Hampton Inn & Suites New Orleans Downtown (French Quarter Area)
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   226 Carondelet Street, New Orleans, LA 70130 (Central Business District)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
STOP CLICKING AROUND
Ranked #22 of 161 Hotels in New Orleans
“Great Value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2014

Breakfast was great. Accommodations were clean, comfortable and spacious. Staff was helpful, pleasant and prompt. Downtown location adjacent to Canal Street and the streetcar line. We will definitely use this hotel again on our future visits to NOLA!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (201)
Woodstock, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2014

I've stayed at this hotel 6-8 times on business. I go 3-4 times per year to visit a customer and enjoy all that is New Orleans. Being a Hilton Diamond member, I always seek out Hilton properties and when I found this one, I fell in love. The location (about a block and a half from Bourbon - actually, Carondelet becomes Bourbon when it crosses Canal St) is extremely convenient, though lower floors can be loud if you're above the street cars. Higher floors are fine.

This is a neat hotel. It's been nicely renovated and the rooms are spacious and modern.

My stays, however, have gone consistently downhill. Early January of this year I was there and my room wasn't serviced one day. No big deal. I was back for JazzFest in Late April/Early May and the same thing happened. I asked that it be serviced when I went out that evening, and it was. I can only imagine that a hotel in a city like this MUST run into challenges servicing rooms with people sleeping late and such. I keep fairly regular hours and always try to vacate my room by 10:00 and stay away for at least 2-3 hours. That seems like a large enough window to pick up a few towels and drop off a few clean ones.

Apparently, that's too much to ask. My last visit was a few weeks ago. On Saturday morning, I left my room by 10:00 and was back around 3:30. The room hadn't been made up. When I left to go out for dinner, I stopped at the front desk and asked if it could be serviced. The staff offered no apology but merely checked the records and told me that my Do Not Disturb sign was out when Housekeeping came by. I explained that I was gone by 10:00 and they seemed disinterested. Since they offered NOTHING and it was getting awkward standing and looking at each other, I then ASKED if I could have my room serviced. They begrudgingly agreed. I told them that if I could just get some fresh towels, that would be fine.Indifference. When I returned around midnight, it was just as I left it. Nothing. I guess the indifference was worse than I imagined.

I hate that this place has gone downhill. I love the location and the high ceilinged rooms. Perhaps I've just been unlucky, who knows.

I'll be returning to the Hilton Garden Inn or another property while in NOLA. Heck at this point, I've met my Diamond status for the year... I'm sure Marriott has some nice properties in NOLA. Hopefully, they don't see a request to have a room serviced as an inconvenience.

I would check out other options if you're looking to stay in NOLA. While you could do worse I'm sure, for the prices this Hampton charges, it's not a very good value at all. $300 a nite (during JazzFest) and I have to ask to have my room made up? I don't think so. Throw the 'tude on top of it? I really don't think so.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
7 Thank Buzz W
ViseTricia, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites New Orleans Downtown (French Quarter Area), responded to this review, August 26, 2014
First I wanted to thank you for staying with us when you visited New Orleans. I apologize for any inconveniences you may have encountered while you were here. I appreciate you bringing this to my attention, and I will definitely speak to my Housekeeping Manager and my Front Office Staff regarding these issues. If you would like to discuss this further, please feel free to call me directly at the hotel at (504)529-9990.
Again, thank you for bringing this to my attention because without help/suggestions from guests such as yourself, I could never begin to address many situations.
Tricia H. Vise
Arlington, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014

I wish we could have stayed longer! We were only in NOLA for one night, but I could have stayed much longer. Although there wasn't any free parking, the valet guys were great and super prompt. The hotel staff was nice and eager to help if we needed it...we weren't sure where to go for dinner and they had great recommendations, then in the morning, I lost my room key, and they gave me a new one, no problems! Speaking of morning, the breakfast was AMAZING! Make your own waffles, there were omelettes and sausage and oatmeal and cereal and yogurt and bagels. SO GOOD! We will definitely be staying here if we come back to NOLA. The bed was a key part of this great experience. So comfy after a long day of driving.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher level room...not as long at the top.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mikayla C
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014 via mobile

I loved staying here!! The staff was so friendly and breakfast was great after walking in from bourbon street at 6am. The front desk was top notch. We walked in and there was only one person working the desk. She was more efficient and friendly than if there were 5 people working there. I don't remember her name but thank you for being a sweetheart and making my first NOLA encounter a great one.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Tracey3nickpick
New Orleans, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014

We have stayed at this Hampton for several years. The staff is always helpful. Located in the Central Business District, it is close to all you want to see or do. After a busy day, you can sit back in your quality room and take a break from all the hustle and bustle.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

1 Thank Dave B
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014 via mobile

This location is great. The St. Charles trolly picks up right out front. The street turns into Burbon St. and all the Burbon action is within 3 blocks. Free breakfast and the building has a food court and Chase bank. Rooms were really nice and clean and big.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Arlington, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

Great staff!! Very nice and helpful!! Clean hotel and clean room and balthroom!! Close to Bourbon street. Only down fall is no place to pull up and load and unload. Have to valet park no self parking. Great breakfast. Also, good security to get up in the elevator to the guest rooms

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family