Blake Hotel New Orleans, BW Premier Collection
Ranked #76 of 163 Hotels in New Orleans
Chattanooga, Tennessee
“Great Value”
Reviewed March 26, 2013 via mobile

Great price and close to the street car. Our guest service guy is extremely nice. Twice he has given me a map and drew out directions.
Rooms are small but nice and mostly clean.

Bad things: you can hear the street car run all night unless you're sleeping heavy.
No down pillows : (
NO PARKING. Valet is only 28$ for 24 hours. The first night I paid 38$ to park in the Whitney garage on Poydras. Chose Valet!

• Stayed March 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (181)
  • Turkish first
Chicago area
Reviewed March 22, 2013 via mobile

A few things: my message waiting light was on for four days and after three calls on different days and being told they didn't know what to do, I finally figured out that I should unplug it. For some reason, the cleaning crew would unscrew my toilet seat but not resecure it properly. My desk chair would not fit between the bed and the desk. The staff for the most part was rude and uncaring. It was bad enough that it was funny, though it was not my money being wasted on the hotel.

1 Thank LeadFree
Seattle, WA
Reviewed March 16, 2013

I was shocked at how rude the check-in staff was at the Blake Hotel. When I walked up to the check-in desk, the staff attendant saw me, turned her back, and continued to talk on the phone. I waited for a few minutes while she ignored me, and then her co-worker approached the desk. Instead of greeting me, he ignored me, and looked annoyed that I was standing there. Finally, I greeted him, and explained that I wanted to check-in. From there, the level of service only got worse. Instead of warmly offering to help me with my bags because I was too early for the 3pm check-in, the staff members looked annoyed that they had to deal with my bags, and very slowly helped me handle them. I were to describe the staff, it would be aloof, rude, and slow.

Also, a 3pm check-in policy is ridiculously late, and they refuse to budge on it for even a few minutes.

Horrible, horrible hotel. Do not waste your money on this establishment.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Kelsey1212Seattle
Minot, North Dakota
Reviewed March 15, 2013

We arrived at the hotel at 10:30 pm or so, only to be told there was a problem with out room. Jennifer was extremely courteous and professional, and the hotel put us up at another hotel for the night, paying for that room and the cab fare to get there. We were able to check in with no problem the next day. The attached cafe has very good food,the hotel is right on the St. Charles trolley line, and the rooms were clean and comfortable. It's the customer service, however, that really made the place a good place to stay.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Austin, Texas
Reviewed March 13, 2013

This hotel is nice. Its only a few blocks away from all the action. It looks like its been recently remodelled and the rooms are small in new orleans fashion but they are very clean and comfortable. Water pressue is strong but good. They let us check in at 10 in the morning which was so great after a 5 AM flight! Oh and the blackout curtains are wonderful after a night out on Burbon street!!!! I was overall very pleased with the hotel for the money we spent. The only negative I have is that they have no vaniety in the bathroom so no where to put makeup,curling iron,toothbrush etc.

Room Tip: Do the middle floors you might be hearing ground traffic from below if you are low to the ground and...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SteelCity13
Orange County, CA
Reviewed March 12, 2013

A/C is really loud; I just turned it off and put on all the blankets; fortunately it didn't get too cold. It's on St. Charles Street so the streetcars make noise. If you are a light sleeper get a room away from the street or a high floor as a last resort. Bed was comfortable. Location is neutral, a few blocks from the French Quarter so you don't hear revelers, just a tad dark at night so get home quickly. It's a bit farther to the Convention Center but somewhat in between the two so if you are attending a convention it's decent. For breakfast, the boutique restaurant in the lobby is awesome and a tad pricey, but if you are going to the Convention Center and want anything more than coffee this is your spot. Hotel is small, and it's in the Warehouse District bordering the CBD. Only one block from Poydras St. and some major Courts buildings so if you have business at either the location is ideal. Fitness center is small, but they have dumbbells to 50 lbs. This is the route of several Mardi Gras parades so if you want an awesome view of the parade (with the noise), rock on. I have no idea about parking but nobody rents a car in downtown New Orleans anyway.

Room Tip: Avoid the street side unless you want to see and hear the Mardi Gras parades or the streetcars
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Lathrop, Missouri
Reviewed March 11, 2013 via mobile

Looks nice from the outside, inside another story . Halls were dirty, elevators just kind of randomly stopped. Room was adequate but not really nice. Beds swayed from side to side........but for around a $100 I got a room with two queens and it was only a night so it served its purpose.