried to intentionally miss it. The gifts ??? are not really worth the time.

Cool dipping pool to refresh in, awesome interior architecture. The building was originally a printing company, the exposed brick walls and industrial windows are cool. Beds and linens are comfy. Staff is very polite and helpful.

We had a car, which you have the choice to self park or have them park. The garage is not attached to the building so it is a bit of a walk. We chose to have them park for us, which was an unforeseen expense, plus tipping. We traveled from NY, so for a family of 5 it was helpful to rent a car. It gave us the freedom to explore outside of the city, and to get us too and from the airport.

Even with children NOLA is a great time, Preservation Hall for music is family friendly. Swamp tours, Plantation tours. Cemetary tours, the garden district and the Trolleys. We drove about 2.5 hours to see the Most Haunted plantation in the world "The Myrtles". We went to Baton Rogue to see where "Sons of Guns" is filmed.

The food is great, and I can't wait to go back,

I would stay in this Hotel again!!!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Lara D
Reviewed January 18, 2013

My husband and I decided to bring in the New Year in New Orleans. We stayed at La Belle for 5 days in a Presidential Studio. The hotel was in a great location. We valet parked our car ($26/day!) and walked everywhere we wanted to go. The staff was very helpful and always offered directions and suggestions for things to do. Our room was very big for a studio, plenty of room for my husband and I. Our biggest issue was the noise from our neighbors' room. They were having parties and we could here the music, dancing and conversations through the connecting door all night. It was awful. All in all though we really enjoyed our stay, and plan to return again really soon. Another thing about this hotel is that it is a timeshare property and they REALLY try to get you into a presentation. But you can say no, and they will let it go eventually.

Room Tip: Not all rooms have street facing windows. Call the hotel and request before arrival if this is an i...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Arborg, Canada
Reviewed January 14, 2013

For my first visit to New Orleans this was the perfect place to stay. Had a one bedroom suite with a kitchenette, dining room table and couch and easy chair. There was the standard television and a radio CD stereo. The bedroom had its own television set and a dresser and closet and night table. The location of the hotel was one block from Canal and once one crossed Canal the street became Decateur and in the French Quarter. Location was close to shopping and restaurants and tourist attractions but away so one could relax without noise. The hotel check in was quick and had an info package from the concierge desk and lots of suggestions about how to get to anywhere and where to eat. Asked about tours and they gave me ideas and told me to contact them when I had decided. Did so the next day and they did all the phoning, arranged for me to be picked up and had a coupon for a discount. Every day the three with whom I dealt had all sorts of helpful ideas and knew their city and what to do or see and how to get anywhere. Have never stayed anywhere with a concierge desk before but they definitely earned their money with me and were always so polite and respectful. The facilities of the hotel were not overly special but nice to have. The pool is small but it was nice to have after a long day of walking and touring. There is a spa and an exercise area and a computer area but the hotel also has free wifi. In the core of the hotel is an atria and on the second floor every morning coffee was available so I wouldn't bother with my room's coffee maker and
just go down and sit in the atrium and talk to people who were also down there. The desk people were friendly and every evening I would pass over my day's postcard efforts for them to mail. Actually all the staff are friendly and helpful. I used the Magazine street entrance through the car valet area and would be greeted on leaving and returning and asked how my day had been. If I returned to this resort I would probably make more use of the kitchenette and not eat out every night. My one conern were windows that could not be opened so one could never get a natural cross breeze in the room and had to use the air conditioner which seemed strange for me for January. Noise was never a problem and if I had neighbours in the adjacent rooms I never knew.

Room Tip: There are rooms with outdoor views and others which look in on the atria or on the hallways. I like...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo