“A real New Orleans feel”
Review of Chateau Hotel

Chateau Hotel
Ranked #115 of 162 Hotels in New Orleans
Tampa, Florida
“A real New Orleans feel”
Reviewed December 19, 2013

We have stayed at the Chateau almost once a year for 25 years, and have been pleased with the room, the desk staff, and the location. They have kept the hotel updated in the areas that need it, but left the charm of the old building intact. It is so nice to have a breakfast tray delivered to our room, and to be able to sit on the balcony and eat if the weather is nice. The form for this service is in your room when you check in,and the servers are very polite and helpful.
The location is very convenient to many things, and the trolley is nearby for reaching other areas.
It is easy walking distance to many of the best restaurants, and also to the best places for jazz.
Because of the location, there is some night noise, but It is very quiet compared with many hotels in the French Quarter. This is a real bargain if you enjoy the ambiance of the Quarter--beautifully restored old buildings, unique shops, fine restaurants, and friendly people.

Room Tip: Balcony rooms are nice if the weather is good, which it is most of the time
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Sarah D, Manager at Chateau Hotel, responded to this review, January 3, 2014
You have no idea how much it means to us that you've been a loyal customer for the past 25 years! We're very passionate about our city, so it means a lot that you've been able to enjoy it with us. Thanks for the feedback here on Yelp. I'll be looking forward to seeing you for the next 25 years.

All the best,
Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (200)
  • Korean first
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed December 18, 2013

I have stayed here four or five times, it is truly a lovely place run by some fantastic people. Great location, nice rooms, very pretty. Front desk staff has always been accommodating and pleasant. They have parking!! And the valets are fabulous. If I had to add a negative, the closet in the rooms I've stayed in have been on the small side ... but who cares, right?

Room Tip: I like the first floor rooms as I travel with a ton of luggage, as well, you can sit outside where t...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Sarah D, Manager at Chateau Hotel, responded to this review, January 3, 2014
We're so excited to hear that you've enjoyed all of your stays with us! Thanks for the loyal support here on TripAdvisor! If the winter up there in Chicago is bringing you down, you should plan another trip to visit us.

All the best,
Evans, Georgia, United States
Reviewed December 16, 2013

We looked at many different choices for a place to stay in New Orleans on a recent trip. We needed either 2 rooms or a room with two bedrooms and found this gem in the Bourbon Street area. The room was very clean and quiet, and a big plus was the second floor balcony access from one of the bedrooms. Overall a great place to stay!

Room Tip: The room with two baths and bedrooms is located across the street from the main hotel and has a balc...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Dallas
Reviewed December 16, 2013

The only redeeming quality of this hotel is it's location in the French Quarter. The front desk service was terrible. They were simply unwilling to help and responded to every question with patronizing remarks and attitude. I booked my room with another couple on one reservation, and when we asked the two rooms to be split up and paid for separately we were met with high resistance. I ended up having to pay more than the price I was quoted.

Our room was nothing special. The walls were "painted" a dingy white with yellow speckles. Two of the four drapes over the windows wouldn't stay open. The carpet didn't look very clean. One of the pictures was barely hanging on the wall with large missing pieces of its frame. The bathroom was very dim and not very clean. The shower's drain did not drain properly so we had to stand in about four inches of water while showering. The tile appeared to be glued to the wall of the shower with no grout and heavy mold was peeking through the cracks. I felt like I should have worn sandals in the shower.

They offer a continental breakfast brought to your room, but they did not specify this when we checked in. I called in the morning to ask where the breakfast was to be served and was told that I should have filled out the breakfast order slip hanging outside out room's door. I explained that I didn't have this paper on my door, so I received a loud sigh in my ear and was told that I had to come down to the front desk right away to place an order if I wanted breakfast that morning. After filling out my order, it took another hour and a half for my breakfast to arrive and when it did, it was missing items I had ordered. This had happened both nights I stayed here.

Also, street noise is very apparent in this hotel. All hours of the night, I could hear people walking, yelling, and laughing on the street and in the early morning you can hear garbage trucks and other heavier vehicles running through the streets.

So if you are just looking for a place to crash after an evening on Bourbon Street, then stay here. If you are looking for a nice, relaxing, clean, and friendly place then I DO NOT recommend this hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these New Orleans hotels

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed December 15, 2013

There was blood on the sheets. Water poured down from the bathroom ceiling in our 1st room. The room they moved us to did not have heat. The hotel is very outdated. The service staff was nice. The front desk staff was not as helpful. They did not deduct anything off of the bill for our trouble.

• Stayed December 2013
2 Thank Tynette
Reviewed December 15, 2013

I loved it. Clean, friendly. BreakfastContinental delivered to my room! My only problem was since it was only 45-58○ everyday and pool outsidenot neated, I chikened out & didnt swim. Otherwise this hotel was worth everypenny!

• Stayed December 2013
Sarah D, Manager at Chateau Hotel, responded to this review, January 3, 2014
We're all so excited to hear your 5-star review, Robert! We're all about friendly service and southern hospitality, so your compliments here on Yelp mean the world to us. Sorry it was too cold to swim during your visit. It sounds like you'll have to come visit us again this summer and have a chance to take a dip in the pool.

Cheers,
brisbane
Reviewed December 13, 2013

arrived evening after long train trip from los angeles. very inviting front desk, pleasant welcome. shown to delightful room downstairs at the back. lovely room, large bathroom. However, after a night in the town, returned to the room to find we could hear everything from the room next door!! their whole conversation!!!! such a shame as the room was furnished with lots of atmosphere, although we couldn't open any windows or doors - as door opened right onto courtyard. we were going to request a change of room, however, we were asked to move anyway, due to incorrect allocation of our booking. the next room was upstairs, no atmosphere, no room to put luggage also nowhere to put bathroom items --- but this room was light and airy and very little noise. the male front desk staff were quite unhelpful, appeared tired and disinterested. loved new Orleans but would not stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple