“Good Experience”

Blake Hotel New Orleans, BW Premier Collection
Ranked #76 of 166 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed February 12, 2014

I stayed at this hotel after having a medical procedure in the area. I needed to book on the fly and the staff was very accommodating and caring, putting us in a room they thought would be quiet. I had to spend several days in the room recuperating and the front desk actually remembered and inquired about how I was doing. Very clean (and I'm a clean freakazoid!), quiet and comfy beds. Maids seemed sensitive to our special needs too. Food in the restaurant downstairs was very good, however, room service stinks. We called to order and the person who answered said hold on and maybe unbeknownst to her we were not on hold since we could hear people laughing and talking but after about 10 minutes we hung up and went down for the food. Very nice location near a park, the trolley and main streets. Lots of restaurants. The lobby was comfortable and they had a place to print boarding passes and watch TV while you wait. Sadly they had no coffee. For this level hotel I think most people would expect to have refreshments in the lobby. I had to drink a lot of water and we spent a dollar a bottle.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed February 10, 2014 via mobile

The location of the hotel is perfect. Breakfast at the partnering cafe is wonderful. Front desk service friendly and helpful. Only complaint is the absolute slowness of the room keys. In order to get our keys to work we literally had to insert them upwards of 10 times at a snails pace. No, they were not demagnetized by cell phone nor credit card. Had to go down twice to get new keys and never got better, only given the speech how we shouldn't hold our keys next to either above mentioned item. Also, paint is peeling all around windows and sheets and towels had stains on them. Other than those minor things we absolutely love the location and the view from our room up St. Charles was beautiful! Tip: park in the adjoining parking garage, $10 cheaper per day and just as secure and convenient.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank MissyV912
Reviewed February 9, 2014

I initially wrote a good review about this place, at the spurring on on the general manager. But, after they thought I wrote a review, their attitudes changed. Clean hotel with a good location, but and exceptionally slow front desk and poor attitudes and customer service from upper management.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank sonyaa2
Reviewed February 7, 2014

I stayed here for the MaryKay convention this year. There was a pretty African American girl with VERY curly hair (I Think her name is Whitney) who checked us in. She was outstandingly pleasant and gave my husband and I great recommendations for things to do and eat. Upon her recommendation, we went to Redfish Grill, Daisy duke's (don't let the name fool you, it was REALLY good!), Camellia's Grill (my fav) and enjoyed live music at the Bombay Club and Mulate's. We received excellent directions and various options of commuting. The hotel itself is charming, but I think their housekeeping department needs work. I'm not really picky, but coffee and FRESH towels are a must. The fridge wasn't cleaned either, but whatever, Whitney treated us well. I'd stay here again for sure!

Room Tip: Pick a City View Room! Try the restaurant! Ask for a higher floor!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed February 5, 2014

We returned to The Blake because of it's great location, courteous service, and clean rooms. This hotel offers nice rooms at a great price. You're close to coffee shops, the French Quarter, restaurants, shopping, and the Audubon Aquarium & Insectarium.

Reviewed February 4, 2014

Hey this was an awesome time. The rooms were spot on. There was excellent service in particular Jennifer Sayres at the front desk. Thank you for showing me an awesome stay!!! We will be back The Blake. Thank you !!!!

Reviewed February 2, 2014

We stayed there last night, after reading mixed reviews were concerned, no problems, nice clean and closer to quarter than we expected! Staff was friendly, everything was clean, decent location. The marathon start line happened to be right in front of hotel.

3  Thank YogaAudrey