Chateau Hotel
$279
$269
Preferred Hotels
  • Restaurant
Omni Riverfront Hotel(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$215
$179
Priceline
  • Restaurant
The Whitney Hotel(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$229
  • Breakfast included
New Orleans Marriott(New Orleans)
$243
Hotels.com
$392
$349
  • Restaurant
Crowne Plaza Hotel Astor-New Orleans(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$170
  • Pool
Wyndham New Orleans - French Quarter(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$152
$224
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Omni Royal Orleans(New Orleans)
$299
Omni Hotels
1,022 results
All reviewsgreat locationfrench quarterjackson squarecontinental breakfastbourbon streetbeautiful courtyardtwo blockswalking distance to everythingrooms are smallbalcony roommardi grascharmchartresnoladecaturquartersvalet
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 5, 2013

For a first timer to NOLA, I wanted the "old world" experience with "new world" amenities. The Chateau Hotel had exactly what I wanted. I giggled when I walked into the room when I saw the beautiful king size bed linens to the pictures on the wall and the french area carpet. The bed was like sleeping on a cloud. The bathroom was so big we could have had a dance in it. Everything worked great. It was wonderful to open the french doors and take 2 steps to the courtyard cafe set when a lovely young lady brought us a tray of Coffee, Juice, English Muffins with Jam, and fruit. You just have to fill out the order and stick it on you door the night before and voila - breaky in the courtyard. The courtyard was relaxing and the gentle breeze was refreshing. We were 2 short blocks to the French Market and 2 blocks to Bourbon Street. Perfect location. If you show your CAA/AAA card when you check in you will get free valet parking - saving you $20 per night. The valet gentleman was professional and courteous. The ambiance and staff made for a wonderful trip and the price was right!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Sarah D, Manager at Chateau Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2013

Great ambiance and a comfortable amenities? Sounds like a successful stay to us! Thank you so much for the wonderful compliments here on TripAdvisor. Next time you want to visit New Orleans, give us a call!

Till then,

Reviewed November 2, 2013

Hotel location was great. Cleanliness was average at best. my shoes were sticking to the floor when I walked. The toilet was barely anchored down and very wobbly. My key barely worked in the lock. Conversly, the staff was great. They were very helpful and courteous to make our stay enjoyable in that aspect. It is still a great location to stay in. Would probably ask for a balcony room next time to make sure the toilet would be anchored. Not my first choice of hotel, but at the rate they charge, it is what you get.

Room Tip: Ask for a Balcony
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

I'm glad that you loved our location and staff, but disappointed to hear that you thought our facilities could be cleaner, Mark. We're always looking to improve, so I take your feedback here on TripAdvisor very seriously. Thank you for the review and I hope you'll stay with us on your next trip to NOLA.

Cheers,

Reviewed October 28, 2013

Our room was across the street from the main building with a door that opened to the street. Very close to Bourbon and centrally located to the entire quarter. Room was nice. Would recommend .
Would be great for the French Quarter Festival for its location alone. Very reasonable pricing. Located corner of St. Philip and Chartres Streets.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

It's great to hear that you loved our location, but I'm a bit confused by your rating, Stephen. I get the impression that you enjoyed your stay, but why only 3-stars? If you have any feedback on what we could do to improve, please let me know. Thanks for the review and I hope you enjoyed your stay in New Orleans.

Reviewed October 23, 2013

We stayed two nights, and the staff was great ( the bellman / valet ) good location, the rate was ok, but this place needs a good cleaning . Both the rooms and the courtyard need to be attended to. They do have valet parking and breakfast delivered to the room.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Great location, southern hospitality, convenient parking — that's what we're all about, so it's great to hear that you think we're hitting our mark. I take customer feedback very seriously, so I definitely plan on having our courtyard deep cleaned more often. Thanks for the review and I hope you'll stay with us again on your next trip to NOLA.

Till then,

Reviewed October 22, 2013

We went there (4 adults and 2 children) for one night in October.
The staff at the desk was absolutely unpleasant (the ones in the evening but the ones in the morning too). The groom was crumpled and flabby in a chair, not eager to help nor to discuss or even to smile.
The corridors were dirty. There were ashtrays with old cigarettes ends and some black plastic garbage bags in the corridors (same shape the day after ... nobody for cleaning them).
The rooms were dirty. We had a drop of blood (?) on one of the bedlinen. the bathroom in one of the rooms was in a very bad shape.
It was noisy.
The breakfast was one of the worse we ever ate.
And despite of all of this, the price was high!!
I don't recommend this hotel

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank vins100

The last thing we want to hear is that you weren't satisfied with your accommodations and our staff's service! As a historic hotel, our walls are on the thin side and sometimes the vibrant late night activity of the Quarter can tend to keep our guests up. I hope this wasn't the case during your visit.

As you can imagine, I take allegations of unclean rooms very seriously. When did you stay with us? I would love to check through our records to see which members of our housekeeping staff were working. Thanks for the feedback and I hope you enjoyed the rest of your trip to New Orleans.