“Innovative”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Coquette

Coquette
Reserve with OpenTable
Coquette is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #62 of 1,931 Restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Garden District
Cross street: Washington Street
Transit: St Charles Streetcar Line- Washington Street
Eu, France
“Innovative”
Reviewed April 24, 2014

Located in our favourite part of the city, the Garden District (please read my review about it), this is the second restaurant we went, after the lunch at Lilette (also you can read my review) and just before diner La Petite Grocery (I know, I know, too many reviews, but you can also read my review about it. What can we do if we really liked these three restaurants). So, like the two other, it’s located on Magazine street, the best street in the district. The design is beautiful, reminds me of a combination between a Parisian bistro with a New York twist. The cocktails are very good. Amazing wine list, the waiter have to climb on a huge latter to bring down the bottle as the roof is very tall over the bar. They also have very good wine by the glass, but a little bit too young by my taste. The menu change every other day and they promise that the ingredients are coming from less than 100 miles away. So what they propose is really what you get. They don’t want to promise something that they can’t keep. I recommend the veal sweetbreads, the red snapper crudo, the fried wild catfish and the frozen coconut.
Warning: It’s closed on Tuesdays.

New York
“Delicious!!!”
Reviewed April 22, 2014

Me and my husband had a Saturday lunch in Coquette. It was delicious!!!! Portions were good size, enough to fill you up, but not to feel overstuffed.
We chose 3 course prefix, enjoyed everything.
We were seated by the bar and only thing I wish was better - more than one bartender. It was not enough for busy place like Coquette. But we were not in rush, so not a big deal;-).
I wish we had a chance to come back for a dinner, definitely on my bucket list when visit new Orleans next time.

1 Thank dacens
Portland, Oregon
“Superb!”
Reviewed April 22, 2014

Servers knew their stuff, very helpful. We had most of the appetizers on the menu that day and they were all very good. Lovely neighborhood. Wish we had room for dessert.

Visited April 2014
Tupelo,ms
“Great small plates in Uptown”
Reviewed April 21, 2014 via mobile

We had dinner here weekend before last at this pleasant venue on Magazine.We split the meat board ,which was excellent.I had the snapper,which was perfect,and my wife had the duck which I tasted and was also very fine.The chocolate tart was wonderful.If you wanted to characterize it,I guess "foodie/small plates "would give you the idea.Kind of like The Girl and the Goat in Chicago but a little more upscale.It was delightful.We'll be back soon

1 Thank Julian H
Paris, France
“Over-Salted, Too Mustard-Dependent, Sloppy Service, Total Ignorance of Wine!”
Reviewed April 21, 2014

Various New Orleans friends and friends visiting New Orleans recommended this restaurant to us on a recent visit to the city. We were delighted with the physical space, the beautiful, long bar, the tin ceiling - very New Orleans. Took a long time for one of the many wait staff that had been scurrying about, though the place was only half-full, to land at our table and give us menus. I ordered a half-bottle of champagne and the wait person ask what champagne I was interested in, not knowing that the menu offered only one half-bottle choice (clue No. 1!). We chose the 5 course tasting menu with paired wines, thinking that would be a great way to get to know the kitchen's strengths. Well, most of the courses were good, none great, but a couple of them, including the main meat course (duck breast) were way too salty and the sauces were way too dependent on different iterations of mustards. The dessert, though was really refreshing (especially the basil ice cream) and beautifully presented. The worst part, though, was no matter which wait staff was pouring the paired wines, not one person knew one thing about the wines being served. For one wine, I asked a rather simple question, and the wait person literally picked up the bottle and began reading from the label. The servers were all friendly and enthusiastic, but really not well trained to be professional, crisp, attentive but not intrusive wait persons. For the money (and it wasn't cheap) we really expected more all the way around. Thus, have to give it an "average". Too bad. Beautiful place, but the "beautiful" part ended at the door.