“Amazing”

Wyndham La Belle Maison
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed July 12, 2011

If you have a timeshare and are going to New Orleans, this is the place to stay. I think this place has everything going for it - close to the French Quarter, yet situated on a very quiet street; HUGE suites with kitchenette, big screen, DVD player; beautiful design and close proximity to everything cool in the city. You're three blocks from the St. Charles streetcar, 6 blocks from Burbon street, three blocks from the French Quarter, three blocks from Harrah's and five blocks from the river. You don't need a car or a cab (a good thing since parking is $24 a day). There is also a great bar - Chuck's - right next door that's open 24 hours. AND it's a non-smoking hotel as well.

My only complaint is the typical timeshare complaint - they try to hassle you into going on a timeshare tour of sister properties. Good if you want some free stuff, but we were getting a bit annoyed by the pitch 2-3 days in. Also, there's not really a swimming pool - just a very tiny saline pool that can maybe hold 3 people, a bit of a bummer on a super hot day when you want to cool off.

Highly recommended for anyone coming to the city. We will definitely stay here again the next time we come to town.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
7  Thank Geiszlah

Reviewed June 30, 2011

We arrived at the Wyndham la belle maison on a Friday evening after 30 hours of driving in a car. To our delight, our car was unloaded, we were escorted to the front desk and were in our rooms in 15 minutes. WOW, the timing was amazing. We had reserved 2 rooms..a 1 bedroom and a studio. The bedroom was located on the 2nd floor which was so convenient and lovely when you walked out your door. The studio was perfect for the 21+ year old kids (4 of them). Now the location is amazing...a few blocks from the hustle and bustle of Bourbon street. There is everything you need right outside your door. We parked the car on that first day and never set foot in the car for a week. You can walk everywhere or take the trolley for $1.25. The music, the food, the ambiance of every street of new Orleans is just overwhelming. The front desk staff are super helpful...especially Todd and Jeffrey. They gave us recommendation s of where to go, where to eat and things to do. We did not even leave the French Quarter the entire week. It was a wonderful family vacation and we can't wait to go back. We would definitely stay at the La Belle Maison again. I highly recommend the customer service and the quality of the hotel and its location. There were 7 of us total ranging in ages from 57 to 21 and we can't decide which one had the most fun. My kids say they did, but my husband and I say we did. It is a wonderful place to bring a family with 21+ kids. You will just love it

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank chocolatechip5
Reviewed June 22, 2011

We got there late at night and the man who checked us in was really rude and seemed like he wasn't happy to have a job.Then they gave us the wrong room when we were supposed to have a 2 floor suite he gave us a king bed room.And then our package included mardi GRAS world tickets which he didn't even have ready.But everything in the city was nice except the hotel service.

• Stayed: December 2010
6  Thank BestReviews101
Reviewed June 2, 2011

Pros:

#1 Location: as other reviewers have already noted, this hotel is steps away from the FQ, but off a side street, so quiet enough to catch those well-needed zzz's.

#2 Great rooms: stayed in a 1BR, which was clean and well-stocked with all the needed amenities.

Cons:

With the exception of Randy, one of the porters, who stood out for being helpful, thoughtful, personable, and friendly, the customer service at this hotel was not what I am used to. On the last day of our trip, we discovered from other guests that there were hotel amenities available to guests that the front desk had never told us about. Most people at the front desk were competent and friendly enough, but one woman was downright rude, which came as quite a shock to me. The condescending and combative tone which she used to speak to us was unacceptable in the hospitality industry. If it were not for that incident, this resort would have received 4 or 5 stars from me, given the invaluable pros that this location has to offer. But after that experience, I would not rush to return. Guests do not deserve to be treated that way.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank Sheeners
Reviewed May 24, 2011

My stay at the WLBM didnt start of very well. After a long drive from Dallas at check in i was given a handicap room initially, Dont think it was done on purpose but i would imagine the staff would be aware of which room is a handicap...oh well after bringing that to attention of the front desk i was changed into one of the penthouse rooms, but that was short lived because the next morning i was informed i was given the wrong room and needed to move...although i was given an option of staying in it, but i agreed to move, the day management was nice about it..
The rooms are very large and have almost everything you may need. Never had an issue hearing people in other unit outside of an occasional door slam. The main issue i have with the rooms would be the water pressure in the units and the size of the tubs.
The location of the property is great, parking could be cheaper but hey it is what it is.
Will def. be back.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends
4  Thank Gregory W
Reviewed May 21, 2011

The resort is in the great location, all staff was very pleasant including the front desk staff & vallet... beside the resort manager Amy, who called my room & said that if my service dog barks & is left in the room by himself I will pay 300$ fee. I understand there may be certain riles but she was very rude when talking to me & didn't let me finish my statement & when she called my room, she didn't let me say anything starting every statement with : "WELL" word making me feel very unwelcome.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
7  Thank mika41
Reviewed May 16, 2011

We stayed here over Jazzfest. 4 of us shared a 2 bedroom and it was perfect for us. Plenty of space, big refrigerator, comfortable beds, quiet when we slept. At first I was a bit worried about not having any windows in the room but at night it was fantastic. It was pitch dark and quiet so no matter how late or early you go to sleep it will be dark. The downside to this is no matter what time you wake up you still think it's night and you might oversleep. It was nice to have the onsite free laundry facility as well. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family