“Bananas Foster - Midcity location”

The Ruby Slipper Cafe
Ranked #119 of 1,948 Restaurants in New Orleans
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Neighborhood: Mid-City
Description: A quaint neighborhood cafe serving New Orleans favorite breakfast & brunch all day, everyday!
Halifax, Canada
“Bananas Foster - Midcity location”
Reviewed April 6, 2013

Easter Sunday brunch was marvelous! The atmosphere, food and service was great. We enjoyed the restaurant so much, we went there 4 times. Visited both the Mid-city and Magazine St. location. Highly recommend you
give it a try!

• Visited April 2013

Martinez, California
“Oh, my goodness!”
Reviewed April 6, 2013

We were bowled over by the delicious food! And the quantities were serious! I have eaten biscuits and gravy in a number of locales, but these were the absolute best. Remarkable. The scrambled eggs were perfectly fluffy, cooked-but-not-browned. The coffee was dark and delicious. Wish we lived nearby!

Visited March 2013
Port Orange, Florida
“Very good breakfast.”
Reviewed April 5, 2013 via mobile

Very good breakfast. The menu is interesting and the food is tasty. I had corned beef hash with poached eggs. I never had CBH like that and I loved it. My only complaint is the bathroom which should be improved. I highly recommend The Ruby Slipper for breakfast.

Visited April 2013
“Great Breakfast Spot”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

I ate breakfast here my first day in New Orleans. It was a Thursday morning and the place was still pretty busy. I sat at the bar because I was eating alone considering New Orleans got the best of my boyfriend the night before. The bartender was very personable and helpful. I had corned beef hash eggs Benedict and it was fabulous. I also had a double mimosa which was also very tasty. I would have definitely stopped in here again on my trip but when walking by The Ruby Slipper there were always a ton of people sitting outside. I recommend trying this place during the week if you can!

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Mandachica
Pompano Beach, Florida
“The Ruby Slipper for Breakfast”
Reviewed March 31, 2013

This is a gem hiding in a residential neighborhood. We had to wait for about 15 - 20 minutes to get in, but the food was worth the wait. There are 3 locations, we tried to get in the one on Magazine Street, but the wait was over an hour. I suggest you seek out the smaller places and get there early.

Visited March 2013