“We always enjoy our stay at Bon Maison nice clean rooms and great hospitality.”

Bon Maison Guest House
Ranked #45 of 142 New Orleans B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 30, 2011

Chuck always makes us feel welcome at the Bon Maison, Nice clean rooms and you can access the heart of all the bars and resturants by foot. You never have to drive anywhere. The best place to stay.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed April 26, 2011

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Bin Maison. Rooms are very comfortable. We will definitely be back. Chuck was is very helpful and a gracious host. Our dear friends from Birmingham, AL recommended the Bon Maison and we are glad they made such a fabulous recommendation.

Mike Dameron & John Gosselin
Spotsylvania, Virginia

• Stayed: April 2011
Reviewed April 18, 2011

The rooms were wonderful. The courtyard was a delight. The staff was friendly and helpful. All in all a great place for a great price.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 13, 2011

Just returned from another stay at Bon Maison during French Quarter Fest. Chuck is a great host and we enjoyed our daily conversations with him. The room was very pretty and the courtyard where we have our morning coffee is lovely. The birds (parakeets) and fountain give a delightful sound. Having a location right on Bourbon, but down in thequieter end, is perfect. We look forward to our stay next year

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 11, 2011

Chuck and the assistant manager were as nice and helpful as they could be! The room was beautiful, authentic New Orleans, and right on Bourbon Street, minutes from everything. The courtyard was gorgeous and easily accessible. There was coffee, sweeteners and creamer with a working coffee pot, VERY important in my book! The beds were comfortable, the rooms were clean, the water in the shower was hot, and the water pressure was great, I would ABSOLUTELY recommend Bon Maison to anyone I know planning a trip to New Orleans!

• Stayed: April 2011
Reviewed March 10, 2011

I travel to New Orleans several times a year. I have stayed many times at the Bon Maison over the last five years, attracted to the location (Bourbon Street and the gay section) and the relatively reasonable rates. There has been a recent and sad decline in both the property and the management, so much so, I would not stay there again, nor can I recommend it to any of my friends.

I love the general sense of decadence and decay that pervades the French Quarter- but this place is in ruins. The interiors are filthy, with an inch of dust over most everything. I had to wear shoes inside the room, otherwise my feet would be black with dirt. The cute little kitchenette has mold in the grout, and spilled food in the refrigerator. The mattress smells funny, the linens have stains, and I have found personal items from previous guests in my room.

The shower head was broken, and I had to get a new one myself. The air conditioner looks and sounds like it has never been serviced, and makes more noise than a diesel engine. My neighbors' drain backed up with raw sewerage, and they had to take showers in our place until the drain was fixed: the next day!

The "maid service" is a guy who will change your towels if you ask him, but doesn't do anything else. He was drunk by noon each day and would make passes at the guests- offering "special room service". Make sure and pay for your room in something that gives you a good record (credit card or check) because they lost my deposit once, and you never know if they are sober enough to keep track of the money.

I have started staying at other places in the quarter, and have had excellent experiences with both cheaper and more expensive places. This is not the "French Quarter experience", this is just a poorly run guest house in it's fast decline.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank jaywolford
BonMaison, Owner at Bon Maison Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2011

Dear Future Guests:

Contrary to this recent review, we at The Bon Maison Guest House pride ourselves in providing our guests with the best accommodations possible during their visit to New Orleans. We offer clean rooms, personalized service, and an incredible location on Bourbon Street in The French Quarter.

We assure you that if anything during your stay is unsatisfactory, we will address the situation immediately. If you have any questions or concerns please contact us.

The Bon Maison Guest House

Reviewed March 8, 2011

I have yet to stay at this hotel; however when I called to book a room, the attendant was extremely rude. I thought about it and called back to ask to for his name and to speak to a manager. He hung up on me. Therefore, instead of a simple apology that would have been sufficient, I am posting this. I will also tell all friends/co-workers to NEVER book here!!!

Stayed: March 2011, traveled solo