“Nancy and Guy gave us a "home" run”

Sully Mansion Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #20 of 141 New Orleans B&B and Inns
Reviewed February 10, 2014

Thank you Nancy and Guy! What my wife and I wanted was a great pied a terre, a great bed and shower, a perfect location to take off and explore NOLA (our best city) and kind and knowing hosts who were also great guides to their territory. We hoped that they would have great taste and go the extra mile to make a great things happen. We got that and more: coffee and tea outside our door every morning, great breakfasts by Nancy, Guy's paternal presence at breakfast to make sure we knew where we were going, how and why and Gracie, their sweet and welcoming dog and rapid first aid when it was, unfortunately, needed. Sully Mansion also has a great garden to sit in, write in and enjoy. We hope life gives a chance to come back. We suggest you do too.Tim

Room Tip: We had our own separate entrance and apartment. That was great for us.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Sully Mansion Bed and Breakfast

Reviewed February 10, 2014

Being my first time in New Olreans, I was beyond curious as to where I would call home for the next 10 days. I was so blessed to be a guest of Nancy and Guy's. Not only is the Sully Mansion beautiful, the hospitality is top notch!! The food that Nancy makes is so scrumptous and perfectly served every morning. The rooms are gorgeous but yet so simple. I fell in love with not only the city while I was there, but definitely the Sully Mansion Bed and Breakfast!!! GO...INDUDLGE...ENJOY!!!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 9, 2014

I stayed 9 wonderful nights at Sully Mansion, while I found permanent accommodation for the Spring semester at Tulane. My parents picked it out based on the positive reviews, price and the reassurance from the owners Guy and Nancy via email that they would help me settle into the city. But what I received from my stay at SM was well and truly above and beyond what we ever expected. I am from Australia, so when I arrived in NOLA after my horribly long flights, I was exhausted, lonely, COLD, home-sick and furious because United lost my bags! So you can imagine how relieved/happy/relaxed I felt when the gorgeous puppy dog Gracie bounded to the door and smothered me in kisses! I remember all my nervous feelings disappearing as I looked around The Mansion itself; warm, elegant and cosy… Just like home:) My hosts, Guy and Nancy were welcoming, incredibly accommodating, considering I didn't receive my luggage until day 3 and great company.

Guy and Nancy are genuinely some of the kindest people I have had the pleasure of meeting. (I can't even believe the reviews below? Complete nonsense.) They encouraged me to explore the city and gave great recommendations for places to eat/drink/explore. They were helpful not just to me but all the other guests, especially at breakfast time (SO DELICIOUS! Don't ever miss a meal!) when they would give advice about things to do and see. My parents are so, so, so grateful I ended up at Sully Mansion. I actually ended up staying an extra 5 nights because I was so satisfied with the entire experience.

I stayed in the Tchoupitoulas suite, which was perfect for me with its separate entrance around the back. The room had its own ensuite, heating unit and television (I believe all the rooms do too), which I found very convenient. The house keepers were very thorough, the cleanliness of the room was superior. It was a shame it was so cold when I stayed because I would have loved to enjoy the beautiful courtyard more. I did manage a reading session one warmer afternoon on the porch, where I was keep company attentively by Gracie!

I could not recommend more highly a stay at Sully Mansion. I have actually visited Guy and Nancy since to catch-up. I am a very lucky girl for finding this place.

Rachel,
21yrs, Australian Student.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Rachel M
Reviewed February 9, 2014

We have been staying with Guy and Nancy Fournier at their gorgeous B&B, for the past seven years, since Katrina since Katrina forced us to find other lodging when friends were forced to leave town. Since then, we have stayed at Sully Mansion upwards of 10-15 times and I must tell you that it is always a pleasure to be welcomed home, not only by Guy and Nancy, but by Gracie their wonderful dog as well.

The breakfasts that Nancy puts together are amazing in their simplicity and style. Often in the evenings you can smell the baked goods in the oven and know that breakfast is going to be the perfect way to start a day in New Orleans.

The rooms are immaculate and lovely. Some feel grand and decadent while others feel cozy and quaint. But the common theme is sumptuous and inviting. The location is perfect. Right in the middle of the Garden District with easy access to the streetcar a block away, Sully Mansion easily puts you within a few minutes of Riverbend or the French Quarter, CBD, Riverwalk.

I have often had questions about anything from street access changes since the storm or restaurant reservations to the times for streetcar runs and Zoo/Aquarium prices. Always, quick with an answer or taking the time to sit and find the information I seek, Guy and Nancy never cease to amaze me with their devotion to hospitality on all levels.

My words mean to convey what it means to have a place like Sully Mansion when I go home to New Orleans for a visit. I hope you will visit them and see for yourself what a wonderful place Sully Mansion and New Orleans are. Guy, Nancy and Gracie are a part of what makes it all so wonderful.

Room Tip: The Bourbon Suite is a luxury not to be missed. The Desire and Carrolton are beautiful rooms tucked...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank xanmaster
Reviewed February 9, 2014

My husband and I spent five happy days at the Sully Mansions. Our hosts, Nancy and Guy, helped us find wonderful tours and restaurants and also helped us with a variety of small medical problems that occurred during our stay. I can certainly say they went beyond the call of duty. The breakfasts were delicious, our fellow guests were interesting, and, an added bonus for us, was their friendly, personable dog, Gracie, who helped make us feel at home.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 8, 2014 via mobile

After 4 full on days staying in the French Quarter we moved out to Sully Mansion to relax and see a bit of the real New Orleans. Nancy and Guy run a beautiful b&b which is perfectly located for the restaurants, sights and shops of the Garden District. The house has character and the furnishings are comfortable and well kept. We read some negative reviews about the owners and the property but these could not be further from our experience. Nancy and Guy were helpful and suggested restaurants, music venues and day trips when we asked; but were never intrusive. Put simply, when we are planning out next trip, Sully Mansion will be our first call.

• Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed February 5, 2014

My husband and I stayed at sully mansion for 5 nights. I researched a great deal before selecting a place to stay and we decided to stay in a smaller more intimate place. I should have realized how this was going to go because before we even got to the B&B I was put off by the stand-offish attitude of both Nancy and Guy as I corresponded with them prior to our trip. We had never been to NOLA before and were very excited about our visit. We are quite friendly and it seemed like we were more hospitable than they were. Guy was so reserved, he seemed totally uncomfortable with having anyone around. Nancy was friendly to those that she wanted to be and off putting to others. We felt after a couple of days that we just wanted to avoid them. We weren't going to write a review but after seeing that others had the same experience we decided to. We thought it was us. Nancy writes that this is a rare occurrence in a reply she makes to another reviewer. I don't think it is, after reading many other reviewers who experienced the same treatment. They seemed grudging about accommodating us. That is not the kind of feeling a guest should have especially when spending over a thousand dollars. We would not go back. We did love NOLA though!!!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Gary O
innkeeper2631, Owner at Sully Mansion Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2014

We have been innkeepers for nine years now and have gotten to have a pretty good sense when a guest is leaving if we have met their expectations. This review completely surprised us given they left with a handwritten note to deliver to our housekeeper to thank her for all her hard work and extra effort when the one of them fell and cut her knee. They thanked us for lending them sweaters and gloves from our own closets when they decided to go kayaking, we faxed long medical notes for them on multiple occasions at no charge and everyday met their requests for suggestions of things to do including connecting them with volunteer activities for MLK day with two hours notice. A number of guests came and went during their stay, many laughs and stories shared across the breakfast table. They left early before dawn to catch a train with a taxi we arranged for them and not once did they give us any indication that they were displeased with any element of their stay. We feel badly that their concerns were not expressed so they could not be attended to.