“Party on Bourbon St; Rest at this Hampton”

Hampton Inn & Suites New Orleans Downtown (French Quarter Area)
Ranked #27 of 162 Hotels in New Orleans
East Greenwich, United States
“Party on Bourbon St; Rest at this Hampton”
Reviewed April 28, 2014

I was travelling for a conference to NOLA and quickly needed a place to stay. Thankfully, this Hampton Inn was able to accommodate me. Due to its proximity to the conference center, my walk to and from the hotel was quick and easy. Not to mention the sites. Following my work day, it was nice to return and relax at this well-kept and inviting hotel. This was my second stay there and I would clearly and without hesitation recommend this property.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (248)
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed April 28, 2014

The good:
Early check-in, convenient valet service, we got a free room upgrade and the room was beautiful.

The bad:
-Our check-in/check-out were both good experiences, minus the fact that every time we visited the front desk there was only one representative working. We had to wait several minutes both times.
-No fan in the room restroom.
-We had some issues with our TV cable service, as it would go in and out of service. This was annoying but we never reported it as we weren’t in the room enough, and didn’t really want hotel staff having to come in and fix it.
-We were disappointed that we only got 24 free hours of wi-fi.
-We got a noise complaint called on us by our neighbors, and I was dissatisfied because we weren't very loud. This is a hotel in the French Quarter, so I think it’s to be expected that people will be drinking and might get a little loud, but we weren’t rowdy at all. Obviously the walls were paper thin for our neighbors to have heard us. I was disappointed at the way the hotel handled the noise complaint. I feel that the front desk should have called us first and asked us to quiet down. Instead, they sent some guy up who was extremely rude and told us "if you don't quiet down, we're going to have some serious problems", in a very threatening way. It felt to us like he was a bouncer more than a hotel staff employee. He also said he stood outside of our door for 5 minutes and listened to us, which I felt was a major violation of our privacy. I would have understood sending somebody up after a phone call as a second warning, but it was all handled very unprofessionally. If they would have just given us a simple phone call and asked us to quiet down, we would have done so right away.

Room Tip: We got a junior suite and it was lovely! I requested a room with a nice view and they delivered.
TX
Reviewed April 25, 2014

We stayed here and thought it was a wonderful Hotel. It is just steps from the French Quarter. We got the Park and Stay package. If they are offering this, I highly recommend. It took a little while to be able to park in front of the Hotel but Valet immediately came out and got our Vehicle. I hope if you stay here you are lucky enough to get Calvin as your Valet. He is awesome! Hubby and I both left our cell phones in vehicle and he walked with me to get them. I couldn't find mine and it was on silent so he called my phone, had me sit in our vehicle with the doors closed where I could listen. Sure enough, I found it! He recommended places to eat and when we left he came and got all of our stuff. I hope the Hotel knows how good valuable he is. The Hotel is beautiful! Our room was huge. No view but we already knew that. The front desk called our room when we got there to make sure everything was ok and then the day before we left they called again to make sure we had enjoyed ourselves. Everyone was very nice. We did not eat breakfast there. There is a Daisy Dukes Express pretty much right across the street that we ate at. Message me any questions you have! I don't want to take away from the Hotel by talking about other things we did while there. We would definitely stay here again! Thank's Hampton for making our stay great!!!

1 Thank TXKID
Batavia, New York
Reviewed April 25, 2014

This downtown Hampton is a safe/secure hotel within walking distance of everything a tourist would want, without the street noise. The convenient trolley line is just out the door with access to everything from the Quarter to the Garden District. The staff is very accommodating and the rooms are nicely maintained. There's a great breakfast spot directly across the street named Daisy's and they have fine omelettes and a killer "Bloody Mary." Leaving your vehicle parked is a wise choice with so many transportation options available. Highly recommended.

2 Thank DHawk455
Rotonda West, Florida
Reviewed April 24, 2014

Very well run hotel only 2 blocks from Canal & Bourbon. We had a corner king suite - windows on 2 sides, very spacious and comfy. A/C worked well without any annoying noises. The hotel had several large groups staying there during our 5 night stay but was well able to handle the crowds at breakfast. Good selection at breakfast. Loved being able to walk to the French Quarter, riverfront - all within a mile or take the streetcar right from the front of the hotel. Would stay here again.

1 Thank flflower
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed April 24, 2014

Yes, the hotel is comfortable and affordable. But the guest room doors SLAM shut. And the neighbors seem to come and go constantly at all hours and don't bother to catch the door before it slams shut. That is compounded by maintenance staff in the halls with walkie-talkies at full volume late at night. Couldn't management get them an earpiece? Do yourself a favor and bring ear plugs and a noise machine

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
ViseTricia, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites New Orleans Downtown (French Quarter Area), responded to this review, April 28, 2014
Hi! So glad you visited us when you were here earlier this month. First I'd like to thank you for staying with us as I know you have many hotels to choose from. I do apologize about the maintenance guys having their radios too loud, but that is a great idea about the ear pieces. I am going to look into that right away so that other guests are not disappointed as you were. Please let me know if you come back to visit as I would love the opportunity to meet you and personally ensure you have an outstanding stay!

Tricia Vise
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed April 23, 2014

Great location and affordably priced. Walking distance to just about everywhere you'd want to go (Bourbon St. The French Quarter, Aquarium, Mississippi River, Casino). Clean rooms though a fan in the bathroom was lacking. Helpful and friendly front desk.
Great stay...I'd go back there in a minute!!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends