You added Hampton Inn & Suites New Orleans Downtown (French Quarter Area) to your Saves list
Hampton Inn & Suites New Orleans Downtown (French Quarter Area)
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   226 Carondelet Street, New Orleans, LA 70130 (Central Business District)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
STOP CLICKING AROUND
Ranked #22 of 161 Hotels in New Orleans
Lubbock, United States
“Very good experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

The hotel is in a great location. It is near everything you would want to walk to. The staff were very good and it took only five minutes to get our car out of valet parking. The breakfast was good. The shower did not work well and we stood in water as we were taking showers, but all in all the experience was good. I would stay there again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

1 Thank Virginia C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (201)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

This was an excellent accommodation that exceeded my expectations in every way. Room was ample, comfortable, no problems with internet bandwidth, the usual & dependable breakfast, staff friendly & helpful, check-in & out smooth & fast.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

1 Thank John B
Wichita, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

This hotel was lovely. The staff was very helpful and fun. We enjoyed the breakfast...way more than the traditional continental breakfast you usually get. Staying at the top of Bourbon St without having to deal with the crowds of Bourbon St was perfect!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

1 Thank Kimberly M
Bayou La Batre, Alabama, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

I booked this hotel on line, sight-unseen.... I was pleasantly surprised at the price and even more so with the hotel! Excellent location... on Carondelet St. just a block from Bourbon St. and Saint Charles. Just a short walk (a block) from the hotel to both trolley lines. One trolley takes you to the Garden District, the other to the River Walk where you can transfer to ride another trolley to the heart of the French Quarters. The hotel was clean and the staff super nice. Bathroom was large, it had a shower, but no tub. Lots of closet space to hang clothing. Full size iron and ironing board. There was also a microwave and fridge. The room also had an electronic safe which was nice to have. Free breakfast was served each morning on the fourth floor... Super Good! We paid for the Park and Stay package, which I recommend doing. Park and Stay gets you 24 hr. valet parking. Otherwise you will pay $30 a night to park several blocks away in a public parking garage. We experienced excellent and fast valet service. Loved our stay and enjoyed this hotel. Awesome! I included pictures.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Rochelle B
Dandridge, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

My fiance and I stayed a night at this hotel to have a night out on Bourbon St. I booked our room using HHonors points, so I can't really speak to the value of the hotel room. What I can speak to was that the front desk was able to get us into a room early in the afternoon, and provided friendly advice about where to have dinner. The room was modern, comfortable, and quiet, exactly what we like in a hotel room. The bed was comfortable, for what little sleep we got before and after the night out. And the location! Perfect for walking to Bourbon St, Frenchman St, and walking our way around the Quarter. It really was convenient to everything. Checking out was a breeze, they held onto our luggage for us while we went for brunch, and the valet was prompt with the car.

I definitely recommend staying here!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank marinerjess
West Memphis
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

My first impression of the Hampton Inn was not a good one. We arrived in the rain and our luggage had to be removed from our cars and our cars had to be valet parked. I have been to New Orleans at least five times and I have never had to relequish my car so soon! The valet service and bell hop seemed very impatient until I pulled out money and held it in my hand. Upon check in, my sister in law was unable to pay for her room with the same credit card she had reserved the room with because the credit card was in her husband's name. She was unprepared for this surprise and taken aback. It did not help that the bell man was rushing us to get our luggage to our room. Once we got to our room, I was very happy with the size of the room and the bathroom. It was very clean and the beds were comfortable. The view, however, left a lot to be desired. The parking fee was not included in the price of the room, so plan to spend extra when you arrive. The location was convenient to Bourbon Street and Canal. It was several blocks away from the aquarium, but still within walking distance. I don't recommend the walk in severe heat with kids. The lobby was marble and very pretty. The staff was kind upon checkout and graciously stored our bags so we could grab lunch before we left. I would say the biggest drawback is not having convenient access to your vehicle and no room service. One of the best amenities however was a lovely continental breakfast with a nice variety of good food. A bagel and cream cheese could even be taken back to the room to put in the fridge to snack on later. This sort of makes up for no room service. They even had coloring books and crayons at breakfast for the kids. The free breakfast at the Hampton Inn is the best one I've had in New Orleans.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank KGarey
Monticello, AR.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Stayed here in June of 2014. We were first greeted by Calvin the bellhop! Very professional and friendly and he has a wonderful New Orleans accent. Staff at the front desk was friendly as well. I had a problem with my mini fridge I called the front desk and the maintenance guy was there quick. He even brought us a new fridge to make sure our food stayed cold. Would stay here again, walking distance to Bourbon Street if that's your thing. Matter of fact Caroondelet turns into Bourbon Street! Would definitely recommend!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family