“Great location & Good Value”

Hampton Inn & Suites New Orleans Downtown (French Quarter Area)
Ranked #28 of 167 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed August 28, 2012

We stayed here for 4 nights in mid-August. The location of the hotel is perfect. The front desk staff is very outgoing & friendly (that seems to be the norm for New Orleans). Our room was suprisingly very large and had all the basic amenities. My only suggestion to management is to consider getting rid of the paper plates & cups at breakfast and switch to something more environmentally friendly.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Emily A
ViseTricia, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites New Orleans Downtown (French Quarter Area), responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2012

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us during your recent trip to New Orleans. I know you have many hotels to choose from, and I'm just happy you chose us. Hopefully you can come back and visit us once our renovations are complete! I also appreciate you taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor.
Take Care

Reviewed August 17, 2012

Very good for the new orleans area. Have stayed here a few times and had no plroblems witht he stay. The Hotel is very clean, safe, and over a good value for what we paid. It is slap in Middle of the city one can walk to just about anythang in the area. You will hear the sounds of Bourban street when you walk out the door. Is one of the better hotels in new orleans.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank abryl_12
ViseTricia, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites New Orleans Downtown (French Quarter Area), responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2012

I am so pleased that you feel we are one of the better hotels in the city; that makes me feel great! Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us when you visit New Orleans! I really appreciate also that you took the time to review us on Trip Advisor!
Hope to see you soon,

Reviewed August 16, 2012

I stay at A LOT of Hilton hotels (HH Diamond member for years) and this HI is in my top five fav's!
Great location. Great staff. Better fitness facility than most.
Rooms are very nice, plus, they are doing renovations so they will only get better.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Erik K

So excited that each of your stays have been great and that this Hampton Inn is one of your top five favorites! I am going to share your comments with my staff, so they know that their hard work does not go unnoticed. Thanks for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor; I really appreciate it.

Hope to see you soon!

Reviewed August 15, 2012

There was no down side to our stay here. The room cost less then $100 (with a AAA discount), it was in walking distance to the French Quarter, but not IN the Quarter, which is nice, the room was clean and the saff was all so attentive and nice. And the breakfast was awesome. Waffles, omlettes, juice, fruit, oatmeal, etc. A great location for a family visiting New Orleans.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank N0str0m0

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us when you visited New Orleans. It is really nice to hear that your stay was great and that you like the location. I really appreciate you taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor.
Hope to see you soon,

Reviewed August 12, 2012

Stayed for just one night, to show a UK friend some of the sights of New Orleans. Good location, rooms are spacious with all the usual comforts we have become accustomed to in Hampton Inns, bathrooms could do with a little updating but that is the only negative. The staff are wonderful - helpful, friendly and polite - special mention to Brian who helped us with our luggage! Hotel is situated at the edge of the French Quarter, walking distance to all attractions.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
ViseTricia, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites New Orleans Downtown (French Quarter Area), responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2012

Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your recent visit to New Orleans. It's too bad you didn't get to stay in one of the renovated bathrooms. We are currently renovating the bathrooms and should be complete by the end of the year. Next year we are renovating the guest rooms, so you will have to come back and visit! Thank you so much for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor; I really appreciate it!
Take Care,

Reviewed August 11, 2012

I live in Destin, Fl & travel to New Orleans frequently. I have stayed at many of the hotels in New Orleans. I must say this hampton inn is our FAVORITE! Never even heard a peep from the construction. Every staff member we come in contact with is extremely polite. The hotel is beautiful. The rooms are huge & very clean. The breakfast is a wonderful bonus! The valet staff is always nice & speedy! Keep up the good work! We look forward to many more stays!

Room Tip: have never had a bad view. of course we love the NOLA views! It is a nice change from Destin
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank tanya c

It's funny that you live in Destin and travel here, and I live in NOLA and travel to Destin! I love Destin just about as much as you love NOLA. I'm so happy that you choose to stay with us when you come visit the city! It is so nice to hear that the construction is not an inconvenience for you; I always worry about that! Thanks for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. I really appreciate it! Hopefully we will see you again very soon!
Take Care,

Reviewed August 6, 2012

I stayed one night and am so glad I did. My room was very clean and spacious. Bed was comfortable and provided a good night's sleep. The hotel is very close to the French Quarter; so I walked to Bourbon Street, Cafe du Monde, Riverwalk and Canal Street. The front desk people were so friendly, professional and helpful. The manager's reception presentation was very good, and there were various breakfast items. I am so glad I stayed here.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank ronilynn777
ViseTricia, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites New Orleans Downtown (French Quarter Area), responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2012

I wanted to take a moment to thank you for staying with us during yur visit to New Orleans! I'm so glad you liked the hotel, location and staff! Please come back and see us once our renovations are complete; we are so excited! I appreciate you taking the time out of your day to rate us on Trip Advisor!
Take care,