“GREAT VALUE & GREAT LOCATION”
Review of Chateau Hotel

Ranked #110 of 167 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed August 27, 2010

great warm and friendly staff. my room was very clean. and for a total amount of $192.00 dollars for 3 nights .... well , need i say more ?

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank hawkeye10k
cmhnola2001, Reservations Manager at Chateau Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2010

Thanks for the great review! Come back and see us next summer. We also offer discount Papa Noel Rates in December.

Reviewed June 28, 2010

Some of the negative reviews on here had me a little nervous about Chateau, but we got a great deal and were happy to be staying right in the quarter so we thought we would give it a shot. I'm so glad we did! If you're looking for an experience rather than just a stay, I would highly recommend Chateau. The man who checked us in was very polite and professional and the guy who took our car was very fast and helpful. We were escorted from the lobby through the courtyard and shown our room. When the door was opened, I was pleasantly surprised by the size of the room and the modern but old feel of everything. The bedding and decor felt a little outdated, and the tv was tiny, but WHO CARES??? We didn't go to NO to sit in our room. This hotel is so centrally located we were able to walk everywhere we wanted to go. One of the best parts of the stay was swimming in the courtyard pool at night and hearing nothing but the horses clopping out on the street. We weren't in our room at the time we requested breakfast, we came back about an hour later. As we were walking up, the lady who serves breakfast stopped us and asked if we were still going to have breakfast with them...very thoughtful. The next time we are in NO, we will stay at Chateau.

1  Thank ba18ba18a
cmhnola2001, Reservations Manager at Chateau Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2010

We are so pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us! We've made some recent changes to staffing and are so glad to hear its improved.

Our pool is one of our best amenities, it really is like living in the French Quarter.

When making your next reservation, remind us you are a return guest!

Reviewed June 13, 2010

Liked the room; tastfully done, cool AC felt secure as room opened on to a private courtyard; nice little pool; very nice & helpful staff. Location was perfect, close to Jackson Square and shopping and eateries but far enough away to be fairly quiet. Very clean and bed and pillows were quite good. We will go back to N.O. and we will stay here again.

1  Thank CowgirlBeachBum
cmhnola2001, Reservations Manager at Chateau Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 15, 2010

Thank you for the kind review! Hope to see you back in New Orleans at the Chateau soon!

Reviewed June 10, 2010

Overall, I was pleased with the hotel. Our first night we stayed in a windowless interior room that smelled like mildew and was a bit drab. However, the second night we changed to a room with a balcony and were much happier. The staff was quite nice about moving us to a better room (was actually there idea so they must know 228 is not so pleasant). The comment on their website about the beautiful outside bar is misleading. We brought our own drinks and sat there one night but we were the only ones there and I wouldn't say it's a bar. The service was good though, especially the lady in the morning who serves breakfast and coffee. The staff was friendly and the service prompt. It's an older hotel and the years certainly show but still a nice hotel and pleasant place to stay. And the location is absolutely amazing-just two blocks from Jackson Square. I'd stay again but only if I had a balcony room.

2  Thank bamatraveler_9

Thank you for choosing the Chateau Hotel for your recent stay in New Orleans. The buildings are over 200 years old and during the summer months, the interior rooms have a tendency to sweat. We have been using a new paint to help counter act the humidity.

The bar is available till about 3pm, just ask the Front Desk to call over a server next time you are here! And make sure when reserving your room to request a balcony.

Hope to see you soon!

Reviewed June 7, 2010

This was our first visit to Chateau Hotel and it will not be our last. It has all the wonderful New Orleans charm and the location is awsome. It's 2 blocks from Jackson Square, Bourbon St., the French Market, the Street Car and great places to eat. The hotel is an older building ( this is real New Orleans ), the rooms are just all U need for your visit beacuse if U plan to spend all your time in the room why did you come to New Orleans. The court yard is great for your morning free contintial breakfast which is just enough to get U going for the day and also can be delivered to your room. The staff was all great and helpful ( Danny was awsome ). Yes the parking cost but very few hotels in the French Quarter have free parking again this is New Orleans. We enjoyed being able to walk back to our hotel & take a nap or drop shopping bags off with out feeling we had to go out of our way to do so.. It's just a great location. Have already recommeded to several friends. Wonderful trip. Thank U very much Danny. The Kirbys

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kirbybunny
cmhnola2001, Reservations Manager at Chateau Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2010

So glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us! Hope to see you again soon!!

Reviewed June 4, 2010

The hotel is beautiful and we got a coupon at the visitors center that gave us free parking. Unfortunately, we did not sleep this night because we were hot in the room. The AC for the hotel controlled all the rooms. There was a light switch on the wall that did not help at all. If you are hot natured, don't stay there. Also, our remote control for the TV was not working. We requested someone to come fix it and nobody came. Also, we tried to sleep until check out but the maids were extremely noisy. So, we got up and checked out.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank blf12

I extremely regret the noise level of the housekeepers disrupted your stay with us. I hope you filled out a comment card for the front desk before you left. I am going to direct these issues to the Head Housekeeper. Please come back and see us!

Reviewed June 4, 2010

My husband and I had decided to go to new orleans for our anniversary as we are from there originally and this is where we met. We decided this last minute and didn't know what hotel we were staying at. We went to a Louisiana Visitors center and my husband found Chateau Hotel's pamplet, he called and booked the room. Upon arrival the Valet/Bellman was very helpful, my husband checked us into the room. We walked through the front gate and into the courtyard which was beautiful! My children loved it and I loved it. The fountain, the pool, everything was beautiful. Walking into our room it was small but if you are staying in the french quarter you are going to get a smaller room these buildings ARE EXTREMELY OLD & ANTIQUE. You should not expect a big lavish bathroom either, I only know this because I lived locally. The beds are extremely comfortable, the rooms are very cool with their a/c (it was 90 degrees in the city while we were there). Also staying in the french quarter you should expect it to be loud, well I was suprised that it wasn't bad! We even had a room full of guys next door who were loud for about 5-10 mins and it stopped. My children slept very well that night! We had such a wonderful experience that I will be back Mid-June (already booked our room) for a girls weekend! We cannot wait. BTW those complaining about parking prices $16 is really cheap comparably but use a AAA card or find a pamplet that has the free parking coupon on it!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank mommypatton521

We always enjoy it when former locals come back to stay with us. We will see you later this month-I think you'll really enjoy the Deluxe Room!

Resevations Manager