“Not that bad” 3 of 5 bubbles

San Francisco, California
“Not that bad”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2012

Between a 2.5 and 3.

First this is confusing b/c it is now called the Blake Hotel. I don't think it was worth the almost $200 a night, but was the best price I could find for the weekend booked a month in advance (due to several conferences).

Room: spacious, clean, but messy/ inconsistent renovations (patches by replaced thermostat, MISSING full length mirror in bathroom but sill had mirror hooks and glue on door...) peeling wallpaper - we had the room by the service elevator, which I wish I would have switched, but it wasn't as noisy as I expected. Didn't like the linens - comforter was a thin and polyester - like a curtain.
Service: Staff was very helpful and nice
Amenities: free wifi! limited room service (didn't use), fridge and microwave in room, vending machines and small snack selection in lobby.
A friend stayed at the Hilton 1/2 a block away - almost twice the price, smaller but more updated room and more hotel amenities - I'd still pay less and stay at the Blake.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
      Location
      Sleep Quality
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (164)
Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2012

The location of the hotel was perfect! However, I found a roach IN my bed on the 2nd night. They were unable to switch me into another room. The manager then offered me a gift basket but then realized they ran out. So she offered to come change my sheets and refund me for that night. Then the 4th night, another roach in my bed! I packed up and left the room and asked the manager to re-imburse me for that night. And she agreed. A roach on the wall is far different from a roach in my sheets. EWWW!! Well, its 2 months later and i have yet to be reimbursed for those two nights and everytime I call the hotel the manager seems to be away. It is quite fusturating and will NOT ever be staying here AGAIN!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends