“Frustrating experience”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Leonard, North Dakota
“Frustrating experience”
Reviewed March 23, 2012

I stayed at this place for 9 days and the service is absolutely horrible. After a long day of travel, I checked in after midnight and it took over 20 minutes to check in. The key verification wasn't system wasn't working. When they finally got my gets programmed, I went up to my room then walked down to get a soda. You need a key to get into the vending area. My key wouldn't work. Went back downstairs do get the key reprogrammed. This went on the entire stay for 9 days. I was on the 6th floor and everyday when I would return to my room the keys wouldn't work. I was so frustrated by day 3 and told the staff I was fed up with it. All they would say is "They will work now." This staff is so incredibly lazy and don't care about providing customer service. Never once did I hear "Thank you" or "I'm sorry about the inconvenience." Upon checkout I was not even thanked or asked how my stay was. Also wireless internet didn't work. When I asked why, of course all I got was "We have a business center available." I went into the business center and 2 of the 3 computers didn't work. I went back to the desk and the girl said they knew about it but had no idea how to fix them. Just an absolute mess. The reason I even gave this place 2 stars is because it has been recently renovated and very nice. For the price of this place, seriously go stay at the Marriott, Harrahs or the Sheraton. Same price and great customer service there.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank asilverbullet58104

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (204)
Washington State
Reviewed March 8, 2012

Staff were very friendly and helpful. Rooms were large and clean and well appointed with tv, kitchenette, etc. Great shower.
Even though this is a timeshare there was no pressure to buy. All staff went out of there way to be helpful..

Room Tip: Studio is a good size with kitchenette.
2 Thank stalco
Baton Rouge
Reviewed March 2, 2012

My husband and I and our two best friends just stayed here for Mardi Gras. Nearly everything from the time we arrived to the time we checked out was absolutely perfect! The entire staff was helpful and courteous, the room was clean and just as it was described online, and the balcony was the perfect location for watching the parades away from the chaos of street level. The only issue we had (and it really wasn't a huge deal) was that the resort does not have as many parking spaces as it does rooms. Since they were completely booked due to the holiday, by the time we arrived, we were not able to valet our car. Fortunately, there are ample places in the area to park. With the resort being directly on the parade routes, we were slightly concerened about the crowds on the balcony or courtyard areas. They do a good job of controlling that though with each guest being required to wear a colored wrist band (each day was a different color). Registered guests' bracelets are included in the price of the room and our visitors were able to purchase bracelets for $20 per day. This kept the crowds within the property at a reasonable level. The layout of the room was nice (studio suite) with the kitchen on one side, restroom on the other, a dining area near the large window, and a seperate space for storing luggage. We opted for two queen beds since our friends were staying with us and did not feel crowded at all. I had broken my ankle the night before our stay so was confined to a wheelchair and crutches for the duration. The staff was VERY helpful, opening doors for us, holding elevators, making sure everything was just right. The courtyard by the guest lounge is a great, quiet place to sit and enjoy coffee in the morning. I really just can't say enough positive things about this place! We will definitely be back again.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Slidell, Louisiana, United States
Reviewed February 29, 2012

What an unpleasant experience. All excited to be in New Orleans for Mardi Gras weekend. Check in was a nightmare. Staff at the front desk were dazed and confused and unpleasant Arm bands were required to get in and out of the building, our guests were treated like second class people, the security even grabbed my grand daughter's arm to tighten her arm band so much that it cut the circulation in her arm. I complained to management, but the next day, they did the same thing to my son-in-law. Arm bands for guests cost $20.00 each for each day. This was salt in the wound. I have never stayed anywhere where I had to pay for guests to visit me while in town. We paid $1970.00 for five nights.

I would say the room was nice, but the torture of dealing with the staff was so unpleasant it nearly ruined our experience. I absolutely hated going in and out of the place. For the money we paid to be treated like that was horrible. Every day was a nightmare.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank granny11_12
Vancouver
Reviewed February 19, 2012

We had a studio with a kitchenette. The unit was comfortable, clean and everything was in working order. Flat screen TV, fridge, stove, micro-wave ... Two comfortable queen beds and a galore of pillows. No bathtub but a spacious shower.
Staff was friendly and helpful. One piece of advice though : avoid the concierge as he or she is actually more a sales agent for Wyndham properties than a real concierge.
Parking is available only as valet parking. $20+ tax per day, half price if you are a timeshare owner.
But the real asset of this resort is its location, right on Charles Street on the streetcar green line. Easy access to the French quarter and other places. Close to the Garden District which is, from what I have seen, a good neighborhood at least in New Orleans' standard.
Our studio was overlooking a sort of interior backyard, so it was quiet.
There is a steakhouse on the premises. Good but expensive. There is another restaurant one block east (Cheesecake something ...) which has more reasonable prices.

Room Tip: Our room was facing the backyard and it was quiet.
3 Thank beachcomber381
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed February 18, 2012

Room and amenities were all great. Most of these extra items we did not use. Did not realize it was a time share. The telephone and desk staff were patient and courteous. Baggage men were excellent but don't know how much to tip them. The concierge staff was great but they seem to want sell you something. AC was not working but they fixed it right away. $20 fee for parking was questionable but it's safe and better than getting a parking ticket or your car towed. If Mardi gras parades went in front of the hotel it would have been a lot better. Steak restaurant was closed but the Trolley Stop next door was great.

Room Tip: Ask and you may get what you want if available.
1 Thank Russell B A
Canada
Reviewed February 8, 2012

We had a one bedroom suite that was recently redone all the furniture and appliances seemed quite new. For 3 of us staying in unit it was enough space. All the staff we encountered we're very helpful. Best thing was the trolley car stop right across the street. Very quick to get you down to the french quarter . Our favorite places were on Frenchman street . Drinks and eats at The Three Muses and also listened to some good music at The Spotted Cat. It was very busy when we were there so we walked a lot and never felt unsafe. All in all it was a great stay and we would stay at Avenue Plaza again.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family