“Fabulous customer service”

Blake Hotel New Orleans, BW Premier Collection
Ranked #77 of 166 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed April 15, 2014

I stayed at this hotel this weekend and had a really great customer service experience. I was booked for another local hotel, The Ambassador and upon arrival was told that my room had been given to another party....WHAT? However, they had booked me at The Blake so we were redirected. It was 11:00 p.m. on Friday night and we had no other choice at that point (it should be noted that my reservation stated that late check in was GUARANTEED). Upon arrival at the Blake, we were told that the room that was booked was not a double bed which is what we had at the original hotel and needed with the size of our group. Needless to say, I was very upset and contacted the Ambassador and basically told there was no other options in the entire city. The Blake did not have any other rooms so we made due. It was an unpleasant start to a birthday weekend. BUT my review here is not to bash the other hotel (as they tried to make things right the next day) but to note how wonderful the front desk person was to us at the Blake. I was obviously upset with everything going on and Jan at the Blake was fabulous!! She was patient, understanding and kind. She did everything she could to make us comfortable and make our stay at the Blake pleasant. She was the definition of what customer service should be and this was really appreciated since the issue had not even been with her hotel. I was not the nicest based on the situation which wasn't meant to be directed at her but probably did get projected naturally....but she didn't respond to this and remained calm and tried to make the situation as best as it could be. She was apologetic even though the issue did not lie with her or her hotel. I was really impressed with her and feel she is the epitome of wonderful customer service. KUDOS to JAN AT THE BLAKE IN NEW ORLEANS and hopefully others can follow her lead.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Angela d
Write a ReviewReviews (1,146)

Reviewed April 10, 2014

Our first stay at The Blake was a delightful experience; Rocky and the rest of the folks making up the staff were friendly and eager to please. They gladly kept our luggage safe when we arrived a bit early, so we could take a "look see' of the general area. We immediately felt at home by the staff's attention.
The sitting area was bright and a cool drink was available as well as computers.
Later the restaurant cook impressed me with his recipe and presentation of an "eggplant sandwich" which I chose for a light evening snack. It brought back a welcome memory of the first one I encountered in Granada, Spain many years ago.
The location of the Blake was just right, a short walk to the French Qtr.
and even close to the impressive Confederate Museum,as well as Casino offerings and other sights.
Our room was clean (non-smoking) and really quiet compared to other hotels where we have stayed on Canal or in the Quarter.
This stay was just right, we look forward to staying there again!

Room Tip: Even though our room was on the front, it was generally quiet even with the street car passing by oc...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank ferrettTX
Reviewed April 10, 2014 via mobile

I booked a room at The Blake for a conference I attended at the convention center, which is a long, 8 city blocks walk. The room was spacious, charming with high ceilings and crown modeling. Very clean and the bed was amazingly comfortable! Bath and Body Works shampoo, conditioner, body wash, and soaps in the bath room. My room had a fridge and microwave, which was nice because this hotel is in the Central Business District and everything closes early at night, including restaurants. I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
4  Thank GoBigOrangeT
Reviewed April 8, 2014

Our first stay in NOLA was great, huge thanks to The Blake Hotel for providing a wonderful experience. First, you can't beat the location, we walked everywhere! IThe room itself was clean and for the most part, very quiet. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The front desk answered any questions we had and recommended awesome 24hr restaurants that conveniently delievered to our room after a late night of drinking. On our last night, we asked the front desk if they could arrange a taxi for our 5am departure to the airport. At 445am, they called us to let us know our ride was here which was fantastic. Checking in and out was a breeze, I would def stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Erin T
Reviewed April 7, 2014

I booked a 2 queen hotel room for 3 people. The room was dark and dingy and not cleaned properly. They linens had burn holes in them and the room smelled of stale smoke. The housekeeping did not refill the toilet paper or coffee. We spoke with the manager and was reimbursed for one night. We stayed for 4 nights. There was a major event going on which made the hotel more expensive than normal.

On a plus. The hotel staff behind the desk were extremely friendly and they put out fresh made cookies at night!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank traveler1275
Reviewed April 3, 2014

I dicovered the Blake Hotel last week and it has a WOW about it. The new lobby is very Soho and it is on the street car line which makes you feel like your in New Orleans. I was fortunate to be there on a Wednesday night when they have the free concert in the park adjacent to the hotel ( Lafayette Square ). We didnt have to find a restaurant that night, because they were all their serving there specialties.

Can't wait to return!!

Room Tip: Older hotel with a brand new look, it has good bones and the best spot in town
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank gallup
Reviewed April 2, 2014

I found the staff service at the Blake to be a bit spotty. The front desk staff was polite. The maid service was rude. The attached cafe staff was a hit and miss - wait staff was friendly and host staff was not.

The location is good it was not too far from Bourbon Street or the French Qtr. It was in a nice location to get away from that madness. It is an older hotel with rooms that show their age. The slow elevators tremble which can be scary.

For the price it was an ok value but the service staff really turned us off. On a final note, a positive one, the attached restaurant is very good - tasty and good sized portions!

Room Tip: Corner rooms have a nicer and sunnier view.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank flacaSandra
Manny S, General Manager at Blake Hotel New Orleans, BW Premier Collection, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback from your recent stay. It is only through listening to our guests that we can acheive success. We do have some new staff that we are training and I apologize that you were not welcomed more warmly.

We are finishing up a years renovation and the elevators are one of the last items we will be addressing. I sincerely appreciate you choosing the Blake New Orleans and hope you give us a second chance when your travel plans bring you back to New Orleans.