“Excellent in all categories”
Review of Coquette

Coquette
Reserve with OpenTable
Coquette is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #85 of 1,947 Restaurants in New Orleans
Neighborhood: Garden District
Cross street: Washington Street
Transit: St Charles Streetcar Line- Washington Street
baton rouge
“Excellent in all categories”
Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

We visited here for lunch today.
Have been here several times before. Coquette lives up to all expectations and earns 5 stars in every category every time we come.
Food is beyond excellent and the service matches.

• Visited July 2013

Cincinnati
“Best Meal and Best Bargain in NOLA”
Reviewed June 27, 2013

Coquette is on the South end of the Garden District on trendy/funky Magazine St. near Washington. It's a great place for lunch after a walking tour or a visit to Layfayette Cemetary for two reasons; it is haute cuisine created, prepared, and presented with excellence and they have a 3-course luncheon for $20. That is not a typo! We had the mixed greens with creamy goat cheese and candied pecans, a delicious gumbo, fried wild catfish with smoked pork (amazing flavor combinations), melt in your mouth Pork Cheeks, and for desserts, ultra rich chocolate tart.

So, when in the Garden District why not skip the touristy Commander's Palace and enjoy a meal of fine dining that won't bust your budget. This is a combination that is rarer than a guinea pig's tail!

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank HikingFoolCincinnati
Jersey City, New Jersey
“Phenomenal Lunch”
Reviewed June 25, 2013

We happened upon Coquette following a tour of Lafayette Cemetery, what a lucky day for us. We considered the prix fixe lunch, but decided to go a la carte instead. First--they served us a warm and crusty bread. We frequently skip the bread - but no way could we resist this one. I had the local vegetable plate, which is a "best thing I ever ate" contender for me. Beautifully presented, it included at least 8 or 10 different vegetables, sitting on a shmear of cashew puree (kind of like cashew hummus) and accompanied by candied olive tapenade. A-mazing. My husband had a mixed greens salad, dotted with goat cheese and some yummy glazed pecans. We also had the smoked brisket sandwich, very smoky and meaty, served on a tad over-the-top buttery griddled bread. And the fries...a frite a French chef could be proud of. Look forward to trying dinner there the next time we visit.

1 Thank landminseattle
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Excellent Luncheon”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Our party of four had a relaxing lunch in this small popular eatery. The menu is brief at lunch but each item is prepared to please. We had the asparagus soup, soft shell crab, pork pate, beef brisket sandwich - all to our liking. The blackberry vercherin and chocolate mouse deserts were shared - wonderful! We will make point to go back for dinner on our next visit.

Brisbane, Australia
“Best meal in NOLA”
Reviewed June 21, 2013

I took myself off to Coquette for lunch while my husband was at his conference. My meal was superb. I had the lunch time fixed priced menu three courses for $23 and treated myself to an accompanying cocktail while I sat at the bar. The restaurant is on Magazine st so I filled myself up before heading off for a wander in the shops lining the st.

Entrée of arugula, goats cheese and pecans. Followed by Shrimp and grits and then spiced funnel cake with blueberries. It all was absolutely delicious! The Shrimp and grits was fabulously matched with cherry tomatoes.

Service was good but restrained.