“Amazing staff, clean and comfortable”

Blake Hotel New Orleans, BW Premier Collection
Ranked #76 of 167 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed August 3, 2014

I stayed here a couple weeks ago and I found my accommodations to be very decent. This isn't five star, but my room was clean, and the staff was amazing. I was concerned after reading some of the reviews online, but I was pleasantly surprised.

My favorite part about this experience was the staff. Everyone I spoke with was fantastic, but Elias, Jan, and Miss Kim really made my stay lovely. Miss Kim was the housekeeping manager, and I will never forget her kindness, and Eli and Jan know where to go! All of those restaurants were great, especially Mother's!

I would recommend this hotel and would stay here again.

Room Tip: See if they have the space to upgrade you during the summer; Jan upgraded me upon check-in for free...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo

Reviewed July 30, 2014

We had bought a Groupon for 3 days at the Blake Hotel. We loved it right away. Newer hotel, well decorated with quaint clean rooms. Whittney was more than happy to recommend many local upscale bars and resturants for us to dine at. We had a medical emergency which I called down to her. She immediatly called a hospital emergency room with details and called a cab which was waiting for us as we got down stairs. The hospital was waiting for us. Lucky for us it was not life threatening.
Our trip was in July 2014
I would like to tell the Managment of the Blake Hotel that they have a STELLER employee, Whitttney, they are lucky to have her.
Thanks Whittney, Debbie and Ron

Room Tip: Its not ther Ritz. It is good for the price... Small clean rooms.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank debbiemCorona_ca
Reviewed July 30, 2014

Our group just finished a 2 night stay at the Blake, using 25 rooms, and had a great time. The pre-trip administrative details were all taken care of efficiently by Andy and his sales team. Check in was a breeze -- all of our rooms were exactly as requested on our rooming list and key cards were pulled and alphabetized for us. Couldn't have been easier. And the sugar cookies were excellent!

The front desk staff were uniformly helpful, pleasant and knowledgeable about the area. Everyone else we met on the hotel staff was friendly, accommodating and helpful. Kim, the housekeeping supervisor introduced herself in the elevator and checked to make sure that everything was up to par. Some minor issues with wifi were resolved quickly. Every hotel staff person we met in the hallways or in the elevator made a point of saying hello and asking if there was anything they could do for us.

The rooms vary in size, configurations and views, so if these things are important to you, make sure to specifiy what you want. Some of the rooms look out onto the wall of the adjoining building, up on the 10th floor, my room had a nice wall of windows with a city view. Given that it's New Orleans -- how much time are you really going to spend in your room? Everyone in our group commented on how comfortable the beds were! I heard no complaints about housekeeping or maintenance issues, the airconditioning was powerful -- which in July is really important!!

The restaurant is quite good, and considering the competion in town, that's saying something. Many of our guests enjoyed it so much the first morning that they ate there again the second -- when they could easily have strolled over to some of the other great options in the Quarter or on Canal. My only niggle with the restaurant is that it would be nice if they could figure out a way to make it more of a welcoming place to hang out and have a cocktail in the evening. The lighting is a bit too bright and while you can get a drink, there isn't really a bar space to hang out in. But given that this is New Orleans, it's not like there aren't a million other cocktail options within arms reach!

The fitness room was clean, well-stocked with towels and all the machines worked fine. Nice city view from the treadmill!

This is a great property for groups -- we got a great rate and all of our needs were met. The location is perfect -- far enough outside the Quarter to avoid the noise and chaos, but easily walkable or streetcar-able to everywhere you might need to get to.

We really enjoyed our stay at the Blake and will definitely be back!

Room Tip: Ask for city or park view if that is important to you. Some rooms look out onto adjoining building.
Reviewed July 28, 2014

We checked in on Friday after 5 pm. The room was small but clean. When we asked for a recommendation on a few places to eat in the area the staff only gave us one hotel. And then gave us a coupon with her name on it. (I am thinking they get some sort of kickback for this).

The staff at the front desk was slow when helping customers. And usually only one person was there running the desk; So I normally had to wait over 15 minutes to talk to someone (Did this 3 times).
The cleaning staff rearranged my things in my room. I have never stayed at a place where the cleaning staff touched my things before.
We were never told of a second elevator in the hotel. We waited 20 minutes on Friday night for the elevator to come down. And on Sunday a hotel employee told us of the other elevator that is much faster.

We stayed less than 42 hours at this hotel and had our car parked by the valet for the 2 days we where there. When we went to check out they charged us for 3 full days. When I questioned this, the staff said it was 3 days...Friday, Saturday and Sunday. I have stayed at hotels before with Valet only service and never had an issue with them removing the extra day if I truly did not stay over 48 hours. This hotel would not.

Our view was good.
Our room was right next to the ice machine so it was very, very noisy.
The location to the French Quarter was only so-so. If you are not in shape and cannot walk the 1/2 mile to mile to the French Quarter do not stay here.

I probably would not stay here again unless I had no other choice.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed July 24, 2014 via mobile

First off the staff was amazing! Always helpful with whatever we needed! The rooms were clean and the beds/pillows were very comfortable! The only issue we did have was that our door kept giving us issues when trying to open it. It wouldn't unlock even though the light turned green. We had to try at least 10 times. We did inform the front desk at check out. I still would recommend this hotel and will return on our next visit!

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed July 23, 2014

The valet service was appalling. I immediately learned on the first day that I need to call 15-20 minutes in advance. Well so I thought. It would still take another 15 minutes to get the car even after calling in advance. I was never greeted by the valet service. I have never experienced such service at a hotel that offers valet. To end my trip, I intended on leaving at 5:15a.m. on Monday 7/21 to get on the road in time to attend my cousin's funeral. I contacted the front desk 20 minutes in advance, but it still took 55 minutes to get our car. Needless to say, I was late for my cousin's funeral. I inquired at the front desk several times regarding the wait. I was informed that they had a lot of people checking out at the same time so there was a delay. The strange thing is I never saw anyone else in the lobby or outside waiting on their car. This leads me to believe that the valet service is shared with another hotel. Regardless of what the reason may be, the parking at the hotel is a complete inconvenience especially if this is your only option for parking. The front desk offered to credit valet for one night, but it should have been for both nights for the service the entire stay was dreadful. Lastly, during my wait for the car. I attempted to use the restroom in the lobby. One restroom was out of service and the other did not have toilet paper. I visit New Orleans once a year, but I have no intentions on staying here again.

1  Thank KandiMemphian
Reviewed July 22, 2014

I was there for a couple of nights and everything was great from check in to check out. Our bus was late but the sales manager stayed there late to welcome us with a smile. Kim, JT and the overnight auditor was always happy, helpful and smiling. Kim went out of her way to make sure i got the extra pillows I requested. I look forward to returning to this hotel next time i come to visit new orleans

Oh and the food in the lobby restaurant was great, I think better than some to the local restaurants.