Hampton Inn & Suites New Orleans Downtown (French Quarter Area)
Ranked #28 of 167 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed September 30, 2012

Once again Hampton Inn comes through. My husband and I just returned from 5 nights at this location. It is on Carondolet which is perfect for walking to just about anywhere. It is not actually in the French Quarter but we were able to navigate to anywhere from Bourbon Street to Jackson Square to Frenchman's Street to just about anywhere we needed to go.
It is indeed an older building and they are in the process of working on it, however that work never impeded our stay. Our room was huge and great value for the money, it had a fridge, microwave as well as coffee maker and a safe. Breakfast offered enough choices for even the pickiest eaters and on Wednesday evening we were treated to a Manager's reception that included snacks, sandwiches, wine, beer, softdrinks and dessert. It was great! I can also not say enough about the staff. From the front desk staff when we arrived to the bellmen and any interaction we, the hospitality, friendliness and helpfulness of the staff were evident everywhere. The location is a few blocks from Bourbon street, which makes it a perfect walk to Bourbon and a quiet night's sleep.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
ViseTricia, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites New Orleans Downtown (French Quarter Area), responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2012

I am so happy that you all had an enjoyable stay! I must agree, and I know I'm biased, that this is the best location the city has to offer! :-) I would like to thank you for taking the time out to write a review on Trip Advisor! I know it takes time out of your schedule, but I really appreciate hearing about great trips and if there are any items I can improve upon. Please come back and visit us again soon!

Reviewed September 25, 2012

Three of us stayed in the hotel during the recent AARP convention. It is difficult to find a room to hold 3 who want individual beds. We had 2 queens and a roll away and the room was not crowded. This has huge rooms and we never felt tight. Anytime we called to ask questions of the front desk, out concern was taken care of within minutes and questions answered immediately. The trolley in front was out of service, but the trolley on Canal street and buses are minutes away. You can get every where on these modes of transportation or on foot. Everyone in this city is so friendly and willing to aid tourists. If I ever visited New Orleans again, I would not stay anywhere else.
This hotel does not have a pool or spa. It also does not have a restaurant, however there are 100s around

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
ViseTricia, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites New Orleans Downtown (French Quarter Area), responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2012

Thank you so much for staying with us during your AARP convention; I am so pleased you guys enjoyed your stay! I'm happy you were able to still take advantage of the street car on Canal even though the St. Charles one was not online. Hopefully you will come back and visit once the renovations are complete!

Reviewed September 21, 2012

The rooms are big and very clean. The staff is great. The location of this hotel is perfect. It is only two blocks from the French Quarter. We could walk to everything. We read reviews prior to our trip and made our decision to stay here based on them. Unfortunately, the trolley was that ran right in front of the hotel was not working while we were there. We read other reviews about the valet parking, but we had no problems. When we checked out, our car was in front of the building before we got downstairs. Breakfast was included and there was a nice variety each morning. We would definitely recommend this hotel.

1  Thank KimberlyB311
ViseTricia, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites New Orleans Downtown (French Quarter Area), responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor...too many times people only want to report negative things, and it's refreshing to see someone wanting to acknowledge the positive things! I am so sorry about the streetcar line, but they repairing the line uptown and that affects the line downtown. I'm happy that you liked the location and the breakfast also! Please come back and stay with us again soon!

Reviewed September 12, 2012

We were not sure about this hotel for a tour of Treme, but it was centrally located to plenty major attractions, The French Quarter, Canal Street, The Riverfront. It was affordable, less fussy than the larger properties and the service was excellent. We enjoyed our stay here and the location to attractions and events we wanted to attend. An affordable family price with spacious rooms, hard to find in New Orleans.

Room Tip: Large spacious rooms with high ceilings, a small, quite Hotel in New Orleans, centrally located to g...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank slidelville
ViseTricia, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites New Orleans Downtown (French Quarter Area), responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2012

Thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn on your recent visit to New Orleans! I know you have many hotels to choose from, and I'm so thrilled you chose us! As I'm sure you could tell, we are in the middle of a renovation. Perhaps you could come back and visit us once it is complete. I appreciate you taking the time to review the hotel on Trip Advisor!
Take Care

Reviewed September 11, 2012

The biggest standard rooms I have ever seen at a hampton Inn, with 15 foot cielings and 10 foot tall windows, it is a unique building to be sure. Standard Hampton breakfast, cookies and friendly service at the front desk, it's just a great option in a great New Orleans location. The valet situation was a bit haphazzard, the area where the car is dilivered is often crowded, and even when you call down, it seemed like they didn't head off to get the car until you arrived in person (even though they ask you to call ahead), but that was a minor deal. Overall, very good, I'd stay there again and reccomend this hotel to just about anyone.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank 007DAWG
ViseTricia, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites New Orleans Downtown (French Quarter Area), responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2012

Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your recent visit to New Orleans! We know you have many hotels to choose from, and we're just thrilled you decided to stay with us! I'm glad you enjoyed your stay, and I can take a moment to explain a little bit about the valet situation. It seems some guests tend to call for their vehicle much earlier than they actually need it. Since the space out front is limited, the cars sit there and then there is no space to bring other cars around. On some occassions, if the vehicle sits there longer than 10 minutes, the meter maids will ticket it. On very busy check out days, we bring the car around once the guest is downstairs to prevent the above situations from happening. Hopefully this explains a little on the issues at hand, but I hope it doesn't stop you from coming to visit us again soon!

Reviewed September 10, 2012

This is our second attempt to send a review to Trip Advisor, about this New Orleans Hotel.
The first review wouldn't send, so let's hope this one goes!

We were so impressed with our stay here Sept. 1st - 8th/12, that we wrote a personal thank-you card to the general manager & her staff, but because of a long day's drive ahead of us, and in our haste to get going, we forgot to leave it at the front desk...

There is nothing this hotel won't do to make your stay in New Orleans outstanding.
From the front desk, to the bellmen, to the breakfast staff, to the maid service, and to anyone wearing a Hampton name tag, etc....You get the picture, don't you? - Absolutely outstanding.

Thank-you Hampton for adding your very own little chapter in our 50+ years of marriage!

From 2 of your biggest fans,
Peter & Rita

2  Thank Rete P

Hi Rita!
I am so sorry I did not get to meet you guys when you were here celebrating your 50th wedding anniversary! I hope you received my voicemail in your room, and I hope you enjoyed your basket! It is sooooooooo nice to see such a positive review, and I thank you so much for taking the time to write it. Fanci and the girls down at the desk could not stop saying how sweet you and your husband were! We hope to see you again soon!
Take care,

Reviewed August 28, 2012

We stayed here for 4 nights in mid-August. The location of the hotel is perfect. The front desk staff is very outgoing & friendly (that seems to be the norm for New Orleans). Our room was suprisingly very large and had all the basic amenities. My only suggestion to management is to consider getting rid of the paper plates & cups at breakfast and switch to something more environmentally friendly.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Emily A
ViseTricia, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites New Orleans Downtown (French Quarter Area), responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2012

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us during your recent trip to New Orleans. I know you have many hotels to choose from, and I'm just happy you chose us. Hopefully you can come back and visit us once our renovations are complete! I also appreciate you taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor.
Take Care